Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 3 May 22, 03:55 AM  
Link to this Post
lcm23
Very Serious Dibber

Day 4 - Denny's @ Plant City for brekkie, Bubba Gump @ John's Pass for lunch, Kilwins ice-cream at Clearwater

Wowzers, today was a FULL day and we ate ALOT! I dread to think how many calories I have consumed today but it will definitely be over my 1,600 usual daily allowance at home! 😂

We were up and out by 7.30am for our day over on the gulf coast. First stop was Denny's at Plant City for brekkie. We all ordered the same... cinnamon swirl pancake combo. Me and sister had eggs over medium with hash brown and bacon. Hubby had no eggs, hash brown and sausage. We all had coffee. I didn't take a pic of hubby's as you all know what a sausage looks like! These pancakes were massive and very good if a little sweet. Me and hubby found the icing topping got a bit much after a while. Did I finish them...absolutely I did which I'm astounded at as when they were put in front of me I said never in a month of Sundays will I get thru those! 😲.We all enjoyed our brekkie and gave it a 9/10. The bill came to $45.09 and we left an $8 tip.

Once we'd had our fill we were back on the road to Fort Desoto State Park for a paddle in the sea and dolphin spotting. This is a beautiful state park, so peaceful and a beautiful beach. If we had longer there, there are cycling trails and walks which would have been nice to explore. We stopped at a snack bar by the pier and me and hubby shared a lemonade and sister got a cherry sno-cone and we sat and had them whilst watching the dolphins in the sea. It was amazing.

From Fort Desoto we headed to Pass-a-Grill at St Pete's for an hour just to have a little mooch. Another fabulous place and one of like to explore more. We the headed up to John's Pass at Madeira Beach. This place had a really great vibe about it and I bet on an evening it really comes to life. It was around 3pm when be arrived here and we had started to feel a bit peckish so we headed to Bubba Gump. To drink I ordered the Mango Lemonade.

Hubby ordered a mango and pineapple smoothie.

And sister just had a diet coke.

For food hubby ordered mahi mahi and shrimp combo. This was a decent piece of fish in a Cajun sauce with 3 grilled shrimp and mash. He really enjoyed this. I'm not a seafood fan so we don't have fish alot at home so he really enjoys it when he gets it when out. He rated this 7.5/10 as although be really enjoyed what was there, he felt.it could have don't with a bit of veg on the side and a couple of extra Shrimp for the price.

Me and sister were going to order the strawberry salad and coconut shrimp to share but they were out of strawberry salad so that's scuppered that plan so she ordered the coconut shrimp. She did ask for extra orange marmalade save for the shrimp but that never arrived. I had a taste of one of the shrimp but I wasnt keen. It tasted too fish and a bit greasy for me and the coating wasn't crisp enough but she enjoyed it and gave it a 9/10 as the extra sauce didn't arrive and the fries could have been hotter.

My meal ended up a bit of a disaster to begin with. I ordered the grilled chicken sandwich with additional avocado but then it arrived it was a fried chicken sandwich with no avocado but no sooner had the plate been put down our server was nowhere to be seen so I had to go wandering around the restaurant to find someone so I could send the meal back. It was actually the manager I ended up finding and she took the meal.away and arranged for the correct meal to be prepared. By this time hubby and sister were well I to their meal and mine was nowhere to be seen. The manger did come back to explain it was on the grill and she would remove the meal from our bill as it wasn't going to arrive until after hubby and sister finished eating. I thought this was very good of them as we had not asked them to do that. Eventually my food arrived and it was correct this time and nice and hot and fresh. The chicken was nice and juicy and really tasty with quite a kick to it. The fries were good too and hubby shared them with me. I would give this a 9/10.

This meal came to $60.21 Inc tax and we left a $10 tip.

After we had done at Johns Pass we headed up to Clearwater beach for a couple of hours and to watch the sunset. Here we got an ice-cream from Kilwins. I got a chocolate toasted coconut on a waffle which was delicious but I think I prefer the standard toasted coconut I had in celebration the other day. 9.5/10 from me.

