Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 31 Jul 22, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mind blown - cooking stuff.

I was today years old when I discovered;

1. You can cook raw spaghetti in with the meatballs/ tomato sauce pan and, as long as you add a wee bit of extra liquid, it comes out cooked and ok. In fact better than adding cooked pasta to the sauce cooked separately.

2. When making a white sauce you can lob it all in the pan together, heat it gently while whisking all the time and the white sauce is fine!

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 22, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
I do the white sauce thing but not the spaghetti as I tend to cook my pasta sauces for hours.
I do add orzo (small rice shaped pasta) to my casseroles though about 20 minutes before the end of cooking, thickens the sauce and no need for any other carbs

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 22, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by Sue View Post
I do the white sauce thing but not the spaghetti as I tend to cook my pasta sauces for hours.
I do add orzo (small rice shaped pasta) to my casseroles though about 20 minutes before the end of cooking, thickens the sauce and no need for any other carbs
I’m using orzo much more now, it’s so versatile and hard to mess up!

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 03:27 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

The white sauce it funnily enough called the All in One method. Learned that at school in domestic science!
I don't like my pasta cooked in sauces it goes too soft, I have it Al dente.
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 04:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Heck I’ve being doing the all,in one method for years but now I just use corn flour and milk a calorie choice honestly you won’t notice the difference especially if adding cheese garlic herbs wine etc
I love orzo but I have to buy the gluten free version here in Florida when I’m out never seen it in the Uk
My big cooking moment only discovered in mums hand written recipe book never stew apples for apple pie slice thickly toss in corn flour and a little sugar if using cooking apples and a dash of lemon / Orange juice
Other=one use the best and freshest you can afford even if it’s a smaller portion pad it out with salad bread veg love especially if it’s a big family gathering no body cares what they are+eating
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List