Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 14 Jul 22, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Kwkiwi View Post
I am aware that if I make a booking close in, like August or Sept, then cancel, then it goes into holding doesn't it? I will lose those points if I don't do something anyway with them.
If you cancel within 30 days. We had a similar issue with our 2020 points, I picked dates (weekends are good) for 1 or 2 night stays outside the 30 day window and looked to rent them.

If I didn't get anyone I cancelled and picked new dates before holding. It didn't take long to rent ours out and we used FB not Davids.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 22, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Kwkiwi
I want to go now!

Hi Lizzim, just wondering when you used facebook, how did that work with payment etc? I have a paypal account. Just wondering what happens if the other party wants to cancel etc. I guess that's where David's would sort that sort of thing out.
Kwkiwi is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 22, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hi Lizzim, just wondering when you used facebook, how did that work with payment etc? I have a paypal account. Just wondering what happens if the other party wants to cancel etc. I guess that's where David's would sort that sort of thing out.
We put on FB what our terms were - which essentially was no refunds unless we could find another renter. We would also offer to move dates if we could but otherwise non refundable.

Most points are on the same basis and if you price it right people are happy with that.

We took payment via PayPal and again it was straightforward.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 22, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Kwkiwi
I want to go now!

Just letting you helpful guys know I just booked SSR preferred deluxe room for Thurs-Sun,25-28 August 2022, which is 53 points, which I discovered is how much points will expire on 30 Nov.

That gives me a week or so to try and sell before the 30 day time, and then could retry with a later date if it doesn't sell. The stay will be going fairly cheap...

That was the only weekend with three nights available. I thought I'd go for a weekend as someone suggested. There was Boardwalk, 3 nights but starting on Sunday for 39 points but I thought the weekend at SSR might be better. Hopefully the preferred studios at SSR are refurbished. They look very nice the SSR refurbished.

It's all just a mathematical calculation isn't it... Hope I'm not doing this for several months...

Thanks again everyone. This is the best Dis board.
Old 15 Jul 22, 02:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Glad you've got something booked and good luck!

Suggest keep checking for availability just in case a better option pops up within your time frame.

Also consider that you've just booked the SSR reservation within 60-days, so I wouldn't be too concerned with letting it run past the 30-day mark and if it does just keep the SSR reservation going and the Facebook advert while looking for an alternative date/resort and when one pops up just change so keeping the same reservation number.

Bear in mind that SSR is still showing availability for your dates Thurs-Sun, 25-28 August so you'll be in competition with members trying to rent their depressed points. Also that Sept the points are less and there's Columbus Day so that weekend plus a public holiday on Mon 5th would be good but harder find!

And if you are doing it for a few months then check for cancellations at the 31-day mark as you might find a BCV, BWV or similar popular resort, even if it's just for 2-nights as those should get snapped up by American's taking last minute short trips.

Edited at 02:51 AM.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 22, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Kwkiwi
I want to go now!

Thanks b bear. What is the 60 day mark relevant for? ! I ended up booking a 4 day stay. My brother in San Fran pointed out that is wasn’t really worth going for a three night stay if travelling from further afield because it was really only 2 days at dis world and then travelling the other days. So he thought 4 nights might be better. In the end I’m registering with David’s. Don’t have time to look round for time wasters. Someone said that happens on Facebook. But will keep monitoring it. Even a few hundred USD would be better than nothing. Thanks again. Learnt heaps on this forum.
Old 16 Jul 22, 06:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks b bear. What is the 60 day mark relevant for?
Sorry for any confusion; you had stated "That gives me a week or so to try and sell before the 30 day time, and then could retry with a later date if it doesn't sell",

So it was just to highlight that the SSR booking you had made was within the 60-day holding period and so it wouldn't really matter if you didn't rent SSR right away and that you could leave the Facebook advert going to say 10-days before check-in or to when you found other resort cancellations.

And I'm sure I've read reports that Floridians are seeking short last minute confirmed reservations.

Good luck with David's and counting down to the big match!
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 22, 06:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Kwkiwi
I want to go now!

Hi B bear, just to clarify, I can’t change from SSR now. Sorry about all the rookie questions!
Old 16 Jul 22, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Hi B bear, just to clarify, I can’t change from SSR now. Sorry about all the rookie questions!
Understand and the Dibb is the best place for rookie question's, I've learn't so much over the years from other Dibber's.