Sister had a tub with chocolate peanut butter and hubby a tub with butter pecan. Didn't get pics of these as they started eating them before I could get pics but both thoroughly enjoyed them and gave them 10/10.

We got back to the villa just before 10pm from setting off this morning just before 7.30am. I do all of the driving too so I was feeling pretty tired. We're checking out of the villa tomorrow and heading to Pop century so I put a quick wash on, put the dishwasher on and hubby packed as much as he could other than the stuff we will need for tomorrow. We still had a couple of Gideon's cookies left from the other day that needed eating as they would melt and spoil sat in the hot car most of the day tomorrow until we can check into pop so we ate those. I had the limited edition chocolate coconut flavour that I had been so looking forward to and I'm afraid to say I was underwhelmed. Don't get me wrong it was a good cookie but for me it was simply a chocolate chip cookie with a few flakes of toasted coconut on top. There was no really coconut flavour to it and after much anticipation for it, I actually preferred the peanut butter chip one I shared with hubby yesterday.

Hubby had a triple chocolate chip cookie and sister the last peanut butter chip one. Sister said she preferred the coconut one over the peanut butter one! We're both looking forward to the may limited edition chocolate peanut butter cookie which we will hopefully get when we are in Disney springs later in the week.

Edited at 04:38 AM.
lcm23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 22, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Looks a good day
We love Denny’s their pancakes are large fluffy & tasty & their meals are very reasonable
That beach looked lovely too
Have a brilliant time at Pop Century

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 22, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Your Denny’s breakfast looks delicious- we always find it to be such good value and so filling. We love the Florida coastline and your pics are gorgeous, St Pete Beach is a favourite but I need to pop Fort De Soto State Park on the list now too. Good to see they rectified your meal at Bubba Gumps, mistakes happen but it’s how they handle it that matters. Have a great move to Pop Century- it was the first Disney Hotel we ever stayed at and we loved it! 😁
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 22, 03:33 AM  
Link to this Post
lcm23
Very Serious Dibber

Day 5 - Kekes be Kissimmee for brekkie, snacks for lunch, Boathouse for evening meal

Today was the day we moved out of the villa and over to Pop Century where we will spend the next 10 nights. After checking out of the villa he headed over to Kekes in Kissimmee for brekkie. We all ordered coffees and all opted for various waffles. The calorie difference between waffles and pancakes was huge so we opted for the healthier option! Lol.

I chose the banana, pecan and caramel with whipped cream. This was delicious with plenty of banana and pecan baked into the waffle and more on top. There wasn't so much caramel sauce which was good as it wasn't overly sweet. I really enjoyed this and gave it 9.5/10. The waffle was quite light and it felt overall like a much lighter breakfast compared with IHOP and Denny's from previous day's.

Hubby ordered the pecan waffle which again had plenty of pecans baked into the waffle. He opted for no whipped cream so his looked a little dry, however be added a drizzle of syrup and he enjoyed it. His only complaint was it wasn't very warm. He gave this an 8/10. Now hubby had a little incident here that had me howling. His came with a little pot of whipped butter and after he had eaten his waffle, he scooped up a big blob from the pot and ate at. Now I didn't see this but heard him gag and say 'urgh!' before I realised what he'd done. Oh my lord I was crying and the waitress thought I had gone bonkers. I'm not sure why but hubby thought the pot was ice cream. I'm howling now as I type this up! 😂

Sister ordered the Florida waffle with whipped cream. She enjoyed this and enjoyed having a decent portion of fruit but found it a little dry and said it could have done with a bit of fruity syrup or coulis. She rated this 8/10.

The bill in Kekes came to $51 Inc tax and we left a $9 tip.

After Kekes we headed to Kissimmee for a mooch and onto celebration. We were at celebration at lunchtime but we weren't that hungry so just got drinks from Starbucks. I ordered a chocolate almond milk iced coffee which was ok but didn't taste much like chocolate or almonds 7/10.

