Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 15 May 22, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Rosen inn international drive

Afternoon all, we have booked bargain flights with Tui for the end of June now I’m looking at hotels, it’s a last minute budget hol, this hotel looks like our best option at the moment for something cheap but still decent. Can anyone give me any opinions on it please, we’ve never stayed on international drive before? 😀
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
firedance
Excited about Disney

Assuming you mean Rosen inn international (7600 I-Drive)

Been 8 times to Florida since 2007, this is the hotel (motel) we always stop in when on I-Drive, yeah it's cheap and cheerful and will not be right for some peoples taste but suits us perfectly as we are usually out all day so just need a bed, which are very comfortable back in 2018 when we last went, fridge, coffee machine, Large TV, toilet and shower etc , we also request a room in tower 3 facing I-Drive as the I4 or pools can be noisy sometimes.

The rooms on the ground floor facing the pool can be a little rundown with people running in and out with wet feet/clothes etc

Edited at 05:43 PM.
firedance is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

We were there last month. It was ok. Cheap and cheerful. We are out most of the day so had breakfast in the room and didn’t return until evening time. Pool was fine, had towels we could use at poolside. We also took some to waterparks. It wasn’t the cleanest of rooms and air con wasn’t great. We didn’t use shuttle bus just used Uber which was great. Lots of restaurants nearby. Saying all of this , I would stop there again unless the basic universal hotel wasn’t much more then I would stretch to that! Ask any questions you want. We aren’t long back!
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

There are 3 cheap Rosens on I drive (and 2 more expensive ones)

At the top end near Endless Summer is the 'Rosen Inn' which is a clean, basic but nice enough hotel.

Rosen International is next to the huge McDonalds a bit further South. This is motel style and MrsBenny has given a good assessment there (though we always found it really clean when we stayed there but that was a few years ago)

Rosen at Pointe is further South and is opposite the Pointe complex. Very similar to International - motel style and good value

If you have a few extra quid to put in = Rosen Plaza is below Pointe and is a 4 star hotel, more expensive but you can get good deals on it sometimes. Much nicer than the other 3.

We have stayed at all of the above and would stay at all of them again. You will struggle to get better value for the prices they charge. If you intend being at the parks most of the time = they are ideal

Edited at 06:03 PM.
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

There is also the rosen inn at midpointe which is up past the rosen centre by the days inn thou it’s a lot smaller than rosen international or rosen at pointe
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Andyc
I have Ears

Back from here on the 25th april. Hotel rooms were spotless. We literally used it mostly to crash at nights after being out at the parks. Loads nearby to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner. Rooms are old fashioned but they had everything we needed and the staff were friendly too. Pool was good for a bit of relaxation when we got the chance. We would stay again.
Andyc is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

When we went - don’t know if I’m being picky but the bath mat had mould on and the safe had a thick layer of dust on. I wiped the safe to clean it. Those were the main things I remember being dirty. Had to ask for cups for the coffee which was fine. They do have a great little shop and kids liked the icees there! Kids also had chicken tenders and fries from there which were reasonably priced. Went next door a few times to McDonald’s and Pizza Hut take out is up the road which was also good! Youngest son also enjoyed looking round hogans beach store as he is a big wrestling fan, just across the road from hotel.

We must of been there the same time AndyC as arrived back 23rd April. Maybe I’m too picky and we were unlucky!

Edited at 06:17 PM.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Thanks for those replies everyone, will also look into the other hotels mentioned, thank you😀
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

We stayed here for four nights this March. It is in a great location for a number of good dining spots.

It is pretty basic and we didn’t find housekeeping came every day (but then, this seems to be also the case in WDW right now).

We had a monstrous queue each time we had to call at reception but the staff were without fail really kind and polite.

The onsite shop was really well priced and we ended up in the bar for pizza and chicken strips on our first night as we got in later than expected - all fine and again great staff. I found there were a lot more Brits here than I’m used to in Florida.
Old 15 May 22, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Jon&Emz
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Stayed at the Rosen inn closest to Universal (the one that is opposite endless summer) in 2015 and that was amazing for the price. Obviously that was 7 years ago but still gets our vote.

Jon&Emz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List