Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 9 Aug 22, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Wow Michelle where to start!

First up I’m with you on seat recliners and kickers 😡
I fear you have the same notice on your back that attracts the idiots on the plane as me, if there is to be an irritating passenger anywhere in the vicinity they will ALWAYS sit near me!
Phew now that rant is over let’s get onto the food 😂

I can’t tell you how happy I am to see the buttermilk chicken on the Bahama Breeze menu! When we visited the one in Delaware at Easter it wasn’t on their menu so had to go for a grilled chicken dish which was nice but nothing in comparison to it being deep fried 😬. I even went as far as taking BB off the list of restaurants so now I’m going to have to find a space to put it back in!

No wonder Cooper didn’t feel 100% with the amount of food he ate but thank god he made a recovery, boys eh! 😂

It was the American Slam I have at Denny’s not the Grand Slam, don’t know what I was talking about 🤦. It’s so good and nowhere does hash brown like they do!

Cocktails and dinner look fab, sometimes the simplest and not photo worthy looking food is the best tasting. That grouper does sound really yum!
Wow, the key lime Pina colada has my name written all over it, I’m going to HAVE to find a place on AMI that can recreate one! I know the Sandbar does a key lime martini but I’ll hope that they can make it with Pina colada mix instead!

I can confirm that the Publix Key Lime pie is the best out there. I’m with Adam that it’s my favourite EVER dessert, makes a good breakfast too 😉

I can’t believe Walmart didn’t have M&Ms, however I spy Ghiradelli which is also my fave. I’m definitely going to be bringing all 3 of those Ghiradelli ice cream sauces home with me, after this wedding my diet will well and truly be out of the window and I’m just going to gorge going into Autumn and Winter 🤣

I hope today is filled with sunshine for you 😘

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Wow Michelle some great food choices
For breakfast I’m team Michelle, a clear winner and lays very happy if they serve up extra crispy hash potatoes 😋
I spied that Cooper consumed 2 burgers today and declare his chicken burger to be my winning dinner choice ! And to accompany I would definitely of tried the key lime colada with a side of key lime pie …… heaven
I have the Publix one on my to try list as several Dibbers have declared it to be the best , although I do love the key lime cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory ( especially for breakfast
Great little Walmart shop and my favourite sort of trip photos too , great ghirardelli display and I’m actually one of those shoppers who actually buy the giant cheese balls
💖💖💖x
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
love your Walmart haul- so many great snacks! well done on resisting the urge to buy all that Ghiradeli (although I am sure you already have some to pick up from your fairy shopper) I wont show Brett the picture of Cooper- he loves those crisps and will no doubt want to fill the suitcase with those!
Nicki, if I could fit that jar of cheese balls in my luggage I would totally bring it back for Brett! 😋

We haven’t purchased any chocolate yet, I didn’t want it melting on any of our hotel moves. 😁

Cooper is loving the snacks and I don’t mind the alcoholic seltzers. 😉 xxx
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Breakfast at Denny looked fab I'd have liked your breakfast I think with the cheesy eggs. Yummy, but I'd have needed Adam's coffee to go with it.

The chocolate fudge sundae used to be a thing in the UK Maccies as I always used to get this on a Friday after school as a teenager in the early 90s before getting the bus home. It was a Friday treat for us. A shame they don't do it anymore.

Ooh, your bathroom with the marble tiles is exactly the type of marble I want in my en suite! 😆 it looks great.

A shame about the sunshine being a bit lacking at first. Fingers crossed it clears up for you. It's a little cloudy here today, but we are enjoying the pool. It's Dave and I, plus a couple in their 70s, so just us oldies at the Boardwalk Villas pool this morning!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Wow Michelle where to start!

First up I’m with you on seat recliners and kickers 😡
I fear you have the same notice on your back that attracts the idiots on the plane as me, if there is to be an irritating passenger anywhere in the vicinity they will ALWAYS sit near me!
Phew now that rant is over let’s get onto the food 😂

I can’t tell you how happy I am to see the buttermilk chicken on the Bahama Breeze menu! When we visited the one in Delaware at Easter it wasn’t on their menu so had to go for a grilled chicken dish which was nice but nothing in comparison to it being deep fried 😬. I even went as far as taking BB off the list of restaurants so now I’m going to have to find a space to put it back in!

