Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 20 Jul 22, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good to see you are off to a great start with your cocktails- I’m sure your buffet skills will get back to normal once you have had some rest. Love the balcony on your upgraded room. Xx
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 22, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

That was a long day. I had the same problem on a flight where people wanted to cut through - I was quite vocal about it🤣 and wouldn’t move my legs🤣

The upgrade sounds like the right decision- what a fabulous balcony!

Looking forward to reading more!
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 22, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The TUI premium is great isn’t it , we could never defer back from there if we fly TUI , just a pity you couldn’t get a window seat 🥲
Well done on ditching the transfer bus for a taxi and the upgrade I’m sure is worth it for the balcony alone , amazing 🤗
I’m loving your rainbow of cocktails on Instagram too Amanda. I never knew there were so many colours available
Xx
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 22, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Oh WOW that pool looks so lovely as does the food
Hope the cakes are nice too 🙊😋😋
Have a wonderful holiday, better late than never
X

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 22, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
To Iseo - a lake between Garda and Como! So looking forward to pizza, pasta and ice cream🤣
Oh that will be very nice. Beautiful scenery

Originally Posted by tigger48 View Post
Hi and so good to read one of your reports again! I’ll be following along, but I’m sorry to hear that you’ve not been well. Hopefully now you’re back to full strength and poised to act as Dibb Cocktail Guinea Pig?
Surely luggage carousel lottery is a sport for all the family though?!
Anyhow its good to read of your new adventures.
Hello
Yes I am good now, the thing with my head was quite unnerving for a bit and the scar still hurts ( I really should be at Hogwarts) but I’m still going so

Ha ha, Dads are just the best tho at the carousel. I’ve learned to just take a seat . It’s too chaotic for me

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
Ooh! Been seeing your cocktails on insta so I’m delighted to find an accompanying trippie!

So sorry to hear you’ve been having a rough time and I hope this holiday is just what you need. We’ve been in similar circumstances with tough times and the cruise we just had really was a godsend and we both feel so much better for it.

Excellent choice on your room upgrade and seems it will make a huge difference having that lovely balcony. Looking forward to reading about more rest relaxation and cocktails for you x
Hey Helen thank you . And what a Fabulous trip you had. So many beautiful places x I’m sat on the balcony writing this ( in a chair obv, not literally on the balcony ) , it’s a perfect spot. Lots of rest and a sprinkling of cocktails. All good

Originally Posted by Pumba75 View Post
Great travel day. Your new upgraded room and balcony look lovely. Have enjoyed seeing your cocktails on IG & whatsapp and looking forward to reading more. Love your style of writing!

M x
Thank you xx You are very kind x

Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
Looks like a good move upgrading! I would have done the same a smooth travel day xx
It went pretty quickly and pretty smoothly. Especially as we are out of practice with long haul destinations

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
woohoo a cocktail report (and food as well obviously) looking forward to seeing what delights you have, the balcony looks amazing, great space to chill out! hope you both have a great time
Hey hey, thank you. We are doing ok on the cocktails. Bit feeble on the food tho

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Good to see you are off to a great start with your cocktails- I’m sure your buffet skills will get back to normal once you have had some rest. Love the balcony on your upgraded room. Xx
Thank you - yep, definitely improving but other have infinitely superior plate piling skills to me. My dinner looks like a kids meal most nights I love this balcony. They may have to forcibly remove me next week

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
That was a long day. I had the same problem on a flight where people wanted to cut through - I was quite vocal about it🤣 and wouldn’t move my legs🤣

The upgrade sounds like the right decision- what a fabulous balcony!

Looking forward to reading more!
It so rude isn’t it. It was our leg space. We wouldn’t go and stand in front of their seats. One woman even tutted at me as I wouldn’t move my foot for her It was too early in the flight to make a scene. The bag sorted it.

