Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 22 Jul 22, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
This is the last piece of Chinese tat ‘merchandise’ I ever bought from Disney. It faded in the dishwasher within a few weeks of getting it home.

Emailed Disney and they basically told me suck it up.

I emailed back and said that is the last piece of merchandise they will ever see me spend my money on. Goodness knows where the customer service went, and I have been true to my word, so they have lost money through their own unreasonableness and tight fistedness.

Sorry if this is a silly question, but does it have the dishwasher safe mark? I only ask because 99% of ours are not dishwasher safe, much to DH's annoyance when he has to hand wash them 😂
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 22, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Yes, I saw a post on FB about someone who was there the night the poor CM had been given new instructions and was turning people away, including them. They complained to the front desk and was asked for their feedback.
As he said, what is the point having an empty lounge between 6-8.30 until the paying guests go, either shut it or sort the capacity to accommodate both. Or make it a dining reservation, none of it is difficult and this lack of clarity and greed is just making more and more people disenchanted and upset. This was often our go to place on our last night to have a final drink and watch the fireworks away from the MK scrum.
Same here re cutting back on them getting more of our money. On our next trip we only have two dining reservations, the rest will be some of the better QS, light Bfast and lunches in the room and dinners off site. First time at Universal in eight years and first time ever at a Universal resort next trip. I am actually looking forward to comparing the experience, value for money and service.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 22, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Sorry if this is a silly question, but does it have the dishwasher safe mark? I only ask because 99% of ours are not dishwasher safe, much to DH's annoyance when he has to hand wash them 😂
Don’t think so but I don’t think I have any mugs with such a mark on, and none but this have faded. Even a Ł8.99 one I had a photo put on, on an online store, no issue. Never seen it before. Just very cheaply made and glazed. A decent glaze would protect it like every other mug I have.
They’ve cut cost to the bone and made a very, very shoddy item. I hear online many are the same and only buy the ones not made in China. Taiwan or Vietnam is much better apparently.
Lesson learnt. But they’ll never get a penny more from our family in merchandise.
Old 22 Jul 22, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

This is the last piece of Chinese tat ‘merchandise’ I ever bought from Disney. It faded in the dishwasher within a few weeks of getting it home.

Emailed Disney and they basically told me suck it up.

I emailed back and said that is the last piece of merchandise they will ever see me spend my money on. Goodness knows where the customer service went, and I have been true to my word, so they have lost money through their own unreasonableness and tight fistedness.

YT - what year did you buy this?

I have this exact same mug. Can’t be sure which trip it was but I think mid 2010s. It’s a tiny bit faded but nothing like yours! 😱

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
I wonder if you can still access the lounge unchallenged if you have a 16th floor room? On the two occasions we've had one in the past you could just walk in the lounge and around the deck as you pleased.
I wondered that.
Old 22 Jul 22, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

We are here now and I'm not sure people are embracing the. New higher prices in shops or onsite restaurants.
As we left Disney last night we went for a cookie in the sweet shop at end of main st. The park was rammed but there was virtually no one buying sweets cookies etc. Same in the shops all the way down main st.
Ice cream shop had about a 10 person wait during lunch time.
Crystal palace had a few in the walk up lime but not like it was a few years back.
Definitely tell there's a move away from giving Disney any extra money. May be different with UK visitors I don't know
We as a family have bought a few cokes. One meal in bouma. A few ice creams. A cookie. Indulged in Starbucks.
We cancelled 2 sit down meals and stayed away from $15 turkey legs and $20;poor burgers.
Never spent so little in Disney. Poor quality inflated prices. Still great them parks

Edited at 10:41 PM.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 22, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
YT - what year did you buy this?

I have this exact same mug. Can’t be sure which trip it was but I think mid 2010s. It’s a tiny bit faded but nothing like yours! 😱

I wondered that.
Summer 2019 trip.
Old 23 Jul 22, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Summer 2019 trip.
DH thinks ours was 2014 but possibly even 2012. Photo taken tonight - has been used daily! Says something about the difference in quality standards…

Old 24 Jul 22, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Has anyone defaulted to taking in food to the parks. I see US guests doing this, taking in coolers but not sure that UK visitors do it as much. I only buy the refillable mugs and Starbucks "you are here" mugs (and I have way too many of those).
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 22, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
Has anyone defaulted to taking in food to the parks. I see US guests doing this, taking in coolers but not sure that UK visitors do it as much. I only buy the refillable mugs and Starbucks "you are here" mugs (and I have way too many of those).
We have often taken sandwiches in. We sometimes prefer it and for healthy eating reasons. We have some small sandwich cooling bag things and flat cool packs that go in.
Old 24 Jul 22, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

oh - I just saw your countdown YT. Very exciting.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List