Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Jul 22, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
SNA is much better than LAX for Disneyland

CFB, doing a ticket all the way to HNL and back doesn’t have to be expensive, in my experience, and also doesn’t have to include a stopover. Though we found the 24 hour travelling day and eleven hour time difference very tough.
It was a fair bit extra on the dates I chased and that was a consideration in the decision we made.. albeit not the only consideration. Clearly I like stopovers as I expand them into multi city vacations.

That is hand baggage only and with no seat allocation. I also selected cheapest dates and flights.

Edited at 10:59 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 22, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We looked at going next month on a tour round the islands. We were quoted a journey home which consisted of a night flight from Maui to Seattle, followed by 7 hours in Seattle then overnight to Heathrow, a longish wait in Heathrow then the shuttle to Manchester (which would probably be cancelled anyway). As two over 70 year olds that journey would probably finish us off. Still going to go, maybe next year but will do our own planning.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 22, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lola View Post
We looked at going next month on a tour round the islands. We were quoted a journey home which consisted of a night flight from Maui to Seattle, followed by 7 hours in Seattle then overnight to Heathrow, a longish wait in Heathrow then the shuttle to Manchester (which would probably be cancelled anyway). As two over 70 year olds that journey would probably finish us off. Still going to go, maybe next year but will do our own planning.
Maybe you should look at a few days layover going out and coming back.
This helps lessen the 11 hour time difference, enables a rest between a 10 hour and then a 5.5 hour flight and besides, enables you to experience two extra cities!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 22, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Yep, that’s the plan. We can arrange that for ourselves as been to California quite a few times. Not keen on LA but we like San Diego and San Fran.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 22, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Yep, that’s the plan. We can arrange that for ourselves as been to California quite a few times. Not keen on LA but we like San Diego and San Fran.
You and me both..
I like SFO, but Mandie is indifferent.
We both dislike LA
We both really like San Diego.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196