Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 Jul 22, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
You've been lucky - we've been members 12 years and never had a full clean because we've never stayed in the same place longer than a week.
I just asked my two sons and they both remember the full cleans. We used to cruise at the start of the holiday - so used to twice a day housekeeping, and was always relieved at the clean on day 4 but used to moan the trash built up over the days lol
Old 21 Jul 22, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by Dummydaydream View Post
Can I please ask how it works for tipping then if there’s very little housekeeping. It’ll be our first time in the US and I’ve prepared the OH re leaving tips but he’ll not be chuffed if we’re leaving a few dollars every day to get the bin emptied.
Housekeeping is officially a non-tipped position. There is no expectation to tip them. Some people like to - it’s their choice.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 22, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Sorry I'm not into tipping for no or very little service. I will NOT be tipping house keeping if it doesn't happen.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 22, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Stitchesmumanddad View Post
I just asked my two sons and they both remember the full cleans. We used to cruise at the start of the holiday - so used to twice a day housekeeping, and was always relieved at the clean on day 4 but used to moan the trash built up over the days lol
I wasn't saying you didn't get it... just that you were lucky
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 22, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Can I please ask how it works for tipping then if there’s very little housekeeping. It’ll be our first time in the US and I’ve prepared the OH re leaving tips but he’ll not be chuffed if we’re leaving a few dollars every day to get the bin emptied.
No housekeeping no tips surely? - just leave a few dollars at the end of the trip for the days (if any) they do make up your room and clean.
MarkUK is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 22, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
No housekeeping no tips surely? - just leave a few dollars at the end of the trip for the days (if any) they do make up your room and clean.
No, tipping is for good service not basic service.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 22, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
I wasn't saying you didn't get it... just that you were lucky
Oh lol - wasn’t saying that Was seriously wondering if I made it up in my head - but the kids recall.
I couldn’t have been lucky every time though ?
We used to always stay 5 nights Sun to Fri morn when the points midweek were vastly cheaper back then,
We’d go Busch one weekend and Universal the other. That was our pattern. I remember saying the clean has come almost too late ! Lol
Old 21 Jul 22, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
SiandAm
Imagineer

For the first time ever I didn’t, I had to ask for clean towels and leave the dirty ones out and our trash was only emptied on request, as we were literally not serviced I felt no need to leave a tip.

PORS 1995 Grand Floridian 1997 CBR 1998 ASMovies2002/2004Cumbrian lakes 2005,6,8,10,11,12,13,14 & 15 NYC/disney '12 AKL 2007 OKW 2009 2012Ellie hunts tour CBR 19
cumbrian lakes2016,17,18,19,22 2019 ASMovies 2022
SiandAm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 22, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Out of interest for those who’ve done cruises (Disney or other CL’s) is this lack of housekeeping apart there as well?
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 22, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Out of interest for those who’ve done cruises (Disney or other CL’s) is this lack of housekeeping apart there as well?
NCL cruises - even since last October ( Ive been on 4 since then )
Housekeeping 100% perfect
Daily clean plus night time turn down