Sister ordered a strawberry acai refresher which she enjoyed.

Hubby got a flat white which I didn't get a pic of. The bill came to $17.50.

We eventually got our room ready email from Disney so headed over to check in stopping at Walmart on the way to pick up some sandwiches. We got the same as we had by the pool a couple of days ago so no pics.

Tonight we had a reservation at Boathouse. We headed there an hour before our reservation and had a round of drinks on the deck first. A strawberry lime koppaberg for me, Corona for sister and diet coke for hubby. No pics of these. The bill came to $24... welcome to Disney prices!

For food both me and sister ordered the filet mignon sliders. I had standard fries and sister had truffle fries. We both really enjoyed the sliders. The filet was so tender and soft and cooked perfectly. Both thought our fries were just Luke warm (cold food is a pet hate of mine) and my fries were over done. I rated mine 8/10 and sister gave hers 9.5/10.

We both ordered a duck duck razz... how cute is it! This was nice but very strong.

Hubby ordered the grilled mahi sandwich which he thoroughly enjoyed and gave a 9/10. His fries were also not hot hence he docked a point.

He ordered a coconut mojito which he enjoyed but didn't finish. I'm not sure he understands we are now paying Disney prices so he cannot be wasteful! 😂

As we have two rooms between the three of us, we have two lots of the dining credits. Sister is in a room on her own so has $360 to herself and we and hubby have $360 between us. As we both have separate gift cards we will be getting separate bills until the credits have run out (which won't take long at Disney prices). Sisters bill came to $34.50 and mine and hubby's bill came to $72.95. We each left separate tips also.

Edited at 04:15 AM.
lcm23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 22, 06:20 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Oh those waffles look good except of course your Hubbies, bit plain, tell him not to be embarrassed their butter does look like a little pot of ice cream, tastes good though

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 22, 02:17 AM  
Link to this Post
lcm23
Very Serious Dibber

Day 6 - snack in room for brekkie, Epcot food booths

We've been to Epcot today and this involved a lot of food. I have not kept tabs on costs here as we got lots of festival items and shared. All I know is we have spent a pretty penny between us, we have walked over 30,000 steps and I have an horrendous heat rash round my ankles and I'm currently laid on my bed with iced wet flannels on my legs trying to cool them down! 😫

So here goes for the food. Me and hubby started by sharing a banana nut muffin we bought from Walmart yesterday and we each had a packet of Belvita whilst walking around Epcot as we got there for rope drop. After doing a few rides, we started on the food booths.

First up was Epcot Sunshine Griddle where we got an Avocado Toast for hubby of course but me and sister had a little taste. This was really berry tasty and we could have eaten another but knew there was lots more to try to didn't. From the same booth we also got two portions of the fried cinnamon roll bites with candied bacon so we each had 2 pieces. This was delicious but very sweet. The candied bacon pieces were good to add a touch of saltiness. Finally from the same booth we got the alcoholic coffee cocktail to try. This was good and tasted quite strong. It was like an iced Bailey's coffee.

Next up was Flavourful Kitchen where hubby got the seared salmon with farro risotto. I don't like salmon at all but hubby really enjoyed it. Sister also had a try and said it was nice too. I'll take their word for it!

We the headed to pineapple promonade where sister ordered the spicy hot dog with pineapple salsa. This was a good size snack for the cost and she enjoyed it. I don't like pineapple and savoury mixed so I didn't try it and hubby wasn't fussed for a try either. We also got two violet lemonades from here to share. These were really good and really refreshing. It's been absolutely boiling today so an iced slushy drink was very much welcome.

I decided I needed something savoury as all of had was two cinnamon roll bites and some violet lemonade so we headed to Cider House for the BLT scone. I shared this with sister. I really enjoyed it. The scone was slightly warm and soft inside and the bacon jam was the right level of salty and sweet. Sister wasn't overly impressed with it. I forgot to take the pic until after I had started eating it...sorry!

