Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 29 Jul 22, 04:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Tilley66
Excited about Disney

Eurostar question

Does anyone know if our train is due into St Pancras for 19:45, do you think we will likely be able to get our train home at 20:25.

Is that enough time to get off the train and to our next one or am I being optimistic?

Thanks!
Tilley66 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkandfluffy
Very Serious Dibber

I think you may be pushing it for time. We left Paris on time but arrived at St Pancras 40 minutes late due to speed restrictions on the track somewhere. Does your other Train leave from the same station?
pinkandfluffy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Tilley66
Excited about Disney

Thank you, it is also from St Pancras and only a couple of platforms over.

There are more trains after so we won’t be stranded it is just £60 cheaper!
Tilley66 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
barcn
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by Tilley66 View Post
Does anyone know if our train is due into St Pancras for 19:45, do you think we will likely be able to get our train home at 20:25.

Is that enough time to get off the train and to our next one or am I being optimistic?

Thanks!
It’s possible but you’re relying on Eurostar arriving on time and also you would need to get off sharpish and beat a big part of the crowd to passport control - would help if your seats are near the front of the train
barcn is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
zephyr148
Getting to know the DIBB

There’s no passport control when you arrive in St Pancras. The UK border checks take place in France before you board.

So in St Pancras you just walk off the train and into the station. There’s a chance however that Customs will stop people for a random search.

Then as others have noted, the main worry is the Eurostar arriving on time!
zephyr148 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Tilley66
Excited about Disney

Thanks everyone, we have decided to just take the chance and booked it, in the hopes that if we get delayed they will let us change it, get on the next train or we will just have to suck it up and buy new tickets.
Old 29 Jul 22, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
barcn
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by zephyr148 View Post
There’s no passport control when you arrive in St Pancras. The UK border checks take place in France before you board.

So in St Pancras you just walk off the train and into the station. There’s a chance however that Customs will stop people for a random search.

Then as others have noted, the main worry is the Eurostar arriving on time!
That’s not the case at present when travelling back from Disney. We came back from DLP last week through St Pancras and went through passport control manned by UK officers. In fact it’s the other way round - French border control check your passports at st Pancras on way to DLP then there is no further passport control at Marne la Valle

Edited at 05:06 PM.
barcn is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 22, 12:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by zephyr148 View Post
There’s no passport control when you arrive in St Pancras. The UK border checks take place in France before you board
I'm afraid that's incorrect - I think it's true for indirect trains but not for direct. We waited about an hour at St Pancras to go though passport control and missed our train.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 22, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
zephyr148
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by Tinkjon View Post
I'm afraid that's incorrect - I think it's true for indirect trains but not for direct. We waited about an hour at St Pancras to go though passport control and missed our train.
Thanks for correcting me! I’m used to doing the direct Paris-St Pancras route weekly where there are no checks on arrival.

But, I’ve just read on the Eurostar sire that the Brussels/Lille (includes Disney direct) - St Pancras route will often have additional checks.
zephyr148 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 22, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
bobafettbach
Getting Excited

So are there passport checks for direct DLP-London or not at St Pancras? I’m reading conflicting info online. There wasn’t last time we did the direct route and the only checks were in France, but that was 6 or 7 years ago.