No wonder Cooper didn’t feel 100% with the amount of food he ate but thank god he made a recovery, boys eh! 😂

It was the American Slam I have at Denny’s not the Grand Slam, don’t know what I was talking about 🤦. It’s so good and nowhere does hash brown like they do!

Cocktails and dinner look fab, sometimes the simplest and not photo worthy looking food is the best tasting. That grouper does sound really yum!
Wow, the key lime Pina colada has my name written all over it, I’m going to HAVE to find a place on AMI that can recreate one! I know the Sandbar does a key lime martini but I’ll hope that they can make it with Pina colada mix instead!

I can confirm that the Publix Key Lime pie is the best out there. I’m with Adam that it’s my favourite EVER dessert, makes a good breakfast too 😉

I can’t believe Walmart didn’t have M&Ms, however I spy Ghiradelli which is also my fave. I’m definitely going to be bringing all 3 of those Ghiradelli ice cream sauces home with me, after this wedding my diet will well and truly be out of the window and I’m just going to gorge going into Autumn and Winter 🤣

I hope today is filled with sunshine for you 😘
Hello Alicia!
Yes, I remember your irritating passenger from your last flight. 🙄 there is always one!

Adam loves the buttermilk fried chicken at BB so much, I was shocked to see the portion size though. 😱 that’s when you know you are back in America 😉

I agree the American slam is perfect and those has browns are super crispy but not oily, it’s like magic. 😆

You would have loved that Key Lime Colada, it was super creamy and with some lovely lime freshness. It was very rich and very filling and fingers crossed you can get one in AMI. 😍

Honestly I don’t know how I missed the Publix Key Lime Pie, I feel like we are the last people on earth to know this life changing information! Adam is now desperate for a Publix. 😁

I have never seen the ghiradelli sauces before, they looked amazing 🤩 the stores were much emptier than I remember. We will definitely pop back for a proper shop before we get to Disney as we won’t have the car after that.

This morning has been perfect and we managed some beach and pool time. Not long for you now, I hope the packing is going well. 💖 xxx
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Wow Michelle some great food choices
For breakfast I’m team Michelle, a clear winner and lays very happy if they serve up extra crispy hash potatoes 😋
I spied that Cooper consumed 2 burgers today and declare his chicken burger to be my winning dinner choice ! And to accompany I would definitely of tried the key lime colada with a side of key lime pie …… heaven
I have the Publix one on my to try list as several Dibbers have declared it to be the best , although I do love the key lime cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory ( especially for breakfast
Great little Walmart shop and my favourite sort of trip photos too , great ghirardelli display and I’m actually one of those shoppers who actually buy the giant cheese balls
💖💖💖x
Thanks Emma, I seem to always get the same thing at Denny’s but I don’t want to try anything else and be disappointed 😬 crispy hash browns are my life! 🤩

😂 your perfect meal really does sound perfect. Cooper is a chicken burger aficionado, I am a novice cocktailer but I don’t let that stop me and Adam is key lime pie obsessed. I think we are currently in the perfect country. 🇺🇸

Cooper just cringes when I take random grocery store pics and you should see his face when I make all the logos on the bottles face the same way 😂 it just makes for a better photo. 😆 I refuse to buy the giant cheese ball bottle as I know I would consume the whole thing on my own. 🤣 💕 xxx
Old 9 Aug 22, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Breakfast at Denny looked fab I'd have liked your breakfast I think with the cheesy eggs. Yummy, but I'd have needed Adam's coffee to go with it.

The chocolate fudge sundae used to be a thing in the UK Maccies as I always used to get this on a Friday after school as a teenager in the early 90s before getting the bus home. It was a Friday treat for us. A shame they don't do it anymore.

Ooh, your bathroom with the marble tiles is exactly the type of marble I want in my en suite! 😆 it looks great.

A shame about the sunshine being a bit lacking at first. Fingers crossed it clears up for you. It's a little cloudy here today, but we are enjoying the pool. It's Dave and I, plus a couple in their 70s, so just us oldies at the Boardwalk Villas pool this morning!
The cheesy eggs were perfect Abby and Adam really likes their coffee too.

