Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

We Love Food - Travel Day - Friday 13/05/22 - Flight Food & McDonalds

We Love Food! An offsite dining report May 2022

Pre trip Report

Travel Day - Friday 13th May 2022

Inverness Airport Lounge

Our day started at Inverness Airport, and because we're flying Business Class with British Airways we have access to the lounge. Inverness is a tiny airport, so the lounge is small too, but we were welcomed by the very friendly host and offered tea/coffee right away. Neil had a tea, and I had a cappuccino but no pics as our host was chatting away to us as we were drinking them so I didn't get a chance! A wee while later we were offered a bacon roll. Neil had a bottle of water too.

BA flight Inverness to LHR

Once we had boarded our flight to London Heathrow and set off, we were offered a traditional breakfast or croissants. We both chose the traditional, which consisted of bacon, scrambled egg, sausage, tomato and mushrooms, accompanied by a pot of fresh fruit and a cereal bar. It was all very nice, hot and fresh. We had tea/coffee as well, along with an orange juice for Neil and apple juice for me.

We soon arrived at Terminal 5 but our next flight was from T3 so we headed over there before finding the BA Lounge.

British Airways Lounge LHR T3

This was our first time in the BA Lounge, and it really is a nice space to relax before a flight. It's huge, but surprisingly calm with lots of drink options. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get any pics as it was quite busy and it just didn't seem right to take photos somehow!

We found some seats and got some water each to hydrate after our first flight. Neil soon followed this us with a couple of gin & lemonades and some crisps. I had a cappuccino but no food as the breakfast offerings were still out and we already had breakfast!

About 12 noon I popped over to the buffet and got a small salad and a Pimms & lemonade. Neil had another gin. This seems to be the only pic I have from the Lounge .

BA flight London Heathrow to Orlando

Once we were settled in our seats, we were offered champagne or water - the perks of Business Class - we loved it! And of course we both chose champagne.

Soon after take off we were given a bottle of water each and there was another drinks service. This time Neil had a beer and a gin and I had cranberry juice. It was so nice getting drinks in real glasses! These drinks were served with a little packet of mixed nuts. Neil had another gin afterwards too.

Here are the drinks and food menus...

We both chose the lamb, and even though it isn't my favourite meat, I have to admit that this meal was really nice. It was all well cooked, and served hot. The 3 little breads were herby and Neil didn't like those. I thought they were ok and ate the lot! The tiramisu pudding was delicious .

Look, real cutlery!

The meal service was finished off with coffee or tea - I had coffee, and a glass of white wine with my meal too.

About an hour before landing, it was time for a light meal. We both had the Welsh Rarebit, which was a little tough to cut. This was followed by a really lovely coffee and walnut cake. The toffee icing on this cake was divine! The crisps were nice too. As well as a coffee with this meal, I decided to try one of their cocktails - the Cranberry Blush which was nice enough, if a little bland.

After disembarking and checking into they Hyatt Regency at the airport for the night, we headed down to the food court for a late dinner (it wasn't late really, but we had been up almost 24 hours by now, so it felt late!). We settled on McDonalds for easiness, and both had a Big Mac Meal with cola for Neil and sprite for me. Pretty standard fare, but just what we needed. $20.22

Total food spend today $20.22

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 22, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A great travel day and even better that the plane food was so good! I’m looking forward to following along. 😁
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 22, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Food looks lovely
I’m looking forward to your holiday report
Have a great time 😎

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 22, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Great food with BA! Looking forward to reading more 😎
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 22, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Holiday time
Serious Dibber

Sounds like a good, if long, travel day. The food looks lovely. Didn’t realise BA had brought back the hot breakfast. Have a great holiday
Holiday time is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 22, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Great travel day, nice food and a very nice amount of G&Ts to start the holiday for Neil. Perfect way to start the holiday 🍸
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
A great travel day and even better that the plane food was so good! I’m looking forward to following along. 😁
Thank you - yes, we really enjoyed the plane food

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Food looks lovely
I’m looking forward to your holiday report
Have a great time 😎
Thank you

Originally Posted by 4holibobs View Post
Great food with BA! Looking forward to reading more 😎
Thank you - it was!

Originally Posted by Holiday time View Post
Sounds like a good, if long, travel day. The food looks lovely. Didn’t realise BA had brought back the hot breakfast. Have a great holiday
It's always a long travel day for us. We were surprised to get a hot breakfast on our first flight too

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Great travel day, nice food and a very nice amount of G&Ts to start the holiday for Neil. Perfect way to start the holiday 🍸
Yes, it was pretty good!

Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
lcm23
Very Serious Dibber

I'm intrigued why you got a butter portion and jam? That's a strange thing to put on your sausages! 😂
lcm23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 22, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lcm23 View Post
I'm intrigued why you got a butter portion and jam? That's a strange thing to put on your sausages! 😂
😂😂 They came round with a basket of croissants afterwards, I’m guessing the butter and jam were for them, but we didn’t have any! Well spotted 😁

P.S. I was really tempted to reply “I always have jam with my sausages, don’t you?” 🤣

Old 21 May 22, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Fab travel day and I agree that drinking out of a real glass and using real cutlery is far better!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List