Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 23 May 22, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’m in the old camp too Lynda, blooming annoying when there are so many things on the food wish list 🤣🤣xx
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
We Love Food - An offsite dining report - May 2022

Day 3 - Sunday 15th May 2022

Walmart & Ford's Garage

Villa Breakfast

We had a lovely breakfast at the villa this morning, under the lanai. We had juice, coffee, toast, fruit and donuts - all from our Publix haul yesterday.

Walmart, Cagan Crossings

Our first stop today was Walmart at Cagan Crossings, where we spent a lovely couple of hours browsing. Of course, we couldn't go to Walmart without getting more food, so we bought muffins, crisps, wine, gin, lemonade and biscuits. Some other bits for home and the villa too. We managed to spend well over $100 again between the main store and the liquor store - we really should stay away from supermarkets! The food/drinks spend here was only $18.08 in the main store and $31.52 in the liquor store.

Ford's Garage, Margaritaville Resort

After our trip to Walmart, we headed along the US192 to see if there was anything new there since our last visit. Ford's Garage was on our list of new places to try, so seeing as we were in the area we decided to go there for lunch. We missed the turning first time around, and when we went back and turned in we found ourselves in the Rolling Oaks car park - not realising that it all joins together! We walked down a lane to Ford's Garage, admiring the old cars on the way.

We were seated right away and brought menus. After a few minutes of browsing our server came to take our drinks order - I chose a frozen spiked lemonade in strawberry flavour, and Neil had Coke.

The details here are really in keeping with the old garage theme, with the napkins rolled into some kind of mechanical nut thing (sorry, no idea what it really is! ) and the napkins themselves being like an old rag that the mechanics would wipe their hands on.

The whole theming is really cool - this car hanging from the roof has its wheels turning all the time, and every now and then gives out a big puff of smoke.

We both ordered burgers (half-pound of grilled black angus with Ford's signature seasoning served with Ford's fries). American Standard for Neil (American cheese, chopped romaine, tomato, red onion and pickle planks on a brioche bun) - he asked for no pickle. I chose the BBQ Brisket Burger (Tillamook chedddar cheese, bourbon BBQ sauce, hickory-smoked brisket, applewood smoked bacon, red onions and crispy onion straws on a brioche bun) - I was offered the choice of fries or tater tots, and chose the tots, which I thought would be a nice change.

Our meals took a long time to come out, and I popped to the restrooms while we were waiting. Check out these cool sinks... I couldn't work out how to turn the water on - I learned from an old lady who was at the sink next to me! 🤣

Disappointingly, when our meals finally arrived, they weren't quite right. Neil had pickle in his burger (which is easily removed to be fair) and I had fries on my plate, not the tater tots I had ordered. Our server offered to bring a side of the tater tots, but we knew we wouldn't eat it all if we got those too, so we declined. What didn't disappoint though, was the burgers themselves - they were delicious . A really tasty, succulent burger, and the fries were very well seasoned too. I loved the little onion straws in my burger.

This is the second place we've been to where the tip has been automatically added on, so not sure if this is where the American service industry is headed now, taking the choice out of the consumers hands. In this case, our server was far too interested in chatting to the people at the next table to us - swapping numbers and spending almost all of the time we were waiting for our meals with them.

Regardless of the slightly below par service, we would definitely return to this chain, as the food really was very good. $62.41.

Villa Snacks

After our big lunch out, we didn't need another big meal, so after spending some time around the villa pool, we just had a muffin each and some of the biscuits we had bought in Walmart as a snack later. Neil had some beers, and I had one of my bottled cocktails.

Total food/drink spend today $112.01
So glad you liked the burgers after your order was messed up
Never been here but definitely on the list now 😋😋

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Mmm, those Burgers look nice.

The thing holding the Napkin tidy is called a Jubilee Clip.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 22, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Looks very good! I might give the Vineland one a go.
orlandoamber is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 22, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
That food looks really good, shame about the orders not being correct though x

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 22, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
The theming and the food looks great at Fords. Another good choice at the Rolling Oaks area.

I’ve also seen someone else explain about the automatic tip there so it is possibly the way things are going which is disappointing. I thought it was cheeky when we bought two doughnuts at a Disney Springs counter service and the card machine asked if we wanted to give a tip!
Rolling Oaks is fab for food choices - always a good place to head towards if you're not sure what to have. We didn't encounter the auto-tip again after this. Surely they can't expect it for counter service too!

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
I’m in the old camp too Lynda, blooming annoying when there are so many things on the food wish list 🤣🤣xx
Haha, I know - silly old stomachs!

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
So glad you liked the burgers after your order was messed up
Never been here but definitely on the list now 😋😋
It didn't matter in the end as the fries were really tasty and I was glad I had them! Burgers were very nice indeed.

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Mmm, those Burgers look nice.

The thing holding the Napkin tidy is called a Jubilee Clip.
The burgers were very good - worth a try if you're out and about for sure. Thank you! I knew someone would know the technical term for the mechanical thingy

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Looks very good! I might give the Vineland one a go.
I would imagine they're all the same, certainly looked the same. The Vineland one was busy the day we walked past so might be worth choosing your time quite carefully.

Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
That food looks really good, shame about the orders not being correct though x
It does spoil it a bit when the order gets messed up, but the fries were really good in the end.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 22, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Your villa breakfast and snacks look so photogenic and tasty.

Such a shame about the service at Fords Garage, I've heard great things about there. I'm glad that didn't put you off returning though. The burgers look immense! X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 22, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Your villa breakfast and snacks look so photogenic and tasty.

Such a shame about the service at Fords Garage, I've heard great things about there. I'm glad that didn't put you off returning though. The burgers look immense! X
Thank you! I’m going to take the compliment about my photos and run with it because I know I’m a terrible photographer 😂

We would definitely go back to Fords, despite the slow service and wrong order, so I guess that speaks volumes about the burgers - they really were tasty 😊

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List