After the scone we decided we would head back to the hotel for a bit of a break as the heat was intense. We stopped at l'artisan de glace for ice cream before heading to the skyliner.

I opted for coconut white chocolate which was a bit underwhelming and no where close to Kilwins toasted coconut.

Hubby had a tub of mint chocolate which he enjoyed and found really refreshing.

Sister had the cinnamon caramelised apple crumble on a cone which she also enjoyed.

Back at the hotel, rather than resting like we should have done, me and hubby decided to go for an walk around the lake and a look at art of animation resort. On the way back to our room we decided to stop at the food court and pop.and we picked up a coffee cake. This was a fabulous little cake with a crumble topping but tasked nothing like coffee we shared this with sister also.

We also picked up a lava smoothie from petals pool bar. This was a Pina colada tasting smoothie without the alcohol. It was good and perfect for cooling us down.

So after our little rest, not rest, we headed back to Epcot to continue eating and drinking! First up this time was Fleur de Lys where hubby and sister got the goats cheese croissant to share. Both enjoyed this and at the time of eating said it could have been their favourite item so far. Me and sister also got the salted caramel filled beignet to share which was good. Just like a custard filled doughnut with a caramelised glaze on top.

We then stopped at La Isla Fresca where we ordered Arepas with chorizo for hubby. I had a try of this and it was good. The chorizo had a bit of a kick to it. The arepa was more dense than I expected it to be. Hubby really enjoyed this. He also ordered the tropical breeze iced slushy with rum. This was gross but he thought it was just ok and drank it. It was very grapefruity. Me and sister each got the Tres Leches which we nice but not coconutty enough for me. Sister also ordered the coconut key lime ale which I had a try of. It was nice but strange as was a but like a lager and lime but with quite a strong aftertaste of coconut. I could have drank a glass but couldn't be bothered queuing again for one.

After a fair break from food and another ride, I went to magnolia terrace and got the gumbo for me and boudin bites for hubby. We each tried each others. My gumbo was really tasty but really spicy. My mouth was on fire when I finished it but it was just what I needed after quite a lot of sweet things. The boudin bites were also good but a little dry and crumbly once they were cut open.

Finally we ended the evening with the thing I had been waiting all day for... the pretzel bread pudding from Sommerfest. This was a good portion for the price and it was delicious. My favourite dish of the day. Me and sister got one each, hubby had a taste of mine but he's not a fan of bread pudding. Sister didn't finish hers as she had got a gingerbread cookie from Karamel Kuche which she was planning to have back in the room with a coffee so I finished hers too! 😬😬

That concludes our food and drink for today. I especially have mainly eaten sweet things today and it's been heaven. I must try to eat better tomorrow! 😂😂

Edited at 02:50 AM.
Old 5 May 22, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Jannyjan
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by lcm23 View Post

We've been to Epcot today and this involved a lot of food. I have not kept tabs on costs here as we got lots of festival items and shared. All I know is we have spent a pretty penny between us, we have walked over 30,000 steps and I have an horrendous heat rash round my ankles and I'm currently laid on my bed with iced wet flannels on my legs trying to cool them down! 😫

So here goes for the food. Me and hubby started by sharing a banana nut muffin we bought from Walmart yesterday and we each had a packet of Belvita whilst walking around Epcot as we got there for rope drop. After doing a few rides, we started on the food booths.

First up was Epcot Sunshine Griddle where we got an Avocado Toast for hubby of course but me and sister had a little taste. This was really berry tasty and we could have eaten another but knew there was lots more to try to didn't. From the same booth we also got two portions of the fried cinnamon roll bites with candied bacon so we each had 2 pieces. This was delicious but very sweet. The candied bacon pieces were good to add a touch of saltiness. Finally from the same booth we got the alcoholic coffee cocktail to try. This was good and tasted quite strong. It was like an iced Bailey's coffee.

