Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 26 Apr 22, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile Sequoia lodge - 1st full day Disneyland Park

Saturday - first actual full day.
Friday night we were in bed at 7pm! Think that’s worse than when we travel to Florida but after the stress on the covid pass, being up from 1a.m and the anxiety of flying after 3 years and DD being ill we were shattered! We chatted for a while but we’re out for the count.
Saturday morning we got up nice and early and went to Starbucks in Disney village for breakfast. Then we walked up to Disneyland Park. There was a moment of panic seeing it say PARKS FULL and mention of tickets AND reservation required. The “did we need a reservation?” Moment. But then we saw a line for HOTEL GUESTS - and we were in!
As we walked under the station and looked up and saw Mickey waving I hold my hand up and admit I got very overwhelmed. I think after everything that has been going on - loosing my dad and other stuff, the last 2 years of holidays being cancelled I think it was just a release.
Our first ride was Hyperspace Mountain. WOW! The kids were young when we first went to clearly we didn’t do it - blows Space mountain way out of the water (sorry Florida). Then we did Star tours - I’ve never done it. Can’t remember the order but we did POTC (different than Florida), haunted mansion - also different DD loved it, Indiana Jones - that was an hour queue - I thought it was ok dd thought it was rubbish - very quick. Buzz light year - different. One thing to mention - lunch. Dd and I are both pescatarian - I wanted to eat at Casey’s, they do a vegan hot dog but it’s advertised with vegan chilli. Dd didn’t want chilli so I asked for one without chilli - they couldn’t do it. They have loads of options for a normal hotdog - but the vegan one you have to have chilli. So we had to leave. I was really disappointed with that because I really wanted to try it.
We went to Hyperion - they did the impossible burger but it was on like a whole meal bun - it was weird. It was also a meal deal so had to have either a yoghurt or a magnum with it. Once again the fries were very good - the burger was “ok”.
We left the park to go back and freshen up late afternoon and then went to Rainforest cafe - we both had the Anaconda pasta - dd had mozerella sticks to start and I had spinach and artichoke dip to start, a side of fries and 3 coke zeros - the bill came to 76 euros.
Then we went back into Disneyland Park and rode some more rides - we rode Thunder mountain - once again WOW! Also puts Thunder Mountain in WDW in the shade! Dd was saying that it must go under the water to get to the mountain but I said no way. IT GIES UNDER THE WATER!
We really wanted to stay for the fireworks but an hour queue for Thunder mountain at about 10 we called it a day. We had been there from 9.30 so all in all an amazing day. Lovely wander back to the hotel through Disney village picked up a PGTL at Starbucks and then went to bed.
One thing to mention - no maps but you can request them. It was hard trying to navigate on the Disney app and I really had no idea where I was going. Found it very hard to navigate.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 22, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Logan
Imagineer

Great report and I'm with you on the Big Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain rides, blows WDW out of the water as you say, no comparison.
Logan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 22, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Looking forward to the rest! How was the food in Rainforest?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 22, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Logan
Imagineer

We're staying at Sequoia Lodge too, but couldn't justify the breakfast add on. You mentioned breakfast at Starbucks, what sort of things do they do. Plus do you reckon Earl of Sandwich would also be a good option for breakfast? Thanks
Logan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 22, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Logan View Post
We're staying at Sequoia Lodge too, but couldn't justify the breakfast add on. You mentioned breakfast at Starbucks, what sort of things do they do. Plus do you reckon Earl of Sandwich would also be a good option for breakfast? Thanks
Starbucks was pretty much the same as UK. We both just had the 5 cheese toastie but the had the usual croissants, toasties, paninis etc.
Earl of Sandwich - there was a breakfast platter option - we don’t eat meat so didn’t really look at that but it had hashbrown sausages etc. we had an egg and cheese “roll” it made me think of egg you get on a plane, with cheese on it and it was like it was sealed somehow. I’ll be honest it was ok but it actually did make me think of a breakfast you get on a plane.
The last day we went to McDonald’s. The disappointing thing they don’t do hash browns but we had the McMuffin - it was pretty much the same as here but just a bit over cooked.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 22, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post
Looking forward to the rest! How was the food in Rainforest?
Food was good. I like Rainforest in Florida. The portions are big - the starters I am sure it’s only nachos that it suggests to share but they are very big portions.
Old 27 Apr 22, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Ellelledee View Post
Food was good. I like Rainforest in Florida. The portions are big - the starters I am sure it’s only nachos that it suggests to share but they are very big portions.
Thanks, we also love Rainforest Cafe in Florida!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 22, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Logan
Imagineer

Funny enough, I'm not that familiar with Starbucks offerings lol. They have outlets in Belfast, but we live in the country. Thanks for the info though, might give EoS a go, plus there's always McDs.
Old 28 Apr 22, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Funny enough, I'm not that familiar with Starbucks offerings lol. They have outlets in Belfast, but we live in the country. Thanks for the info though, might give EoS a go, plus there's always McDs.
Sorry - In UK they do like a breakfast roll (sausage/bacon/vegan breakfast sandwich) - I am pretty sure they didn’t do the vegan one in Paris but they may have done the others. They do toasties - ham/cheese, 5 cheese, cheese/marmite, then they do various panini - chicken, cheese and mozerella, tuna and cheese. They do lots of muffins, croissants and pan au chocolat. Then they obviously fo extensive range of coffee, iced coffee, iced tea, blended drinks etc (frappechino or whatever).

Toasties and muffins etc they all seemed to be same as UK - I just didn’t really look much at meat options being veggie.
Oh my days this makes me sound like I am a Starbucks addict!
I literally love the peach iced tea or latte.

Edited at 06:45 AM.
Old 28 Apr 22, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Lovely first day! I can feel your emotion and I would feel the same 😢

DD is also a pescatarian and luckily loves Starbucks … but not McD’s … so we would survive 😆

Rainforest sounds good! I remember eating there the first (and only time) we went when DD was 6. She’s 24 now so maybe time for a quick visit!
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List