Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 20 Jul 22, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Secrets of the London underground

Big up to AntonyJ for the heads up about his, I've watched about half the episodes available (two seasons, the 2nd one aired recently)

Absolutely fascinating show, Tim and siddy take us through areas never before seen, as well as trips to the archives showing how lines have evolved (the Elizabeth line was pretty much mapped out post war but got shelved)

It's a lovely little show, and I've used it a couple of times to fall asleep to. Not that it's boring in any way, but it's all nice and gentle and easy going, with no big loud bits to jolt you awake again. I've learned loads so far, and it certainly makes you appreciate it all the more!

It's on 'yesterday'/UKTV app

yesterday.uktv/shows/s...n-underground/
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 22, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
Big up to AntonyJ for the heads up about his, I've watched about half the episodes available (two seasons, the 2nd one aired recently)

Absolutely fascinating show, Tim and siddy take us through areas never before seen, as well as trips to the archives showing how lines have evolved (the Elizabeth line was pretty much mapped out post war but got shelved)

It's a lovely little show, and I've used it a couple of times to fall asleep to. Not that it's boring in any way, but it's all nice and gentle and easy going, with no big loud bits to jolt you awake again. I've learned loads so far, and it certainly makes you appreciate it all the more!

It's on 'yesterday'/UKTV app

yesterday.uktv/shows/s...n-underground/
Too kind sir - I just enjoyed the first season and was looking for the second
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 22, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

We came across a trailer for it by accident, and have now watched both seasons. We loved it! Tim Dunn is a lovely presenter, his enthusiasm is really sweet to watch, and Siddy is so knowledgeable! I love the way she gets super-excited about tiles, LOL!

We found another series that Tim presents this week, although I think it's a few years old. It's all about Railway Architecture and we've been watching episodes on UKTV catch up. There appears to be 3 series, but we can only find 2 and 3, not series 1 for some reason.
Old 20 Jul 22, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
We found another series that Tim presents this week, although I think it's a few years old. It's all about Railway Architecture and we've been watching episodes on UKTV catch up. There appears to be 3 series, but we can only find 2 and 3, not series 1 for some reason.
What's it called? I'll have a look for it when I get home from Italy
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 22, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Ooh I’m going to look for this. My husband and I love that type of program

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 22, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

My husband loves this!
I’ve seen odd snippets when I’ve been in and out of the lounge and it is really interesting.
He’s a bit of a history nut so it’s right up his alley

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 22, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Johnnyp
Imagineer

Johnnyp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Jags Hazzad on YouTube does the history and quirks of underground stations and lines if you like that sort of thing
Johnnyp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I need to watch it as they filmed an episode at my apartment complex (well entrance to underground form it - a 'secret' tunnel !)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 23, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

*bump*

tim's back with series 4 of THE ARCHITECTURE THE RAILWAYS BUILT

uktvplay/shows/the-arc...built/series-4
Old 1 Mar 23, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Budmiester
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
*bump*

tim's back with series 4 of THE ARCHITECTURE THE RAILWAYS BUILT

uktvplay/shows/the-arc...built/series-4
I like both of programmes as I worked on both. As for the Forth bridge I’ve been very lucky and have walked across it, it’s certainly a vertigo inducing in places 😂.
Budmiester is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List