Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 30 Jul 22, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Are you staying at the Hilton? From your photos that looks like the Marriott Grand Chateau where we stayed a few weeks ago.

Glad Mrs YT is covering and ouch to the bill

I’m enjoying following along
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
Are you staying at the Hilton? From your photos that looks like the Marriott Grand Chateau where we stayed a few weeks ago.

Glad Mrs YT is covering and ouch to the bill

I’m enjoying following along
Hilton Elara. Room is massive, I’ll post some more pics up in the next few days.

It’s a bit like the DVC 1 bed but bigger, with full kitchen. Very impressed we are so far but will settle in before posting final verdict.
Old 30 Jul 22, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Had to look see where that was, good location near the Bellagio and Aria and the suite sounds fabulous.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 22, 01:38 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Glad you arrived in Vegas safe and sound. Love Elara. Guess you have been in Miracle Mike shops by now. We love Ocean One Bar and their 3 for $10 cocktails. Bet it’s so hot, so drink plenty of water. Have fun.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 22, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Day 4 and 5

Writing this now as it’s raining in Vegas this afternoon. Apparently it’s ‘monsoon season’ so we have rain. Pool is shut. Was lovely this AM as well. I’m getting flash flood warning on the phone saying it’s a dangerous and life threatening situation😂 Ot seems they are as good at catastrophising on the weather as we are. Fortunately tomorrow looks glorious. We are going shopping soon anyway.

We are on day 6 now but I’ll catch up with 4 and 5 now.

Flight over to Vegas was with Southwest.

You don’t get a seat and it’s every man for himself but we all sat together. Half hour delay setting off due to a thunderstorm in New Orleans.

Landed in Houston where half the people got off, then it filled up again.

Arrived at Vegas and slow queue at Avis but hassle free rental. Chrysler Mini Van is very impressive, I’ll take some photos and post up on a later update. Rear seat screens, self driving, hybrid - it has it all.

We were starving by this point as although it was only 6pm Vegas time we had come from 2 hours in front so it was like 8pm for us.

We therefore went straight to Panda Express at this fancy Town Centre place just outside the strip. Had seen about Panda Express a lot on Dibb and wanted to give it a try. We all loved the food and will be going again for sure I expect this trip.

Then we went to Walmart to get some breakfast essentials as we have a full kitchen in the room. My son was also obsessed with buying some drink called ‘Prime’ for some reason🙄

We then went to the hotel and got checked in.

The room is on the 56th floor and the views are incredible. The photos don’t do it justice. The main living room is massive. Full kitchen. Projector screen. Washer dryer (Mrs YT loves her washer dryer), drinks cooler fridge, full body massage chair and more. Think it’s the best hotel room we have ever had.

The hotel is built onto the Miracle Mile shops:

Next morning we got up and after breakfast walked right up the strip to the Encore, looking in the hotels.

We then headed back for lunch in the Miracle Mile shops which out hotel connects to. Chipotle hit the spot here.

Then it was pool time. Had a few cocktails and beers but cocktails with tip are $20 a pop and draft beer is $11. Disney is cheap compared to here.

Pool area is nice. We met this couple from San Antonio who invited us to stay😀

We went to eat at PF Chang in the evening. Was very good, particularly the spicy beef. For some reason forgot to get a photo of the food but took one of the restaurant.

I was shattered last night and fell fast asleep at 10 and woke up at 6. Went in the gym this morning for a run.

After breakfast in the room we set off walking the other way on the strip to New York New York to ride the rollercoaster.

I’ll pick up on my next post day 6 in full.

Despite just receiving this we are daring to venture to the outlet mall now- wish us luck Dibbers!😂

Edited at 04:22 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 22, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
Imagineer

Really enjoying this! Glad Mrs YT is on the mend - and an excellent reminder to check you’re always fully insured before a trip… off to do that now!

Hotel room looks fabulous. Hope you’re having an amazing time.
Sept 21 TwoGoTo Aiya Napa - Amarande Hotel
Nov 21 TwoGoTo New York - The James New York Nomad
Mar 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Cabana Bay
Sept 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
Nov 22 TwoGoTo Rome - 9Hotel Cesari
July 23 TwoGoTo Kos - Mitsis Summer Palace
Sept 23 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
twogoto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 01:10 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Your room looks amazing. When we stayed we only had a bedroom and little kitchen area but it was still lovely. We saw on the news about the floods in Vegas. Hope you managed ok. Looking forward to reading more.
Did you see there is a Panda Express in Miracle Mile Shops. Handy to take back to your room, if you are too tired to venture out.

Edited at 01:26 AM.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 04:10 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Your room looks amazing. When we stayed we only had a bedroom and little kitchen area but it was still lovely. We saw on the news about the floods in Vegas. Hope you managed ok. Looking forward to reading more.
Did you see there is a Panda Express in Miracle Mile Shops. Handy to take back to your room, if you are too tired to venture out.
Yes we saw that. Very handy having the Miracle Mile on the hotel.
Yes these top floor rooms have been more recently renovated. They are great and the 1 bed units very spacious indeed.
The weather has been totally overblown today. It had a half hour light sprinkle of rain but we kept getting these ridiculous alerts all afternoon. Because of them they shut our pool all afternoon. We weren’t happy as for 95% of the afternoon it was just overcast. Other hotels had the pool open. I went to see the manager at the suggestion of a member of staff who thought it was over the top to close the pool all afternoon. I told them they had a defeatist attitude 😂 when it was obvious they weren’t going to change their minds! Oh well, it’s still very warm and looks sunny all day tomorrow. And we are off to climb a mountain.

Edited at 04:15 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

WOW your room is like a posh flat isn’t it, it’s got all the mod cons
Panda Express yummy 😋😋
I’m hoping you’ll visit the Cheesecake Factory maybe in the Forum Mall 🙊with a pic of course
Which outlet did you go to North or South 🤷
Enjoy

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Cocktails are not cheap in Vegas, I've nearly fallen off my chair a couple of times when paying the bill there (luckily it was on expenses), I've not driven in Vegas either as I've been going up and down the strip to the various conference venues and not doing much else, how are you finding it? That suite looks fabulous but the closing down of the pool for a few drops of rain seems a bit overkill. Glad Mrs YT is feeling much better.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List