Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 21 Jun 22, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer

This is a good website showing what is near to the ports and transport options. whatsinport/[/QUOTE]

Really helpful- Thanks for sharing.
Old 23 Jun 22, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Out of your ports Palma is the one I am most familiar with. It's super easy to do on your own, you can just get off and walk around the city. It's also fairly easy to get the bus to Palma Nova beach area if you wanted to.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 22, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

we have just booked the same cruse for 30th april. I am so excited as its my first one!
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 22, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by sparklegirl View Post
we have just booked the same cruse for 30th april. I am so excited as its my first one!
Just to make people aware (if not already), currently some decent offers on the drinks packages for sailings through end of May 2023.

Current offer ends tmrw Wednesday 20th July (sure there are then plenty more)...

Old 19 Jul 22, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by bronny View Post
We are departing Barcelona so will spend a few days there pre cruise, then Palma, Marseilles, La Spezia, Civitavecchia and Naples. I would like to visit Pompeii and ideally Florence if affordable. I was hoping to hop the train from Marseille to Aix en Provence and would also like to do Rome on our own as we don’t want a tour.
Just off a cruise that went to Naples. We took at taxi to Pompeii. Just to note when you get out of the port there are some very very aggressive taxi drivers who will try to get you into their cabs. They are complete liars and will quote you double the price for a cab when you say no they start swearing at you, not a pleasant experience.

Once past them you will face a 2nd group who will offer a more reasonable price of €100 for return tip with a 2 hour window where they will wait for you. We took this option, every driver we talked to only offered this. The actual cab fare is around 36€ each way according to many sites, however good luck getting a cab for this price.

The area around Naples dock is a dirty filthy dive so unless you are getting at taxi somewhere else don't bother even getting off.

Old 19 Jul 22, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Just to make people aware (if not already), currently some decent offers on the drinks packages for sailings through end of May 2023.

Current offer ends tmrw Wednesday 20th July (sure there are then plenty more)...

I am not sailing until sept 2023 and the drinks packages are really expensive, what deals are you getting for your dates?
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 22, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
I am not sailing until sept 2023 and the drinks packages are really expensive, what deals are you getting for your dates?
Prices range from around 25%-40% off on-board prices (apparently).

So Deluxe drinks package is GB£ 66.44 pppn instead of GB£ 88.59.

Refreshment package is GB£ 23.69 pppn instead of GB£ 33.84.

Classic Soda is GB£ 9.40 pppn instead of GB£ 13.44.

Packs of water of 40% off cruise price.

Hope this helps!
Old 19 Jul 22, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Originally Posted by jas72 View Post
Just off a cruise that went to Naples. We took at taxi to Pompeii. Just to note when you get out of the port there are some very very aggressive taxi drivers who will try to get you into their cabs. They are complete liars and will quote you double the price for a cab when you say no they start swearing at you, not a pleasant experience.

Once past them you will face a 2nd group who will offer a more reasonable price of €100 for return tip with a 2 hour window where they will wait for you. We took this option, every driver we talked to only offered this. The actual cab fare is around 36€ each way according to many sites, however good luck getting a cab for this price.

The area around Naples dock is a dirty filthy dive so unless you are getting at taxi somewhere else don't bother even getting off.
Thanks for the info about Naples.

Did you do the 7 night West Med cruise departing Barcelona?

If so, do you have any information about the excursions please?

Whilst I don't mind doing things on my own (and we would if it was just the 2 of us), with 2 young children I am wanting to utilise the excursions and have everything planned instead of facing the cabs or public transport to get to some of the places!

Thanks in advance.
Old 19 Jul 22, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the info about Naples.

Did you do the 7 night West Med cruise departing Barcelona?

If so, do you have any information about the excursions please?

Whilst I don't mind doing things on my own (and we would if it was just the 2 of us), with 2 young children I am wanting to utilise the excursions and have everything planned instead of facing the cabs or public transport to get to some of the places!

Thanks in advance.
I travel mainly solo and I pay for cruise excursions for safety, getting back to the ship etc and- as said above the drivers in Naples are lunatics.
Old 19 Jul 22, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Prices range from around 25%-40% off on-board prices (apparently).

So Deluxe drinks package is GB£ 66.44 pppn instead of GB£ 88.59.

Refreshment package is GB£ 23.69 pppn instead of GB£ 33.84.

Classic Soda is GB£ 9.40 pppn instead of GB£ 13.44.

Packs of water of 40% off cruise price.

Hope this helps!
I think I can get the soda package for around that price now but the deluxe is £70 per day. The refreshment is cheaper though so will hang on and look at that. Thanks!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List