Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 24 Jul 22, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
They emptied our bins daily in the 3 trips we have done this year. Maybe once or twice it was missed as I always check because bins attract insects so if they aren't done I hook the bag out myself and put it in the big bins as we go out for food in the evening.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 22, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

They used to charge for additional amenities, but a few years ago it was changed so that they were free. The DVC site now states

"Additional Amenity Requests

You’ll be provided with the following amenities at no extra charge at the start of your stay and during each Housekeeping service. These amenities can also be replenished upon request at no additional charge:

Coffee Package: Includes 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
Towel Package: Includes 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat
Laundry Detergent (only in 1-, 2- and 3-Bedroom Villas): Includes 1 box for 1 load of laundry"

I don't believe there is a limit on how often you can request these.

During a recent stay the iron in our room was broken. When they gave us the new one we asked if they would take the previous one and the response was to leave it in the hallway to be collected. I can fully believe that people are being advised to do the same with towels.
Noodlez is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
IANF
Very Serious Dibber

Many thanks for the replies everyone 👍🏻
Has anybody used the new steamer in the rooms yet? Would personally prefer a good old fashioned iron and board! I cant see a steamer would remove creases from a pair of jeans would it?
WILDERNESS LODGE 2009
CORONADO SPRINGS 2014
IANF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by IANF View Post
Many thanks for the replies everyone 👍🏻
Has anybody used the new steamer in the rooms yet? Would personally prefer a good old fashioned iron and board! I cant see a steamer would remove creases from a pair of jeans would it?
I hasten to add I don't iron but my Wife will anything that stands still!

In our 3 trips this year in Studios and a 1 bed we haven't had anything other than the normal steam iron and board. As usual on 2 of the visits the iron was changed as they were broken. Heaven knows what people do to them.

Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
IANF
Very Serious Dibber

Many thanks everyone…can’t wait for our first visit using our points! Got 3 resorts booked so hopefully good experiences all round!
Qiuck question re moving days, do we call Bell services and let them know where we are moving to or do we need to go to reception?
We are moving VGF>SSR on day 5 (after that we move to US Hard rock for HHN for 3 days before back to BWV for last 4 days so would need to take luggage with us!)
WILDERNESS LODGE 2009
CORONADO SPRINGS 2014
IANF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by IANF View Post
Many thanks everyone…can’t wait for our first visit using our points! Got 3 resorts booked so hopefully good experiences all round!
Qiuck question re moving days, do we call Bell services and let them know where we are moving to or do we need to go to reception?
We are moving VGF>SSR on day 5 (after that we move to US Hard rock for HHN for 3 days before back to BWV for last 4 days so would need to take luggage with us!)
No need to go to reception. Just use the house phone and ring bell services. They will arrange a time to collect your luggage and where it’s to go. However they want somebody in the room when they collect the cases.

Old 3 Aug 22, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
ROO
Imagineer

ROO's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
We stayed at SSR in April & the trash was emptied every day .
We had no complaints about housekeeping at all they were very good.
I did request a switch with trash & towel & full house keeping & this was no problem at all .
Old 3 Aug 22, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
daily room check and bins emptied when there recently, they did miss a full housekeeping but did it when I phoned, 2 housekeeping people we had were lovely

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List