Next up was Flavourful Kitchen where hubby got the seared salmon with farro risotto. I don't like salmon at all but hubby really enjoyed it. Sister also had a try and said it was nice too. I'll take their word for it!

We the headed to pineapple promonade where sister ordered the spicy hot dog with pineapple salsa. This was a good size snack for the cost and she enjoyed it. I don't like pineapple and savoury mixed so I didn't try it and hubby wasn't fussed for a try either. We also got two violet lemonades from here to share. These were really good and really refreshing. It's been absolutely boiling today so an iced slushy drink was very much welcome.

I decided I needed something savoury as all of had was two cinnamon roll bites and some violet lemonade so we headed to Cider House for the BLT scone. I shared this with sister. I really enjoyed it. The scone was slightly warm and soft inside and the bacon jam was the right level of salty and sweet. Sister wasn't overly impressed with it. I forgot to take the pic until after I had started eating it...sorry!

After the scone we decided we would head back to the hotel for a bit of a break as the heat was intense. We stopped at l'artisan de glace for ice cream before heading to the skyliner.

I opted for coconut white chocolate which was a bit underwhelming and no where close to Kilwins toasted coconut.

Sister had the cinnamon caramelised apple crumble on a cone which she also enjoyed.

Back at the hotel, rather than resting like we should have done, me and hubby decided to go for an walk around the lake and a look at art of animation resort. On the way back to our room we decided to stop at the food court and pop.and we picked up a coffee cake. This was a fabulous little cake with a crumble topping but tasked nothing like coffee we shared this with sister also.

We also picked up a lava smoothie from petals pool bar. This was a Pina colada tasting smoothie without the alcohol. It was good and perfect for cooling us down.

So after our little rest, not rest, we headed back to Epcot to continue eating and drinking! First up this time was Fleur de Lys where hubby and sister got the goats cheese croissant to share. Both enjoyed this and at the time of eating said it could have been their favourite item so far. Me and sister also got the salted caramel filled beignet to share which was good. Just like a custard filled doughnut with a caramelised glaze on top.

We then stopped at La Isla Fresca where we ordered Arepas with chorizo for hubby. I had a try of this and it was good. The chorizo had a bit of a kick to it. The arepa was more dense than I expected it to be. Hubby really enjoyed this. He also ordered the tropical breeze iced slushy with rum. This was gross but he thought it was just ok and drank it. It was very grapefruity. Me and sister each got the Tres Leches which we nice but not coconutty enough for me. Sister also ordered the coconut key lime ale which I had a try of. It was nice but strange as was a but like a lager and lime but with quite a strong aftertaste of coconut. I could have drank a glass but couldn't be bothered queuing again for one.

After a fair break from food and another ride, I went to magnolia terrace and got the gumbo for me and boudin bites for hubby. We each tried each others. My gumbo was really tasty but really spicy. My mouth was on fire when I finished it but it was just what I needed after quite a lot of sweet things. The boudin bites were also good but a little dry and crumbly once they were cut open.

Finally we ended the evening with the thing I had been waiting all day for... the pretzel bread pudding from Sommerfest. This was a good portion for the price and it was delicious. My favourite dish of the day. Me and sister got one each, hubby had a taste of mine but he's not a fan of bread pudding. Sister didn't finish hers as she had got a gingerbread cookie from Karamel Kuche which she was planning to have back in the room with a coffee so I finished hers too! 😬😬

That concludes our food and drink for today. I especially have mainly eaten sweet things today and it's been heaven. I must try to eat better tomorrow! 😂😂
Coffee cake in USA is to eat with coffee. It is not coffee flavoured. Americans!
Jannyjan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 22, 03:03 AM  
Link to this Post
lcm23
Very Serious Dibber

Day 7 - Tamu Tamu for brekkie, Satuli Canteen for lunch, Homecomin for evening meal

Today we headed for Animal Kingdom. The plan was to get there to rope drop flight of passage but that was 7am and we were tired so decided to just buy a lightening lane for that and head to the park a little later. We were still there before 8am. We did a couple of rides whilst lines were sort then headed to Tamu Tamu for brekkie.