I’m so sad that they did have the sundaes but not anymore 🥲

The bathroom looks so good, I will take more pics and send them through to you. They even have a seat in the shower (that is my dream shower!).

Weather is gorgeous today and we have had a swim at the beach and then Adam and I swam in the pool while Cooper went to the gym. Im glad to hear we aren’t the only oldies hanging out in the pool. 😘 xx
Old 9 Aug 22, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Thanks Emma, I seem to always get the same thing at Denny’s but I don’t want to try anything else and be disappointed 😬 crispy hash browns are my life! 🤩

😂 your perfect meal really does sound perfect. Cooper is a chicken burger aficionado, I am a novice cocktailer but I don’t let that stop me and Adam is key lime pie obsessed. I think we are currently in the perfect country. 🇺🇸

Cooper just cringes when I take random grocery store pics and you should see his face when I make all the logos on the bottles face the same way 😂 it just makes for a better photo. 😆 I refuse to buy the giant cheese ball bottle as I know I would consume the whole thing on my own. 🤣 💕 xxx
Overloading in the USA 🇺🇸 is totally acceptable Michelle 😋
I’m sure the staff in the supermarkets are very grateful to you tidying the shelves up for them too !
💖💖xx
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Day 2
We were all up early again this morning. Still working on the jet lag. Breakfast was at First Watch, there are several in Naples and a couple in Orlando- they are also a firm family favourite.

They bring coffee along with the menus (Adam was happy!).

Cooper already knew he wanted the Belgian Waffle as it has had it previously. He added some million dollar bacon to it. The waffle was hot, fresh and really flavourful and the bacon had a lovely maple flavour.

Adam had the biscuits and Turkey gravy with eggs and home fries. Now this dish is not the prettiest it it does deliver. Rich savoury gravy and light buttery biscuits. This defeated Adam, it was such a big portion.

I chose the chickichanga. It was spicy, creamy and just really tasty. The home fries were crispy and well seasoned. I enjoyed every mouthful and would absolutely order it again!

The service was excellent and the food was fantastic- this is my most favourite breakfast restaurant ever. 😍

We had popped our swimming things in the car and headed towards Lowdermilk Park. You can’t park at the end of the streets at the beach anymore (this apparently changed 2years ago and is now resident only permit parking). You need to pay $3 per hour to park at Lowdermilk Park and they have machines to make payments. You can also park at the pier. We had a brilliant time swimming and throwing a fake American football.

It really is paradise and I could have honestly stayed all day! We were just so thankful for some beautiful weather. Xx

Edited at 08:54 PM.
Old 9 Aug 22, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Adam and I decided to have some pool time while Cooper went to the gym. The temperature was perfect and it was pretty quiet which was great.

The boys were hungry after the swimming and the gym so they decided on a quick Culvers burger.

Adam had the Culvers Bacon Deluxe with fries and a root beer. It is easily his favourite burger ever. All the food is cooked to order so it is hot and fresh.

Cooper had the crispy chicken burger with fries and a Pepsi, he inhaled this!

I wasn’t super hungry so I chose a chicken and cashew salad with buttermilk ranch dressing. This had plenty of cherry tomatoes, chicken, cheese, lettuce and cucumber and it was just the right size.

Then we got caught in a massive thunderstorm- the rain was torrential and we could barely see out the windscreen.

There was a Hobby Lobby about 4 minutes up there road so I told Adam it would be better if we waited out the storm in there. 😉😆 I had a great time shopping and by the time I was done the storm had rolled by us.

We stopped at Kilwins ice-cream for afternoon tea (Cooper was hungry again!).
Cooper had two scoops of vanilla- I think there was too much choice for him and he panicked. 😱 he did really enjoy it though.

Adam chose Marshmallow S’mores and Dulce de leche with hot chocolate fudge. His favourite was the s’mores and I didn’t even get to taste them as he had finished before I remembered to ask. 😂

I ordered the toasted coconut and the New Orleans butter pecan. They were both so good and I could not pick a favourite. Mine was topped with cream and hot chocolate fudge.

We are now back in the room, resting after our ice-creams. Eating is exhausting 😬🤣 xx

Edited at 09:12 PM.