Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 20 Jun 22, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Upgrade to Universal Annual pass

Hi
Has anyone who has been out recently upgraded their 3 park 14 day universal pass to an annual pass, I just need the basic one as next time I go is low season with no blackout dates.
Wondering cost and where best to do this
Thanks 😀 Starting to believe I will get to go this time 😂

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

We did in April and it worked out £106 each. We just done it on city walk.

Edited at 09:05 AM.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
keygrip
I want to go now!

I was also wondering about buying annual passes for the first time when I go in September, hoping to make lots of visits over the next 12 months to make up for lost time

A couple of questions that I would appreciate some help with.

Is it easier to upgrade a pre purchased 14 day, 3 park ticket, I usually purchase mine from AttractionTickets.com? or to order the annual pass online from Universal before we depart to collect on arrival at Universal?

Also where do you go to upgrade your existing tickets on City Walk and where would you collect an annual pass if you ordered it online from Universal?

Thanks
keygrip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
baz
Getting Excited

baz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by keygrip View Post
I was also wondering about buying annual passes for the first time when I go in September, hoping to make lots of visits over the next 12 months to make up for lost time

A couple of questions that I would appreciate some help with.

Is it easier to upgrade a pre purchased 14 day, 3 park ticket, I usually purchase mine from AttractionTickets.com? or to order the annual pass online from Universal before we depart to collect on arrival at Universal?

Also where do you go to upgrade your existing tickets on City Walk and where would you collect an annual pass if you ordered it online from Universal?

Thanks
Curious about this also and wondering if it works out cheaper exchanging the 14 day ticket and adding $ for the annual pass to just purchasing the AP direct.
baz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

We did it because we went in April which would of been blockout dates- over Easter. Just changed it when blockout dates had finished to use in February.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Loosecannon
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by baz View Post
Curious about this also and wondering if it works out cheaper exchanging the 14 day ticket and adding $ for the annual pass to just purchasing the AP direct.
We want to know the same... going in October this year, then in summer next.
Seems to be very little information as to actual prices in terms of upgrades (and levels you can upgrade to).
Loosecannon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ambergambler
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Also curious why people but 14 day then upgrade instead of buying initially.
We have 6 days universal then 3 days at the end of our holiday- for HHN but AP works out cheaper than 2 lots of tickets.
ambergambler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ambergambler View Post
Also curious why people but 14 day then upgrade instead of buying initially.
We have 6 days universal then 3 days at the end of our holiday- for HHN but AP works out cheaper than 2 lots of tickets.
I just posted a few posts up why we did it.
We went at Easter which would of been blackout dates so we wouldn’t of been able to get in. So by buying the 14 day tickets we used them over Easter then when blackout dates had finished upgraded to seasonal passes to use again in February. Hope that makes sense and explains why some people upgrade rather than buying outright. If we were going only when there were no blackout dates I would just buy annual passes.
Old 1 Jul 22, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

When I bought my universal tickets my planned trips were more than a year between them. I have moved this one so many times due to Covid restrictions there is now just 8 months between trips so hoping an annual pass is a cheaper option

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loosecannon View Post
We want to know the same... going in October this year, then in summer next.
Seems to be very little information as to actual prices in terms of upgrades (and levels you can upgrade to).
You can upgrade to any of the annual passes.

The general upgrade price will be the difference between the annual pass you’re buying and the ticket you’re upgrading. They give a generic price for your U.K. tickets, but it will be around what you paid unless you got a crazy deal and then you’re quids in.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List