Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 11 Jul 22, 06:00 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile Scottishnellies Mediterranean Cruise. Day 2 - Valencia

I woke up at half ten with my hairpiece and Kirby grips still in, my makeup still on and wondering why my eyes felt so jaggy. Once I’d peeled my contact lenses off my red raw eyeballs, I found my Advil, drank a big glass of water, scrubbed my face and crawled back into bed.

We had docked in Valencia. Thank goodness we had decided we weren’t getting off the ship today since I couldn’t even get up. Our side of the ship was looking out to sea.

Kevin got up and went for lunch at 12 leaving me with a huge bottle of water ‘to be drank by the time I get back’, sticking the Do Not Disturb on the door. He’s been roaring and laughing at me about last night but said it was a brilliant night. He had taken a wee video of me directing everybody into the club and the 2 of us were in knots watching it!

While he was away Hiros, our room attendant, phoned to ask if I wanted him to clean the room before his morning shift finished or would I rather he waited til evening. Err - evening please!

After Kevin got back from lunch I showered, suncreamed up and got ready. We stopped in at the buffet and I had a baked potato with tuna, then we went to the ice cream bar for a couple of scoops. The ice cream is yummy here and it’s a lovely wee place to sit. I filmed along the donut station which has about 20 different kinds of donut and sent it to Kieran who was very impressed.

Then out to the pool. It was so hot today - 30 degrees and there was no breeze so I was melting. I was in and out of the pool to cool down all afternoon. They came round handing out lemon sorbet which was so refreshing.

I just kept drinking water and juice too. Then I went back in the cafe air con to cool down. Just as I was thinking I might need to go for a lie down Kevin appeared to say he fancied going for a nap. So we went back to the cabin for a while.

At 5 we got back up, Kevin had a burger from the wee fast food but beside the pool.

I had a Turkey burger which was the nicest of the 2. Then we sat in the sun again til 6:30 and when we left it was still roasting.

I passed Hiros on the way back to the room and because I was so hot my face was skelping. He was so funny. ‘Oh Miss Helen you are too red. Oh no you have to be careful of our sun. Can I get you water? You need anything?’ He wouldn’t be calmed that my face would die down once I cooled down!

When we got back to the room Hiros had been in and cleaned, closed the curtains, put the bedside lights on, turned down the bed and left chocolates. It was so cosy I could just have crawled back into bed right then.

I resisted and got ready instead. While I was drying my hair we started sailing away so once I finished I sat out on the balcony with Kevin for a while and we just watched the world go past.

Once ready we headed for our 8pm reservation at Cyprus restaurant.

I had a crab cake starter which was nice enough, but I compare every crab cake to those from Starfish on Anna Maria Island of course. Never going to be as nice as those let’s face it.

Kevin had the melted cheese starter which he loved

I had the sea bass (nice enough)

Kevin had the Steak Diane which he asked for medium. It was more like medium rare but he absolutely loved it and said it just melted in the mouth. He said he doesn’t care what else is on the menu - he might just have steak every night now.

Then I had coconut sorbet and Kevin had apple crumble which again he loved. He was a very happy man.

After dinner we went up to try out the rooftop garden bar. It was very pretty and slightly warmer than the aircon inside so I was happy as I was feeling a bit cold. I think it’s because I’m quite tired tonight. They were playing chilled sunset Ibiza type music so it was lovely.

We got a couple of drinks and just sank into the soft seats and relaxed..

not long after they started playing the new Batman film on the big screen so we watched that for a while.

Then we strolled back along the deck past the pool all looking pretty

We came across the silent disco so popped in to have a go. Great fun but not what we wanted for tonight so we didn’t stay long.

Then to the coffee shop above the martini bar as I fancied a cup of tea before bed. It’s great coz you can sit in any of the big comfy seats up here and still enjoy the band and watch the dancing. People watching heaven. I had my tea n a slice of chocolate mousse cake and it just hit the spot.

And I must admit the live bands are brilliant. She was singing everything from Abba to highway to hell. Kevin got himself a beer and an espresso martini.

We took a mirror selfie on the way back and I looked well windswept having been up on deck!

and off for an early night at 11:30. Totally different night to last night with this being very chilled and laid back. But every single bit as fabulous to us. Night night.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 22, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
What a great, relaxing day!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 22, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

As my husband always says to me ‘last nights ball of fire, this mornings puff of smoke’! You recovered well Helen!
Oh those donuts! 😍😍😍yummy. How do you resist that every day?

The ship looks beautiful at night all lit up.
Silent disco was our favourite thing on Reflection, we loved it!
So much fun. Glad you had a nice chilled out day xx

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 22, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

Looking forward to more, love the food and drinks pics.
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 22, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Helen you did well to recover from your first night , the miracle that is Advil 😂
It’s a shame you didn’t get off for a mooch around Valencia, our son did his Erasmus for uni there and had a lovely visit back in 2018
Your evening meal looked lovely and to end the day with a cuppa is the best
Xx
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 22, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Glad you feel better after your lie in & marathon drinking session last night🤮🤢🙈, very pretty in your dress 🥰
Food looked so good again
Donuts Mmmmm 🙊😋😋😋
And chocolate cake too lucky you 😊😄☺️
That rooftop bar looked so lovely at night
Enjoy x

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 22, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Laughing at Hiros taking care of you . Sounds like a nice chilled day is just what you needed! x
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 22, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Great day again. I'm with Kevin on the steak, I could eat it every night 😄. Love the chilled vibes of the rooftop garden.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 22, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

A chilled day, pleased you recovered to enjoy the afternoon
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 22, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
ducati211
Trainee Dibber

You must have been so happy everything went to plan on your travel day, with flights and getting to the ship on time etc, hope we are the same in a few weeks time...

Sounds like just what you both needed for the first night, to relax, de-stress and have a good knees up and your first day just to take it all in. Look forward to reading about rest of your trip
ducati211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List