Notices

Old 26 May 22, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I find all city reviews have warnings of pick pockets and dodgy people and they always make me uneasy before we visit and I regret my decision to visit.

However we have visited New York, Ho Chi Minh in Vietnam and various other cities and have always felt they are safer than our local town (which really isn’t very safe and has a terrible reputation so maybe not the best comparison 😂 ) We stick to the tourist areas, and don’t flash expensive jewellery or cameras but I usually end up more worried about getting run over than any other dangers. We’re going to Athens this year, again it has a reputation for dodgy areas and pick pocketing which is worrying me beforehand, but hopefully as with all our other city trips we will love it once we are there.

We’re going into Paris for a day when we visit DLP later this year too so are interested in reading our your trip goes. I think we’ll take the RER train, which does stress me, but we’ll be vigilant but I know I’ll be relieved when we get off it. I’m going to price up your transfers for our trip though as it could be an option

Hope you have a great time NF xx
Thank you so much!
Looked at the RER train but seems you then have to transfer to Subway number 6 to get to the ET at a really busy station, and then we would have been coming back at rush hour.

I live in a fairly rural area, but it’s not that, it’s purely because of DGD , who will probably take it all in her stride! If it was just me and DH I wouldn’t give it a second thought!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
There are lots of the “lookey lookey men” but they’re not persistent or anything.
Personally if I didn’t have pre booked tickets then I wouldn’t even entertain it, the queues are mental and if it’s hot it won’t be pleasant.
I get what you mean, I certainly worry more than before I had children but they’ll be fine.
Oh no DDIL will be disappointed. I guess we will be able to visit it anyways and we are gonna do a little river cruise ( still lots of availability for that) and we will be able to do a bit of general sight seeing.
Old 26 May 22, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

I find all city reviews have warnings of pick pockets and dodgy people and they always make me uneasy before we visit and I regret my decision to visit.

However we have visited New York, Ho Chi Minh in Vietnam and various other cities and have always felt they are safer than our local town (which really isn’t very safe and has a terrible reputation so maybe not the best comparison 😂 ) We stick to the tourist areas, and don’t flash expensive jewellery or cameras but I usually end up more worried about getting run over than any other dangers. We’re going to Athens this year, again it has a reputation for dodgy areas and pick pocketing which is worrying me beforehand, but hopefully as with all our other city trips we will love it once we are there.

We’re going into Paris for a day when we visit DLP later this year too so are interested in reading our your trip goes. I think we’ll take the RER train, which does stress me, but we’ll be vigilant but I know I’ll be relieved when we get off it. I’m going to price up your transfers for our trip though as it could be an option

Hope you have a great time NF xx
The RER is easy peasy, definitely don’t worry about that.
We did have a guy trying to charge a euro as we got on the train to find a seat for us but we didn’t twig at first but definitely don’t pay him if he’s still there when you get the train from Disney, just wave him off.
Also you may get beggars with cards they hand out but either don’t take one or just put them on an empty seat and they’ll come back and collect them. They’re not aggressive or anything and we have had similar on trains over here so knew what they were.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post
Oh no DDIL will be disappointed. I guess we will be able to visit it anyways and we are gonna do a little river cruise ( still lots of availability for that) and we will be able to do a bit of general sight seeing.
Just go early and they’ll probably be ok 👍🏻
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post

Managed to get them level 2 tickets which they are happy with.
Old 26 May 22, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
mr-paul
slightly serious Dibber

Would echo that the RER is perfectly easy and safe, but if getting a transfer helps your peace of mind, that's fair enough

Good that the doctor has given her the all clear. France has so many pharmacies, other than in DLP itself, but hopefully they won't be needed!
mr-paul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post
Thank you so much!
Looked at the RER train but seems you then have to transfer to Subway number 6 to get to the ET at a really busy station, and then we would have been coming back at rush hour.

I live in a fairly rural area, but it’s not that, it’s purely because of DGD , who will probably take it all in her stride! If it was just me and DH I wouldn’t give it a second thought!
We live rurally so find cities daunting, but then as we get used to them, I enjoy it as it’s so incredibly different for my home. Im sure your DGD will love it and feel very safe with all of you there 💞

I’ve not looked into the RER in detail yet but I think it’s possible to get the RER into central Paris and then walk to the Eiffel Tower instead of changing which could be a better option

Edited at 12:37 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

The RER is easy peasy, definitely don’t worry about that.
We did have a guy trying to charge a euro as we got on the train to find a seat for us but we didn’t twig at first but definitely don’t pay him if he’s still there when you get the train from Disney, just wave him off.
Also you may get beggars with cards they hand out but either don’t take one or just put them on an empty seat and they’ll come back and collect them. They’re not aggressive or anything and we have had similar on trains over here so knew what they were.
Thank you, we’ll be aware of those now and keep a watch out. I think it’s similar in all major cities around train stations, just need to be alert (not my strong point 😂 )

Am I right in thinking we can just get the RER into central Paris and walk to the Eiffel Tower, or would we need to change trains?
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Thank you, we’ll be aware of those now and keep a watch out. I think it’s similar in all major cities around train stations, just need to be alert (not my strong point 😂 )

Am I right in thinking we can just get the RER into central Paris and walk to the Eiffel Tower, or would we need to change trains?
You can.
If you get off at Charles de Gaulle Etoile it’s then a 30 minute walk.
We got the rer to Paris then the subway to the catacombs as was too far to walk
(All still very easy) and then walked from there to Notre Dame and then along the river to the Eiffel tower, was long but a pleasant stroll along the river.

Edited at 12:40 PM.
Old 26 May 22, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

You can but not too sure how long the walk is as we got the rer to Paris then the subway to the catacombs as was too far to walk
(All still very easy) and then walked from there to Notre Dame and then along the river to the Eiffel tower, was long but a pleasant stroll along the river.
We’re hoping to see the Louvre, Notre Dame, Champs Elysee and Eiffel Tower, so if it’s all possible we’ll try and work a route around that nearer the date.

Sorry NF, didn’t mean to highjack the thread 😀 I’m pleased to hear DGD is feeling well and I hope you enjoy your trip, including Paris. I’m looking forward to hearing about it all when you get back