Notices

Old 22 May 22, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post

First Princess Trip! UPDATE

Well I’ve pestered the experts on the DLP forum so much I thought it’s time to repay the favour!

We are taking our son, DIL and DGD to Disneyland Paris on May 28 th and I am so excited as I have wanted to take DGD to Disney since the day she was born and luckily for me she is Princess mad!

I always thought our first trip with her would be to Florida, but her mummy wants to wait a couple of years for that so I managed to persuade her to agree to a trip to DLP. ( sorry this is gonna be long!)

We have been going to Florida for almost 30 years with our son but the last twenty years or so just the two of us mostly, and often twice a year when it’s just been us two.

We went to DLP about 14 years ago with another family and had really bad experiences, on top of which we compared everything unfavourably with Florida( which I know was a mistake) and we vowed we would never return.

Anyways, here we are going again! I’m a control freak ( you would never guess!) and I get stressed if I don’t feel like everything is organised.

Me and DH are both retired ( me 5 years ago, DH 4 years ago) and our current full time job is providing childcare for our beautiful grandaughter.

Anyway here is the cast

Me

DH

Lovley son and DIL

And of course the Princess herself.

Edited at 11:24 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post

So what with Air France cancelling our first flights then the UEFA cup final being moved to Paris we have had to change a few things since initially booking.

We were going to have a night in Paris on May 28 th ( DIL wanted to take DGD up Eiffel Tower) so we booked Disney hotel for five nights from May 29 th and a night in Paris on 28 th. Then they changed the cup final from Russia to Paris and didn’t fancy being in Paris that day!

We had initially booked NPB then I seen a few reports about poor housekeeping and strikes, so decided to go for Art of Marvel with it being newer ( thanks ScoopsAhoy!)

Well after we found out about the football final, we decided just to book the extra night on the 28 th at Disney and do a day trip to Paris. ( I’m not fussed on going at all, would rather spend the day in the parks!)

Was gonna be £1500 for the two rooms at Marvel for literally just a nights sleep, so booked Sequoia Lodge for the first night for half of that and will just move the next morning as it’s right next door.

Like everyone else, we feel we have missed out on the last few years holidays, we had Canada booked for our 40 th wedding anniversary in 2020 as well as our usual two weeks in Florida. Obviously that never happened, and we didn’t go last year so we are going to hopefully have two really good trips this year!

So we are flying from Newcastle with Air France on Saturday, transfer with the Disney shuttle, after much going and froing, first night at SL then Art of Marvel for five nights.

Have struggled to get dining booked, but got the much desired Auberge de Celendron and dinner at Plaza Gardens to meet the characters.

Also just booked Lion King for next Sunday and will likely book Mickey and the Magician. Seems to be lots of vlogs reporting the parks being really busy lately and I know DGD will struggle with long waits.

I am SO EXCITED to see the 30 th parade, me and DGD have been learning the words and dance, and I know exactly where I want to stand! Her Princess dresses are all packed, as well as my Disney tee shirts!

We will be having early mornings and afternoon naps ( that’s the plan anyways!) but on a serious note I know DGD will dictate the itinerary,

Anyways, that’s enough for now, if you’ve got this far well done! And thanks for reading!
Old 22 May 22, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post
Well I’ve pestered the experts on the DLP forum so much I thought it’s time to repay the favour!

We are taking our son, DIL and DGD to Disneyland Paris on May 28 th and I am so excited as I have wanted to take DGD to Disney since the day she was born and luckily for me she is Princess mad!

I always thought our first trip with her would be to Florida, but her mummy wants to wait a couple of years for that so I managed to persuade her to agree to a trip to DLP. ( sorry this is gonna be long!)

We have been going to Florida for almost 30 years with our son but the last twenty years or so just the two of us mostly, and often twice a year when it’s just been us two.

We went to DLP about 14 years ago with another family and had really bad experiences, on top of which we compared everything unfavourably with Florida( which I know was a mistake) and we vowed we would never return.

Anyways, here we are going again! I’m a control freak ( you would never guess!) and I get stressed if I don’t feel like everything is organised.

Me and DH are both retired ( me 5 years ago, DH 4 years ago) and our current full time job is providing childcare for our beautiful grandaughter.

Anyway here is the cast

Me

DH

Lovley son and DIL

And of course the Princess herself.
Awww, she’s a cutie
What an amazing trip
Have a wonderful holiday with the family ❤️😎
X

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Awww, she’s a cutie
What an amazing trip
Have a wonderful holiday with the family ❤️😎
X
Thanks Claire. I thought of you when I put the Dunkin Donuts pic on!

A girl after your own heart I thought!

Naughty daddy took her after nursery then wondered why she didn’t eat her tea!
Old 22 May 22, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
LauraE
Getting Excited

Hope you have an amazing time! I’ve just got back from taking my two year old little girl.

My one big tip for those with little ones who don’t like queuing is using the magic hour and also going back to rides after 6pm. Last Thursday, we managed all the rides she could go on in the studios between 6.15 and 7.45 (a couple of them twice), pretty much everything was a walk on! My little one didn’t cope well with the queues, especially in the heat of last week, so we did shows/parades/rest/food in the afternoons when it was very busy and hot.

ADC was amazing, the princesses were brilliant with all the little ones.

Have a fabulous trip
LauraE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Thanks Claire. I thought of you when I put the Dunkin Donuts pic on!

A girl after your own heart I thought!

Naughty daddy took her after nursery then wondered why she didn’t eat her tea!
It’s Krispy Kreme but who cares it’s a doughnut 🍩🙊🙊😂😂

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Ha ha not a donut connoisseur like you!
Old 23 May 22, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Your DGD will love Auberge, my DD loved it.
Old 24 May 22, 05:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bondy007 View Post
Your DGD will love Auberge, my DD loved it.
Aw what a lovley photo! Yes, we are really looking forward to it, though I will probably be blubbing the whole time!
Old 24 May 22, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Aw what a lovley photo! Yes, we are really looking forward to it, though I will probably be blubbing the whole time!
Thanks. I’m chief photographer so have stay focused, otherwise I would be too!