Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 Jul 22, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

CBR best area and tips needed

Hi
We go in less than two weeks. Only got five nights at Disney. Which area at Caribbean Beach resort should I try to request. We have a fifth sleeper room.

Is there a better area. One that’s near food area, pool and transport? Or is this wishful thinking

First time on site, first time at CBR so any tips appreciated.

Thanks TC
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 22, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

We stayed at CBR on our first trip in 2007, absolutely loved it! Great food court, lovely shop, beautiful surroundings. It’s not far to the main area from any of the buildings really, we stayed in Barbados and my tip would be to look at where the bus goes when it first arrived back at the resort, it was much faster for us to get off at the first stop(Martinique?) and walk back to our building than to take the bus all the way round to our stop. You’ll love it!
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Gngr29
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We stayed a few weeks ago, loved the feel of the resort and we were in Aruba….only about 5 minutes walk to the skyliner for Hollywood studios. Also we were able to walk 5 - 10 walk in the other direction to the Riveria resort and get the skyliner to Epcot, which takes you in the back entrance by World Showcase, which we found a little quicker. Buses were not too bad at our bus stop for MK and Animal Kingdom, but I suppose it depends on how busy the resort is and what peoples plans are.

Aruba was quite close to the food court over the bridge and main pool.

Edited at 03:48 PM.
Gngr29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Yidhra
Getting to know the DIBB

I think it depends on which parks you’re most interested in as to which area is best for transportation, as Martinique and Barbados are (possibly) better for buses and Jamaica/Aruba for skyliner. Having said that we were in a pirate room in 2019 as it was the only way to get free dining when we booked and it wasn’t that bad walking to main pool/food court or the skyliner, even with a 6 and 9 year old and my (elderly) parents.

I think the standard 5th sleeper rooms are all in Jamaica/Aruba though, with the ones near food court being preferred rooms. I think I’m going to request Jamaica next year as we have the same booked, but wouldn’t be unhappy with any of the villages.
Yidhra is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 22, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
TheBounce
Helping Minnie

We booked for July 2023 and, after looking at all the YouTube videos and chatting to people on various Disney forums, we're hoping for Aruba but would also be happy with Jamaica. There are some fab YouTube videos that have reviews of the different villages and tips for making the most of your stay though so maybe check those out as obviously each of us will have different preferences/opinions. Hope you enjoy your trip wherever your room is 🙂
TheBounce is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
ravenwing
Trainee Dibber

We stayed in Jamaica 45 in 2017 and I'm requesting the same again. Close to the bridge across the lake which is a lovely walk to and from the Port Royale area. Also close to the skyliner.

I noticed the current map is still showing Freestyle coke machines in various locations, as well as the mini markets in Aruba and Jamaica. I thought these were only there temporarily while the refurb was going on. Does anyone know if they are still there, and if you can still use the Freestyle machine with the refillable resort mugs? Thanks
Old 30 Jul 22, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
kikimouse
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed in a corner room in Jamaica with a fifth sleeper. It’s fairly quiet and you walk across the bridge for the food court and main pool. It’s also near to the Skyliner now and I think a good mid-distance area all round
kikimouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

We stayed there in 1994, hated the place, far too big and the foodcourt was quite gloomy. Went back in 2019 for a look around after the skyliner and Riviera had been built and still thought it was too big and the foodcourt was still dull and gloomy. Perhaps we've been spoilt with Port Orleans French Quarter!
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed 2019 and were in Aruba, for us this was a fab location, we are 2 adults though so happy to walk 10 mins to the food court and we used the quite pool outside the room. Staying that end meant we had a 5 min walk to Riviera skyliner station so could get to Epcot and Epcot resorts really quickly which I preferred for breakfast as much better than CBR tbh in my opinion 😀
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Gngr29
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by ravenwing View Post
We stayed in Jamaica 45 in 2017 and I'm requesting the same again. Close to the bridge across the lake which is a lovely walk to and from the Port Royale area. Also close to the skyliner.

I noticed the current map is still showing Freestyle coke machines in various locations, as well as the mini markets in Aruba and Jamaica. I thought these were only there temporarily while the refurb was going on. Does anyone know if they are still there, and if you can still use the Freestyle machine with the refillable resort mugs? Thanks
Hi we stayed in July in Aruba, only freestyle machines in the food court and a drinks machine by main pool. Blocks only had a ice machine and vending machine at $4 ish for a bottle of coke etc. Resort mugs were $21 ish incl tax. No mini market in our block -sorry.

Edited at 06:20 PM.
Gngr29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List