Old 28 May 22, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

We Love Food - Day 8 - Fri 20th May 2022 - Denny's, Culver's, Lins Asian Bistro

We Love Food - An offsite dining report - May 2022

Day 8 - Friday 20th May 2022

Denny’s, Culver’s & Lin's Asian Bistro

We had a loose plan to go to Kennedy Space Center today, but the forecast was for rain so we decided to go to the Premium Outlets at Vineland instead. En-route we stopped at Denny’s on the US192 for breakfast. This one was near the turn off for International Drive.

Denny’s US192 (near Int. Drive turn off)

It looked quite busy in here, but there were still plenty of empty tables and we were seated with no problems. We ordered coffee and looked at the menu.

I love the slogans on Denny’s coffee mugs!

We both went with pancake breakfasts today:
Neil - Double Berry Banana Pancake Breakfast (buttermilk pancakes cooked with blueberries and topped with fresh seasonal berries and bananas). These pancake breakfasts also come with a cooked meal of bacon or sausage, hashbrown and eggs.

He was a little disappointed that he got glazed strawberries instead of fresh on his pancakes, but other than that this breakfast was very much enjoyed.

Me - Choconana Pancake Breakfast (Ghirardelli chocolate chips cooked inside buttermilk pancakes and topped with bananas and more Ghirardelli chocolate chips).

The pancakes here at Denny’s are my favourite, and they were really good, as was the cooked breakfast. I'm not convinced there were as many choc chips and banana slices this time, compared to 2 years ago, but they were lovely anyway. We both chose the bacon, so only one pic.

The bill came to $25.54 + tip, but we had a coupon for 15% off so we paid $20.05 + tip.

We spent the next few hours at the shopping mall, but didn’t buy anything, food or otherwise! We decided to stop at Culver’s on the US192 on our way back to the villa as this was somewhere Neil really enjoyed on our last trip.

Culver’s, US192

This is basically a fast food place, where you order at the counter then they bring the food to your table. When we went in we spent quite a few minutes looking at the menu board above the counter and in the end Neil chose the Deluxe Bacon burger meal which came with fries and a soft drink (coke) and I had the Single Deluxe Burger and added a Sprite.

More slogan cups…

Neil loves the burgers here, and really enjoyed this… I wasn’t all that hungry after breakfast, which is why I only had the single burger which was tasty but still just a fast food burger! I find it hard to see why Neil raves about these. We paid around $19 (we think) for this (sorry, can’t find receipt).

Lin's Asian Bistro, Loughman Crossing

It was a rainy afternoon, and even after it cleared up we couldn’t be bothered getting ready to go out for dinner. We decided instead to get a takeaway from Lin's Asian Bistro which was just 5 minutes up the road from us at Loughman Crossing. This place has a nice little eat-in area as well.

We ordered Chicken Chow Mein for Neil, and Bourbon Chicken for me, both came with white rice.

We only waited about 15 minutes for our meal, then we headed home to eat out under the lanai. The Bourbon Chicken was very tasty, but a bit tough (overcooked maybe). The Chow Mein was unlike any we’ve had in the UK. Neil said it was a bit bland, but ok. The portions were huge and we only managed to eat about half. We paid $24.61.

Total food/drinks spend today $63.66 (approx)

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We’ve a Culvers at the bottom of the street going into the villa it’s now our first night go to
E it’s a chicken burger but if we both arrive at the same time it’s a fish platter we share it
Just minor gripes ours won’t take anything over a $20 bill and the ice te isn’t iced
It’s the fact Bly 1 fast food meal we eat apart from our days at Busch
Have you tried Cheaddars Scratch kitchen yet All illl say is we were pleasantly surprised our first visit but it’s now a if we got the family a go to if shopping at the loop
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 22, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Denny’s pancakes are my favourite too💕💕
Thick fluffy & sweet 😋😋
Never been Culvers looked nice 🤩

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 22, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
MarionG
Imagineer

We have had chicken chow mein over there (not at the place you went to) and find it different to what it is here..
Those pancakes sure look yummy, I want some now...
MarionG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 22, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Great breakfast Lynda , I’m with Neil the tinned strawberries are not great , my favourite is when they do the peach topping otherwise I stick to good old buttermilk with butter
I’m not a big burger eater ( unless it’s a Five Guys ) but it’s nice to try something other than McDonald’s
We love Chinese and have also never seen chow mien like that before, don’t thick we will be trying that !
Thanks xx
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 22, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The chow mein doesn't look very appetizing as it's so pale a bit of a shame for Neil today after his tinned strawberries. You fared better with the choco banana pancakes and the bourbon chicken, this looked a little dry but at least it looked like it had some flavour to it.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 22, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
We’ve a Culvers at the bottom of the street going into the villa it’s now our first night go to
E it’s a chicken burger but if we both arrive at the same time it’s a fish platter we share it
Just minor gripes ours won’t take anything over a $20 bill and the ice te isn’t iced
It’s the fact Bly 1 fast food meal we eat apart from our days at Busch
Have you tried Cheaddars Scratch kitchen yet All illl say is we were pleasantly surprised our first visit but it’s now a if we got the family a go to if shopping at the loop
Culvers sounds like a good first night option - might well consider that for next time. We didn't try Cheddar's this time, but we did on our last trip. I enjoyed it, but hubby not so much but I'll maybe manage to convince him to try it on our next trip.

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Denny’s pancakes are my favourite too💕💕
Thick fluffy & sweet 😋😋
Never been Culvers looked nice 🤩
Denny's definitely have the best pancakes - no doubt there! Culvers is a nice option for a fast food burger, probably a bit fresher then McDonalds.

Originally Posted by MarionG View Post
We have had chicken chow mein over there (not at the place you went to) and find it different to what it is here..
Those pancakes sure look yummy, I want some now...
I could quite easily eat some pancakes now too

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Great breakfast Lynda , I’m with Neil the tinned strawberries are not great , my favourite is when they do the peach topping otherwise I stick to good old buttermilk with butter
I’m not a big burger eater ( unless it’s a Five Guys ) but it’s nice to try something other than McDonald’s
We love Chinese and have also never seen chow mien like that before, don’t thick we will be trying that !
Thanks xx
I don't think we've ever had the peach topping. Is it tinned or fresh?

Apparently the chow mein tasted ok, if a touch bland, it just looked a bit weird.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
The chow mein doesn't look very appetizing as it's so pale a bit of a shame for Neil today after his tinned strawberries. You fared better with the choco banana pancakes and the bourbon chicken, this looked a little dry but at least it looked like it had some flavour to it.
It was very pale - the chicken was boiled I think . I definitely did better food-wise today.

Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 22, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
They were fresh peaches Lynda, and delicious 😋
I was reminded of them as Paul had ordered the strawberry ones and like Neil wasn’t over keen with the fact they weren’t fresh , he kept saying he should of ordered the peach like me
Xx
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 22, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
They were fresh peaches Lynda, and delicious 😋
I was reminded of them as Paul had ordered the strawberry ones and like Neil wasn’t over keen with the fact they weren’t fresh , he kept saying he should of ordered the peach like me
Xx
We definitely need to remember that for next time. Thanks Emma

Old 4 Jun 22, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Breakfast looks really good again. Not at all sure about that dinner, it just didn’t look right x

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List