Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 4 Aug 22, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
LydandJas
slightly serious Dibber

Top 5 rides for 6yo

Shoot me with your top 5 rides for young kids please!

Please add any tips e.g go there first!

X
LydandJas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

If you are onsite you will have Extra Magic Time. Get into the park for 8.30am and go straight to Peter Pan’s Flight. First thing it will be 5-10 minutes wait and that is your absolute best chance to ride it.

Otherwise, the rides open during EMT are mostly good for that age. Dumbo, Teacups, Carousel if you want those. Then through to Discoveryland and do Buzz Lightyear - again, best time of the day. Also open are Autopia and Orbitron if you want to do those. Hyperspace Mountain will be open but maybe your little one won’t be tall enough for that!

We usually get all those done by 9.30 and grab a soft drink before the rest open at 10am.

Other favourites (I don’t have children but I am a ride wimp):

Pirates of the Caribbean
Phantom Manor (it is a bit scary but tell them it is only ‘pretend scary’. Worth looking up the back story online, it is really interesting and full of detail.

It’s A Small World is my favourite, no lie.

Don’t know if your child will be tall enough for Big Thunder Mountain but that gets big queues. It is open during EMT so maybe on another day go here first.

In Studios, Ratatouille gets big queues usually. Toy Story Playland usually has manageable queues. In the new Marvel area the Spiderman ride will be hugely popular so I would definitely head there first.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
LydandJas
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for the heads up - unfortunately we are not staying on site.

Im making a list of these to remind myself next April!

My husband is a complete wimp on rides too. He won't even do spinny things 🤣🤭

My atm 5yo is tall for his age so I will look into Hyperspace Mountain.

X
LydandJas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Crush’s coaster too in the studios! I’m not a fan as it makes me sick lol but it’s such good fun! My daughter has loved this ride from about 6 years old!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
LydandJas
slightly serious Dibber

Is it really sad I have a notepad with all my plans and tips from here🤪😅

Thanks x
Old 4 Aug 22, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
LydandJas
slightly serious Dibber

Just looking up some of the ride pics. What is a 'stand by entrance?'
Old 4 Aug 22, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LydandJas View Post
Is it really sad I have a notepad with all my plans and tips from here🤪😅

Thanks x
I have all mine as notes on my phone and spreadsheets plus millions of random bits of paper all over the house to my husbands annoyance.

We are going at Christmas and mine will have just turned 7 so will have an idea then but to be honest it all depends.

How tall is your child now- then you can base most of your plans knowing they are tall enough

Have you been to Disney before- if you haven’t then your going to want to go on as much as you can, as we have been then mine aren’t bothered for things like it’s a small world again.

Does you child like rides? Like anything scary etc- my two love rides and went on haunted mansion when they were 3&4 and the 4 year old who was really tall did all the big rides at Disney world like everest and big thunder. But had they have not liked them we may have done more dumbo or Peter Pan etc.

I always make a list of must dos and then “others” so we make sure we do all the ones we need to do first then if we have time we will go and do the ones that aren’t the top choice ones. This also worked well picking characters when we went a few years ago. They picked 3 characters each that we knew we had to see then anything else was a bonus.
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
LydandJas
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
I have all mine as notes on my phone and spreadsheets plus millions of random bits of paper all over the house to my husbands annoyance.

We are going at Christmas and mine will have just turned 7 so will have an idea then but to be honest it all depends.

How tall is your child now- then you can base most of your plans knowing they are tall enough

Have you been to Disney before- if you haven’t then your going to want to go on as much as you can, as we have been then mine aren’t bothered for things like it’s a small world again.

Does you child like rides? Like anything scary etc- my two love rides and went on haunted mansion when they were 3&4 and the 4 year old who was really tall did all the big rides at Disney world like everest and big thunder. But had they have not liked them we may have done more dumbo or Peter Pan etc.

I always make a list of must dos and then “others” so we make sure we do all the ones we need to do first then if we have time we will go and do the ones that aren’t the top choice ones. This also worked well picking characters when we went a few years ago. They picked 3 characters each that we knew we had to see then anything else was a bonus.

This is all of our first time thats why I am so clueless lol. Me and hubby went Florida years ago but only ate at Planet Hollywood we didnt do Disney.

Ah ok, he is 120cm at the moment!

Thats a good idea about the top 3 characters. Do you have to pay extra for them?
X
Old 4 Aug 22, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
51-a- good year
Apprentice Imagineer

My 6 year old grandson loved Soaring - went on it 3 times !
Was just about OK on Big Thunder Mountain
51-a- good year is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LydandJas View Post
This is all of our first time thats why I am so clueless lol. Me and hubby went Florida years ago but only ate at Planet Hollywood we didnt do Disney.

Ah ok, he is 120cm at the moment!

Thats a good idea about the top 3 characters. Do you have to pay extra for them?
X
No there should be lots of characters in the park. If you download the app it will show you which ones and where.

If he is 120cm now then the only ride you can’t get on is Indiana Jones temple of peril
And he will be even taller by then!
My youngest is 4cm too short for three big rides and she is gutted. She won’t grow that much by Christmas.

As you’ve never been then go for everything. Go for the “must dos” first then everything else.
Below are all the attractions if you want put them into a list. Top ones are what we want then towards the bottom we don’t as we have either done them or will do then in Florida.

Disneyland Paris Rides

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Phantom Manor
Cars road trip
Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop
Ratatouille: The Adventure
Big Thunder Mountain
Hyperspace Mountain
Avengers assemble flight force
RC Racer
Banche – Neige et les Sept Nains
Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
Crush’s Coaster
Spider-Man Web Adventure
Pirates of the Caribbean
Buzz Lightyear laser blast
It’s A Small World
Mad Hatters Tea Cups
Peter Pan’s Flight
Les Voyages De Pinocchio
Le Carrousel De Lancelot
Dumbo The Flying Elephant
Flying Carpets Over Agrabah
Orbitron
Les Mysteres Du Nautilus
Casey Jnr – le Petit Train du Cirque
Disneyland Railroad
Alice’s Curious Labyrinth
Slinky Dog Zig Zag Spin
Autopia
Mickey’s PhilharMagic
Cars Quatre Roues Rallye
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List