This balcony is a little piece of paradise, prepare for lots of pics

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
The TUI premium is great isn’t it , we could never defer back from there if we fly TUI , just a pity you couldn’t get a window seat 🥲
Well done on ditching the transfer bus for a taxi and the upgrade I’m sure is worth it for the balcony alone , amazing 🤗
I’m loving your rainbow of cocktails on Instagram too Amanda. I never knew there were so many colours available
Xx
We were very impressed by it. As good as Virgin except the limited IFE. In fact, possibly better than Virgin for the food quality . Andy was adamant he wasn’t waiting any more , I was a bit dubious about the taxi but he was right(don’t tell him)

They are very bright aren’t they. Can’t be good for you I’m sure

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Oh WOW that pool looks so lovely as does the food
Hope the cakes are nice too 🙊😋😋
Have a wonderful holiday, better late than never
X
Hello , thank you. The pool is fab and the food is plentiful … maybe too much

We are having a fab time … very pleased to have got here
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 22, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Day 1. A Buffet a day means on the scales you will pay.

I woke up convinced it must be about 5 am as I felt I had some decent kip. OMG it was only 1am. Ridiculous. Forced myself back to sleep until the marginally less ridiculous 3.30 and and finally gave up at 4.30.

Happily sat in the little lounge area making a coffee and arranging my library for the trip.

I need to finish these books at a rate of 1 every 2 days to get through them all. Am slightly behind schedule at the moment!

Also did the vital research on all the opening times.

Sat out on the balcony watching the sun come up.
This was so nice. The birds, the sound of the ocean and leaves rustling.
A perfect time. So quiet. Absolute bliss.
One of those moments you want to bottle for ever.

And time to ponder quite how I am on a beach and buffet holiday when I’m a self confessed non lover of both … will it be the ultimate downtime or send me crazy?

Andy was up just before 6 so we decided to explore the resort while it was cool and deserted.

The Coral swim up bar pool

Much nicer empty.

Gets absolutely packed out.

Has the gross nickname of the pee pee pool
Ewww.

Definitely one to visit as soon as it opens and definitely not later in the day.

Or ideally just use the non pool side.

It’s an adults only hotel.

Upside (for us) is no children - downside, adults who are partying hard and getting trollied …

The beach was very quiet and not too seaweedy. It does seem to build up in the day

Back towards the bar pool

Those pool beds aren’t very comfy if you are short, the curves are designed for long bodies.

Looking towards the resort building

I loved the rain cups

Breakfast is always in the same restaurant.

It doesn’t vary hugely in the offer each day so I took loads of photos on day one as we were first there . I won’t repeat these every day / just what we picked each time !

Lots of plantain, mashed banana and veggies in the above hot dishes.

Super crispy crunchy bacon.
Small sausages that were a bit tricky to cut without them shooting off the plate

Pastries, cakes and fruit. Most of which was then on offer at the coffee shop throughout the day

Toasted sandwiches and donuts.

Continental meats, fish and cheese.

I missed the fruit juice, bread and pancake/ waffle stations on this sweep

We know I have to build up my buffet game

Having been discombobulated by such an array for breakfast it was always going to be a safe pick for day 1 for me

Although I did branch out with some fried banana.

I then had me a sugar fix

Oh my life I felt sick after that.

Andy went continental first

I really can’t be doing with that at 7 am, surely that’s lunch food.

Then he stocked his hamster pouches with a more traditional plate

Nothing for it but to lie down and let that lot settle straight on the hips.

Terrible views

Very good book. Nice twist and an easy read

Super hot and the bar had been open at least an hour so a strawberry daiquiri had my name on it

Mind you it could have been a sunrise. I wasn’t taking notes tsk tsk.

I did have a mock tail then thinking I’d be all sensible

I had the Greenpeace

It was refreshing.

But disturbingly like mouthwash. I won’t have it again

This bit is lovely. Gets a nice breeze and it’s quiet as everyone’s round the otherside in the swim up bit

Andy did his Hoff impression

Everyone here loves his long silver hair.

Before we could say it’s buffet time, it was.

We didn’t realise it was buffet at lunch too.

So much decision making stress on day 1.

I should have done some training. I mean buffets are just the ultimate “picky tea” right? I’m seriously off my A game here.

Again it’s broadly the same offer most lunches so I will post these all now and update if there are any big changes.

