Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 17 Jun 22, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Addinuff
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

August WDW Family Trip

Hi all - thanks for all the tips - been researching for last few weeks and I've come up with this exhausting but hopefully memorable "once in a lifetime" trip for my little family (me, wife 13yo and 8yo) - just keen to get feedback and anything I should also be considering

30-Jul-22 Arrive - Disney Dolphin & Pool
31-Jul-22 Magic Kingdom Park
31-Jul-22 The Crystal Palace
01-Aug-22 Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
01-Aug-22 Rainforest Café
02-Aug-22 Disney's Hollywood Studios
03-Aug-22 Universal Studios
04-Aug-22 Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park or Volcano Bay
05-Aug-22 Epcot
06-Aug-22 Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
07-Aug-22 Disney's Hollywood Studios
07-Aug-22 Disney's Hollywood Studios - Savis Workshop
07-Aug-22 Disney's Hollywood Studios - Oga's Cantina
08-Aug-22 Kennedy Space Center
09-Aug-22 Universal - Islands of Adventure
10-Aug-22 Rest Day / Shopping / Downtown Orlando
11-Aug-22 Busch Gardens
12-Aug-22 Magic Kingdom Park
12-Aug-22 Magic Kingdom Park - The Plaza Restaurant
12-Aug-22 Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
13-Aug-22 Pool / Travel Home

Thanks in advance! Oh and we've not told the kids, we want to surprise them, thinking of personalised tickets and ears etc... anyone got any good ideas on how? and when!
Addinuff is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 22, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

I think it looks like a hectic itinerary, your going in the height of summer and with two young children I’d definitely look into more rest time as they will tire easily and you dont want any meltdowns, if you look on places like Etsy and red bubble you will find sellers who do ear’s etcs
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

Are you planning full days ? Are your ADRs lunch or dinner ?

I only see one Epcot day, you need a park reservation to attempt a Cosmic Rewind VL and the world showcase is lovely to wander around.

Your 12 August day looks long. Are you planning a full day and party ?

If this is just your park plan but park days are half days, or dip in and out days and you are still planning on lots of pool time it may be manageable.
Only you know your family.
You probably don't need reminding that it's going to be boiling hot but .. it's going to be boiling.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

On paper it looks very jam packed but if it’s mornings or afternoons and having a rest / pool time as and when then I think it’s perfectly doable.
I’d probably drop Busch if it was me personally as there’s plenty to do without travelling out.
Also we’ll see you on the 12th as we are at MNSSHP too 😄

Edited at 08:54 AM.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

We’re also at MNSSHP on 12th 😀

We’ve only been to Florida once before, so no experts, but based on comments people have made before and on other threads, I’d suggest the following:

As ScoopsAhoy said, drop Busch, or maybe KSC, if you haven’t already bought tickets. Appreciate that may be a tough choice if it’s likely to be your only trip, is your 8yo big enough for all the rides at BG?

Have 3rd Aug as a rest day

Move US to 10th and stay the night of 9th at one of the universal hotels for free express pass, which should help you get round both parks quicker. People mention using tesco vouchers and booking through hotels.com but I’ve not looked into that, someone else may have more info.

Move your rest/shopping day forward to 8th

As others said, it also depends on whether your days were full days or you’d already planned half days with pool breaks
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Addinuff

Originally Posted by Orlandoguy View Post
I think it looks like a hectic itinerary, your going in the height of summer and with two young children I’d definitely look into more rest time as they will tire easily and you dont want any meltdowns, if you look on places like Etsy and red bubble you will find sellers who do ear’s etcs
Got some personalised ears thanks 🙏 also I doubt we will be at rope drop or late night
Addinuff is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Addinuff

Originally Posted by minnie moomoo View Post
Are you planning full days ? Are your ADRs lunch or dinner ?

I only see one Epcot day, you need a park reservation to attempt a Cosmic Rewind VL and the world showcase is lovely to wander around.

Your 12 August day looks long. Are you planning a full day and party ?

If this is just your park plan but park days are half days, or dip in and out days and you are still planning on lots of pool time it may be manageable.
Only you know your family.
You probably don't need reminding that it's going to be boiling hot but .. it's going to be boiling.
ADRs are dinner. To be honest we’re not fussy eaters only booked them so we can get something to eat whilst we work it all out 😂 there used to being in theme parks all day but was going to dip in and out, as we’re at dolphin we can walk to Epcot in park hop?
Old 19 Jun 22, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Addinuff

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
On paper it looks very jam packed but if it’s mornings or afternoons and having a rest / pool time as and when then I think it’s perfectly doable.
I’d probably drop Busch if it was me personally as there’s plenty to do without travelling out.
Also we’ll see you on the 12th as we are at MNSSHP too 😄
We bought busch tickets already and for that day but yeah looking forward to the last day! Will be a right send off
Old 19 Jun 22, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Addinuff

Originally Posted by SuziQz View Post
We’re also at MNSSHP on 12th 😀

We’ve only been to Florida once before, so no experts, but based on comments people have made before and on other threads, I’d suggest the following:

As ScoopsAhoy said, drop Busch, or maybe KSC, if you haven’t already bought tickets. Appreciate that may be a tough choice if it’s likely to be your only trip, is your 8yo big enough for all the rides at BG?

Have 3rd Aug as a rest day

Move US to 10th and stay the night of 9th at one of the universal hotels for free express pass, which should help you get round both parks quicker. People mention using tesco vouchers and booking through hotels.com but I’ve not looked into that, someone else may have more info.

Move your rest/shopping day forward to 8th

As others said, it also depends on whether your days were full days or you’d already planned half days with pool breaks
Seeya there too! But I really want to cram in as much as possible as it took me 6 years to convince the missus to go, and I doubt we will be able to afford to go again so they will just have to suck it up 😂 but if we get tired we’re on-site so can bail out early and KSC is my dad treat for me 👍