Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 Jul 22, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Vertigo
Excited about Disney

all the indications are that it is imminent.

They have taken the construction walls down, changed the theming in the gift shop back, the men on stilts are back, the exit ramp is clear and Rick from Rix Flix said something about a pass holders day on 15th August and a free magnet with the Mummy on it... must admit didn't fully understand what event it was - but the gist of it was; why would they give a magnet with Mummy insignia on it for an event when the ride is closed?

all points to it opening literally any day.
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 22, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
all the indications are that it is imminent.

They have taken the construction walls down, changed the theming in the gift shop back, the men on stilts are back, the exit ramp is clear and Rick from Rix Flix said something about a pass holders day on 15th August and a free magnet with the Mummy on it... must admit didn't fully understand what event it was - but the gist of it was; why would they give a magnet with Mummy insignia on it for an event when the ride is closed?

all points to it opening literally any day.
UOAP appreciation days starts on the 15th August and goes on until the end of September.

They give out magnets to AP holders, there's mostly one every month with differing symbols on each time (as well as badges).

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 22, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

One sign of opening is that the annual pass holder appreciation days start on Aug 15th. The free magnet that pass holders can get during this period is revenge of the mummy themed. Indicating a possible opening in time for the event, as seems odd to give out a mummy theme magnet if the ride is closed.

I am at universal between 3rd-12th august, hoping it opens before the 15th, although will be at Disney for 11 days so can always go back to universal during this period. Its always been one of my top Orlando rides since my first visit back in 2007. So be a shame to miss out on it.

I imagine it will just suddenly soft open one day without much warning and then a press release to follow to announce its back open, rather than a date announced well in advance that you get with brand new rides.

Edited at 11:18 AM.
m2k00 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 22, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

i doubt it will be before 15 August and may be open for AP holders in the first instance
Old 27 Jul 22, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Vertigo
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
i doubt it will be before 15 August and may be open for AP holders in the first instance
why do you think that?

AFAIAW they have never had a pass holders day for a ride opening or reopening (could be wrong here) and as i said before, there is every indication it's imminent.

so i am curious as to why you think it wont be for another 3 weeks?
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 22, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
CoasterLady
Proud to wear my Ears

It's looked like this for 3 weeks, I don't think any of us can say for sure if it'll look like this for another 3 weeks, 3 days or 3 hours!
CoasterLady is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 22, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Looks like we're going to miss out - just today and tomorrow left of our eight days at Universal.

It feels quite cruel having the Egyptian stilt-walkers outside the attraction when it's not open!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 22, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

apparently TMs are saying end of August but rumours are that it will be 15th. Dont know why they think that though

AP holders got to ride VelociCoaster first
Old 27 Jul 22, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
apparently TMs are saying end of August but rumours are that it will be 15th. Dont know why they think that though

AP holders got to ride VelociCoaster first
Yeah but velocicoaster was brand new?
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 22, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Melville
Very Serious Dibber

My heart skipped a beat when I saw this thread at the top of the page!

Fingers crossed for end of August opening, I’m there 31st!