Basically it’s a ridiculous amount of food. Some of which I’m sure comes from the night before and is stir fried or stewed up.

And it’s too hot for stews for goodness sake.

Uncannily, my eye is drawn immediately to the cakes and then the fruit. The fruit stations always look fabulous with all the tropical colours

Then hot stations of meat, fish, veggies and pasta, rice

Sprouts! Omg sprouts have no place in this buffet surely. Evil veg. Gets everywhere

Then cold stations. I’m old fashioned and a bit wary of fish and shellfish in heat so not likely to be stopping by here

So pop pickers all that choice. What did I go with?

Yes

It’s basically a bacon double cheeseburger from BurgerKing

Followed by the weirdest desert trio

The pistachio eclair was nice, the sponge was ok, inoffensive but not amazing, and the pineapple was juicy and delicious.

I think Andy made a couple of trips . I only captured this random plate

They were like tostados -or some other Mexican chicken fried tortilla wrap. He said it was more filling than he realised

As we left lunch the heavens opened

But our loungers had miraculously stayed dry

I treated myself to some new bags this trip - the pink canvas one for travelling, that striped one for all the beach and pool stuff and a load of zip pouches . Hours of fun for me. Easily pleased with my organising

We took the rain as a sign to head in and had a bit of downtime. I sat out and read for ages.

Several hours later and it was dinner time. Yes we really are just eating and drinking all day

Rum punch and a G&T in the bar

And a trip to the Italian

We sat by the open window

Only terrorised by a buffet for starters here

We agreed to go light on starters as we had no idea how big the meals could be

Good choices. Just went for the cold ones. There were mini pizzas, ravioli and mini lasagnes on the hot station.

Andy went for the lamb . It was nice and flavoursome but a tad fatty

I had the lasagne

Gosh this was rich. Beautifully cooked but a bit heavy with the cream , truffle and cheese.

We had both picked tiramisu for dessert and were expecting a nice little mini one.

Good grief they were huge But sooooo delicious.

Couldn’t bear to leave any but really feeling full up now. I can’t describe the way they had got the mascarpone in that dessert, it was perfect

We briefly thought about walking off dinner but thought better of it.

We went very tired that first day time difference catching up on us combined with the rich food.

Just time to sit on the balcony for a bit

And listen to the ocean in the dark — magical.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 22, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Day 1 added at post 36.
Brace yourself for buffets
Old 20 Jul 22, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
hipthehippo
Imagineer

Oh wow - what an overwhelming choice of food! The hotel looks gorgeous - esp in the morning.

I have to ask, in the photo of your books, are those bottles of alcohol on the wall?

Growing old is mandatory, but, growing up is optional
"Live a Life that Matters" - Michael Josephson - RIP Dad 20.07.05
2006, 2007 - Rolling Hills / 2008 - Villa - can't remember! / 2009, 2010 - Sunset Lakes / 2011 - Indian Creek / 2012 - Sunset Lakes / 2013 - Emerald Island / 2014, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2023 - Sunset Lakes
hipthehippo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 22, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Day 1 added at post 36.
Brace yourself for buffets
So stressful with all the buffet choices…..why are they punishing you?

Glad you are having a good trip
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 22, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by hipthehippo View Post
Oh wow - what an overwhelming choice of food! The hotel looks gorgeous - esp in the morning.

I have to ask, in the photo of your books, are those bottles of alcohol on the wall?
Hi there and thank you .

The hotel and grounds are lovely especially at the start and end of the day.

Yes, every room has a set of optics. A bit OTT when the bar is open 21 hours a day from 10am to 7am.

The fridge has a range of mixers so if you fancied a vodka and coke, or gin and tonic and can’t face the walk to the bar -you could make yourself one.

I can’t see we we will make use of it - unless Andy has a Tom Cruise Cocktail moment !

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
So stressful with all the buffet choices…..why are they punishing you?

Glad you are having a good trip
Thank you - it’s a ditherers hell really. I’ve done laps of the buffet getting all bewildered by the choices .

Still it’s one way to get some steps in to counter all the carbs …