Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 9 Aug 22, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
You need to check with the provider as to whether spouse is free or not as it depends on the agreement that the agent has with Alamo.
No, it’s a standard alamo (and most/all of the big guns) policy. You get it wherever you book.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
No, it’s a standard alamo (and most/all of the big guns) policy. You get it wherever you book.
Are you sure - see https://DIBB.in/15516386

Edited at 03:18 PM.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Are you sure - see https://DIBB.in/15516386
Yep, I’m sure.

Hertz you have to be signed up with their (free) club, which you can show at pick up if you’ve not been able to link it to your account.
Alamo you don’t need to do anything. Nor budget/Avis who I used in March.

Edited at 03:50 PM.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
Yep, I’m sure.

Hertz you have to be signed up with their (free) club, which you can show at pick up if you’ve not been able to link it to your account.
Alamo you don’t need to do anything. Nor budget/Avis who I used in March.
So is the link I posted wrong as I believe Andy is saying it depends on the website? Unless I have mis-interpreted this post.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

So is the link I posted wrong as I believe Andy is saying it depends on the website? Unless I have mis-interpreted this post.
It’s Andy, so it’s right. You’re just Mis-interpreting what he’s saying.

I’ve tried to explain for alamo/hertz/budget/avis.
Old 11 Aug 22, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ExplorerRuss
Earning More Ears

After reading this thread I decided to check the prices on Discount Florida Car Hire after people recommending it, and low and behold I can currently get a much better deal.

The only thing that holds me back straight away is the car seat, there is an option to add a car seat but not the specific age/weight range. Also if booking with Alamo then it seems to go through the quick pick up process, how do i get the seat? Is there just loads of them hanging around or do i have pick them up? Does anyone know, have you done this before?

My main worry is turning up and not having a suitable seat, my daughter is 2 so no seat is not an option.
ExplorerRuss is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
garryboy11
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ExplorerRuss View Post
After reading this thread I decided to check the prices on Discount Florida Car Hire after people recommending it, and low and behold I can currently get a much better deal.

The only thing that holds me back straight away is the car seat, there is an option to add a car seat but not the specific age/weight range. Also if booking with Alamo then it seems to go through the quick pick up process, how do i get the seat? Is there just loads of them hanging around or do i have pick them up? Does anyone know, have you done this before?

My main worry is turning up and not having a suitable seat, my daughter is 2 so no seat is not an option.
Are you picking up from MCO? If so I would t worry too much as they will have a large selection you can choose from.
garryboy11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
ExplorerRuss
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by garryboy11 View Post
Are you picking up from MCO? If so I would t worry too much as they will have a large selection you can choose from.
Yes I am. Is there just a big rack of them to chose from then?
ExplorerRuss is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
garryboy11
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ExplorerRuss View Post
Yes I am. Is there just a big rack of them to chose from then?
It’s been a few years since I had to use one, but from memory they had a big pile of them out in the garage and the staff help you find the one that’s right.
garryboy11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
NiPsTeR
Excited about Disney

Car seat

Don’t let a car seat put you off as said above lots to choose from and all freshly cleaned and bagged awaiting for you on arrival at MCO.
Holiday of a lifetime - 2005,2006,2008,2009,2010,2011,2012..Honeymoon in 2013!, 2014, 2015, 2016, Christmas Time 2017, Apr 2018, Oct 2018, May 2022, April 2023, Soon be there in April 2024, Back in July 2024!
NiPsTeR is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List