Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Apr 22, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
We stayed at CBR in 2016 and then stayed at WL in 2019. I liked CBR. We were in Jamaica and for me it was no hassle at all to walk across the bridge to the quick service (Port Royale?) and the main pool. We liked the proximity to the bus stop and the local pools. Some mornings I’d walk across to get breakfast for the family and then take the long route back around the lake. Everyone would still be asleep by the time I got back.

As other posters have said, distance is all relative. But the size of the resort wouldn’t put me off staying at CBR again
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 22, 05:41 AM  
Link to this Post
kikimouse
Apprentice Imagineer

Stayed at CSR and CBR. I prefer CSR. CBR, I felt was a little smaller than CSR but it is longish in shape and can take a while to go round. However, staying at preferred means you are near the food halls and main pool.

We had standard rooms when we stayed there prior to Skyliner and chose Jamaicaz it was a good choice - just walk across the bridge and the island to reach thr main pool. Now the skyliner is near the Aruba and Jamaica areas so we’ll probably recommend that area again.

Have your considered other moderates yet?
kikimouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 22, 06:35 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyHaunt13
Excited about Disney

I’ve not stayed there but we have visited the resort a couple times.

We personally would never stay there as everything is way to spread out. We don’t mind a walk but to be so far from main facilities etc would annoy me.

POFQ is the best moderate in my humble opinion. No such thing as a bad location everything is only 3/5 min walk (genuinely!) the bus situation is great due to small size of resort, coke freestyle machines for refillable mugs, beautiful views, great splash pad for kids and boat to Disney springs.
HappyHaunt13 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 22, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed 2019 in Aruba and loved it, but we are 2 adult's so happy to use the quiet pool outside our room, and only went to main food court a couple of times, as we used the skyliner at the Riviera station which was closest to go to Epcot and resorts.
The rivera wasn’t open but don’t forget you can go there now for breakfast etc
As for the room, it was clean and big enough for us!
And the lobby does smell amazing 🤩
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 03:44 AM  
Link to this Post
kadypants
slightly serious Dibber

We stayed last week (2 adults, 8yr old& 4yr old) in Building 38, one of the furthest from amenities. But we loved it!

Skyliner was amazing, we popped into Epcot on a number of evenings (although two of those we had to bus/taxi back due to storms).

Room - we had a Pirate themed room, which is why we were in Trinidad, as that's where Pirate rooms are located. Plenty big enough for us. Two double beds. Theming was right up our street!

Sebastian's was lovely too. The food was yummy, served family style to your table.

The kids loved the main pool, but also the local pools were fab!

Bus service - I'd read lots of reviews about people struggling with buses, but we didn't at all. The resort bus was regular and once we worked out the route it was fine. We never waited more than 15mins, although we did often walk up to the station outside the lobby, as i'd heard that the bus can get full before it gets down to our stop.

IMO - the resort is beautiful, clean - yes, it's spaced out, but we enjoyed our walks along the lake to get to where we needed to go. I wouldn't suggest staying there if you have mobility difficulties, as I guess that could be hard work/extra tiring, but we are relatively unfit and not used to the heat and managed it all fine.

I guess it's all relative and as long as you go knowing that it's spaced out, you'll be prepared.

Edited at 03:54 AM. Reason: To add a little more detail
kadypants is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
wishing
Earning More Ears

Mobile

We love Carribean beach to we stayed in Jamaica building and never found not to far to walk anywhere at all. The grounds are beautiful each set of buildings does have a coke free style machine in them as we used one in Jamaica and Aruba they are usually near ice or vending this makes it so easy to get refills for meals, pool time and before bed. We actually stayed one night at poly as my dream resort and left feeling CBR was far better as Poly was crowded and service hectic due to lots of day visitors.
Old 10 Aug 22, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Koalabottle
Apprentice Imagineer

Koalabottle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We stayed at CBR in 2019. The resort itself is BEAUTIFUL. Really loved the grounds, the amenities are also fantastic and the staff great. The skylines is great fun, like getting on a ride to go to a theme park!
The food options are great, my kids preferred the big pool at CBR to the one at AKL, the heathens! We got a preferred room and were very close to a bus stop too. And the grounds are big but we didn't mind that at all, they are gorgeous and a pleasure to walk through.
I'm not a fan of the rooms being separate from the lobby though.
Being honest, as we climbed the stairs to get to our floor it all felt a little Butlins-y. The rooms are well appointed and beds wonderfully comfortable but the decor is so very BROWN inside. I've been spoiled by deluxe onside hotels I know, but you will the difference between deluxe and moderate is very noticeable IMO. The air con unit is big and a bit noisy, and the quality of finish is different. That said, there is nothing *wrong* with the rooms , just a little different but we were very happy there.
I'd possibly stay there again, might not be AKL but I'd rather be at CBR and at Disney than not!