Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 Jul 22, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Disney housekeeping / service ( lack of ) - I’ll be glad to leave tomorrow !

I’ve spent 2 nights in All Stars - zero housekeeping apart from the daily nosy “inspection “

6 nights Beach Club Villas and now 5 nights Boardwalk villas - again zero housekeeping apart from a change of towels on day 4 and they were just thrown on the bed. I remember in the old days at DVC a complete clean on day 4 - always. I’ve been WDW at least 40+ times, and this is the worst / complete opposite to how it was.

Now it’s Constant trash collecting disguised as daily inspections ( interrogations ) Perhaps if Disney focused their staff more on actual housekeeping and not on constant snooping, guests would be a lot happier. I’ve spent a long time at the pools and everyone I have spoke to is complaining.

Ive cancelled out some of my October trip to Disney hotels until next year with the hope this tightness is going to end…. You don’t even get a pen and paper by the phone anymore !

Disney always somehow manages to recruit employees that will TAKE your money but seem to struggle with employing people to give the previous ( now unknown ) Disney service.

Hopefully Universal fares better tomorrow
Old 21 Jul 22, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I didn’t have an issue with the daily room check. I believe it’s a legal requirement and no one “snooped” or “interrogated” us.
I was disappointed with housekeeping though as I believed it was supposed to be very two days and it wasn’t. I’m hoping it’s back to normal next year when we go.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 22, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

I totally sympathise having suffered the same at the Contemporary but for DVC a full clean on day 4 only happens on stays of eight days or more.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 22, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
ali-s
VIP Dibber

11 out of 12 hotels on our road trip were the same. Zero housekeeping, most provided minimal toiletries with a note telling you to ask at reception if you required anything. The most expensive had people putting trash bags outside their door for collection 😯 lack of service wasn't reflected in the price though, they all cost more than when I priced them up 3 years ago.
The one exception provided clean towels, toiletries and toilet rolls every day - whether you wanted them or not
Mexico 2010, Easter in Mexico Trip Index
ESD Pointe Orlando, Palm Pavilion Clearwater, RPR August 2012
Costa Rica July 2015 Pura Vida! trip report
South Africa 2017 trip report
ali-s is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 22, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Dummydaydream
Proud to wear my Ears

Can I please ask how it works for tipping then if there’s very little housekeeping. It’ll be our first time in the US and I’ve prepared the OH re leaving tips but he’ll not be chuffed if we’re leaving a few dollars every day to get the bin emptied.
Dummydaydream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 22, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
SiandAm
Imagineer

I completely agree, we did 6 night in June and the lack of housekeeping surprised me, given the premium we had paid. Whilst we are not messy people I would have appreciated the floor being swept and the sinks wiped down just once during the stay

PORS 1995 Grand Floridian 1997 CBR 1998 ASMovies2002/2004Cumbrian lakes 2005,6,8,10,11,12,13,14 & 15 NYC/disney '12 AKL 2007 OKW 2009 2012Ellie hunts tour CBR 19
cumbrian lakes2016,17,18,19,22 2019 ASMovies 2022
SiandAm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 22, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
I totally sympathise having suffered the same at the Contemporary but for DVC a full clean on day 4 only happens on stays of eight days or more.
Used to be fully cleaned on day 4 on stays longer than 4 nights. Ive never ever stayed longer than a week in DVC in 18 years. I know it says in the literature what you quote, but Ive been a member since 2004, so unless I was lucky every time I came, it was totally cleaned on day 4. Sleeping in the same sheets for 6 nights on a row - urgh
Old 21 Jul 22, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I didn’t have an issue with the daily room check. I believe it’s a legal requirement and no one “snooped” or “interrogated” us.
I was disappointed with housekeeping though as I believed it was supposed to be very two days and it wasn’t. I’m hoping it’s back to normal next year when we go.
If they are banging on your door as you sleep, and then ringing its a bit much to not even wait a couple of hours - not exactly the relaxing time I expected
Old 21 Jul 22, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Stitchesmumanddad View Post
Used to be fully cleaned on day 4 on stays longer than 4 nights. Ive never ever stayed longer than a week in DVC in 18 years. I know it says in the literature what you quote, but Ive been a member since 2004, so unless I was lucky every time I came, it was totally cleaned on day 4. Sleeping in the same sheets for 6 nights on a row - urgh
You've been lucky - we've been members 12 years and never had a full clean because we've never stayed in the same place longer than a week.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 22, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Dummydaydream View Post
Can I please ask how it works for tipping then if there’s very little housekeeping. It’ll be our first time in the US and I’ve prepared the OH re leaving tips but he’ll not be chuffed if we’re leaving a few dollars every day to get the bin emptied.
They will get a few dollars as I leave for cleaning up my very tidy room ( Im on my own ) … that’s it x