Me and sister ordered a collosal cinnamon roll each. Hubby had an ear from off mine. These were a bit meh. They were warm but a bit tough like they'd been in the microwave too long. Also the blue icing just made them look unappetising. We'd give them a 6/10.

Hubby ordered a honey pistachio croissant which was lacking honey and he said it was just ok and gave it a 6/10 also.

For lunch we headed to Satuuli canteen. I ordered the chicken with a base of noodles. I ordered the creamy herb sauce on the side. This was good simply because it did not include any fried food however it was all very Luke warm and I felt the portion of chicken was a but stingy. I like my food hot so I'll give this 8/10. It would have been better of it were warmer.

Hubby went for the shrimp with a base of potato hash. He also had the creamy herb sauce. He enjoyed this alot but the temperature was inconsistent as he said it was pretty cold around the edges but hot in the middle. He still rated this 9/10.

Sister went for the beef with a noodle base and the green onion vinagrette. She also commented on the noodles being cold but still really enjoyed it and gave 10/10.

Me and hubby got a night blossom to share and sister got one of her own too. This was a good refreshing slushie drink. Very fruity but also very sweet. The sour apple boba balls we good but hubby wasn't too keen on those.

After a bit of chill time back at the hotel we headed for Disney springs for a mooch around the shops before heading to Homecomin. Again I bought nothing whilst hubby bought two pairs of shorts, three pairs of socks, two vests and a cap.

We checked in early at Homecomin. Our reservation was for 8.20 but we checked in and got a table at 7.30. glad we did as the food is heavy going and as I lay in bed typing this up, I feel very full.

I ordered the thigh high biscuits with a side of Mac and cheese. I had been dreaming about this meal after looking at various food reports/vlogs etc. Firstly, you could not possibly eat a portion of thigh high biscuits as a starter which is what they are mean to be. I ate 1 and already started to feel full. They are very very filling but delicious. After a little break I managed a few forkfuls of the Mac and cheese. This was ultra cheesy and gooey. I picked and a second thigh high biscuits and another forkful of Mac and cheese and declared myself done. I enjoyed my meal but it was just too much and I feel like I have a lump of lead in my stomach. 9/10 from me. I ordered a strawberry lemonade cocktail with it which was nice but not very alcoholic. 7/10 for that.

Hubby ordered the fried chicken sandwich which CE with homemade bbq potato chips. He enjoyed this and enjoyed having the potato chips as a side instead of fries. He gave this 8/10. He just had a diet coke with his meal.

Again as we were paying from our dining credits, we got our bill separate to sisters. Our bill came to $62 Inc tax and we left a $12 tip.

Sister ordered the fried chicken but subbed the mash for Mac and cheese. Unfortunately she was really underwhelmed with her meal. She felt the chicken was a bit dry and said she preferred the rotisserie chicken from our local Morrisons! 😂. She also wasn't overly enamored with the Mac and cheese either. It was a bit of a miss for her this meal. She gave it 6/10. She also ordered the rum shine punch to drink which was quite strong on the alcohol front. Her bill came to $52 Inc tax and she left an $8 tip.

Back at the room sister ate the gingerbread cookie sandwich she had picked up from Epcot yesterday which she had been looking forward to but unfortunately that was a miss also.

Edited at 03:32 AM.
Old 6 May 22, 06:28 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lcm23 View Post

Food glorious food 🙊🙊🙊
Looks wonderful
Hope your ankles are better today 🤞x

Old 6 May 22, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
lcm23
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Food glorious food 🙊🙊🙊
Looks wonderful
Hope your ankles are better today 🤞x
I wore long length leggings to animal kingdom today to keep them out of the sun. I was definitely the odd one out, I didn't see anyone else in full length legs. I then went in the pool in the afternoon and that seemed to calm them down a bit. They don't feel as sore this morning but still look pretty bad.