Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 8 Jul 22, 01:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Not a great start

Booked a fully accessable 2 bedroom dedicated last august at SSR

Eventually got room number to find it was top floor and bath 😱😧 no roll in shower and not assessable

Drove to front desk to be told no other rooms in resort and there is nothing they can do 😡 asked the manager and they have put us in a one bedroom at the moment until Saturday where one is coming back into inventory check out 10 check in 4 eh no way
Ended up in the springs

Saratoska is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 22, 03:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

So sorry to read of your not a great start!

What must be so disappointing is that the accessible room you reserved wasn't just a request that we are always reminded, is not guaranteed, but actually a booking category, that I thought was more guaranteed than say a booking category of a standard over a preferred view that requires more points.

On this DVC web page disneyvacationclub.disney.go...s#disabilities the link to 'Learn details about Walt Disney World Resort services for Guest with disabilities' at disneyvacationclub.disney.go...s#disabilities isn't working for me, states 'Someone Ate the Page"

Did the manager state that your accessible room you reserved was unexpectedly taken out of service due to a last minute maintenance issue, if not and it's more of a case of incompetence then worth reading the following at adata/factsheet/accessible-lodging where it states "When a reservation is made for an accessible guest room, the specific accessible guest room reserved must be held for the reserving customer and the room must be removed from the reservation system'

Hopefully DVC has to follow that requirement and if so it's worth following up with the manager on why that never happened.

At a minimum I would hope all your points are returned for the nights that you're not in the room category that you had reserved.

Good luck and hope you have a wonderful holiday!
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 22, 05:50 AM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
That’s awful service. I hope your get it sorted. The advice above looks great.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 22, 06:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Ali. I am so sorry to hear of the total balls up they have made with your reservation. I know how much you need that particular type of room and lets be honest it's not hard to get it right when there are only 4 such rooms in SSR.

Be firm and lay out your requirements which are an overlap of 1 day to move rooms and the return of your Points that have been expended for a room that wasn't forthcoming. Those points not to be put in holding but to be banked to next year. They can do it even though they don't like to.

They can overlap rooms when you move as they did it with us circa 5 years ago when they wanted to tarmac the car park and forgot to tell us on check in. I refused to check out at 11.00am and wait until 4.00pm for the next room so we ended up with 2 rooms over a 24 hour period. Tell them, don't ask. Best of luck.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 22, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Found the following from a google search of - "My accessible room i reserved wasn't available at check in usa"

wheelchairtravel/hotels/...-reservations/

It's been laid out in layman's term with a link to the legal text.

Worth noting item 5.
Guarantee that the customer receives the specific accessible guest room or guest room type he/she reserved. This covers bed type, number of beds, bathroom fixtures, etc.

And further down...
What happens when a hotel cannot honor my accessible room reservation?

If the accessible room you reserved is not available, for whatever reason, the hotel should move you (at their cost) to a nearby property that can provide a room to meet your needs. Accessible room reservations are for exactly what you reserved (bathroom fixtures, bed size and number of beds). You should not accept anything less than what you reserved.

There's also an informative link to
Learn how to protect yourself against ADA violations like the ones mentioned here, read the article on resolving ADA disputes. at wheelchairtravel/hotels/...nt-resolution/

On that page it indicates that giving your ADA room to someone else is a major violation and also how to complain.

Hope some of that it helpful and all the very best!
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 22, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Thats awful,im so sorry to hear that. Seems some good advice already,i hope you get it sorted asap,just not on.The 2 rooms for 24 hours sounds like a good idea,no way you should be left with no room during the day whilst you swap.
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 22, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Ali. If it helps you the General manager of SSR is Jeff Korte.

Always good to have a name. If you need his E Mail let me know.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 22, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Yep I’d threaten legal action, totally unacceptable.
Old 8 Jul 22, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

That is really awful Ali. I hope they do the right thing and sort it for you today.
Old 8 Jul 22, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Hope you get it sorted - really disappointing that over the whole of Disney property they couldn't find you another one.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List