Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 4 Aug 22, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

We are staying near icon park. Hotel shuttle to universal in the morning then an uber or lyft back when we are done. Costs about $9 each way roughly. Nice and easy.
Mad Hatters is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
use the uber estimate fare

uber/global/en/price-estimate/
That's helpful. Thanks.

Only problem is I refuse to use Uber. (long story but my account got hacked for an interntional journeyand I was left out of pocket due to exchange rate. Not had the app since).

I assume lyft similar cost?
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mad Hatters View Post
We are staying near icon park. Hotel shuttle to universal in the morning then an uber or lyft back when we are done. Costs about $9 each way roughly. Nice and easy.
Do shuttles get there for park opening?

I also worry how busy they get.
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Eileenhoops69
a Friend of the DIBB

Mears do free transfer to Busch Gardens , weve booked it for our trip in october
Eileenhoops69 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by tiggertastic View Post
Do shuttles get there for park opening?

I also worry how busy they get.
Depends on the hotels I imagine. Ours to disney do for the early bus, the universal one usually gets us there for around 20 past 9.
Mad Hatters is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mad Hatters View Post
Depends on the hotels I imagine. Ours to disney do for the early bus, the universal one usually gets us there for around 20 past 9.
Yeah. Id want to be there as it opened

Side note. What are Disney buses like now? Fine when we last used them
Old 5 Aug 22, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We dida variation of this , week onsite . Used Uber from MCO to Disney on arrival , Uber to I Drive , our hotel had free transfers to Universal and SW, Aquatica and DC although we never used it preferring Lyft (we talked about using the trolley bus but never got round to it).
We did hire a car as we did BG and Clearwater with an overnight after our Orlando stay before driving down to Vero to stay but for Orlando park trips we now never have one or just a couple of days hire to head to Mount Dora etc
If you are doing “just Orlando” even with extra trips for shopping and out for dinner Lyft is cheaper for us than hire hire even before the massive price hikes when you calculate hire cost plus park parking, fuel and tolls. It also means if you drink you don’t need to worry about a designated driver when going out to dinner or having drinks at EPCOT etc.
If we wanted to hit the WDW parks early we’d Lyft from our on site hotel to the park if there wasn’t a bus due imminently too.

Edited at 12:25 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 06:35 AM  
Link to this Post
beautybutterfly
Imagineer

beautybutterfly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I did it for the first time in April and I was pleasantly surprised how easy and cost effective it was! Depending where you’re staying Uber/Lyft will be anywhere between $10-25 each way to get to Disney/universal. Your most expensive will be Busch gardens but you can use the online Uber fare calculator to get a rough idea. Also means that you save on parking too because obviously with a car you need to factor that in as well as the actual hire cost - then of course there’s fuel!
Westridge North May 2014 | DLP The Kyriad March 2015 | Southern Dunes May 2015 | New York and Toronto October 2015 | Highlands Reserve DIBB villa May 2016 | LA & Vegas October 2016 | New York December 2016 | The Keys & Orlando Lake Berkley Dibb Villa April 2017 | Las Vegas MGM Grand May 2018 | Wyndham Resort iDrive April 2022 | Rosen Inn LBV Aug 2022
beautybutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

We stayed at the rosen Inn International on our last trip and I'm sure the first shuttle to the parks was 7.30am.
Could you stay in one of universals hotels on i-drive? They're not as expensive as their other ones and the shuttles to the parks start really early so you'd have extra hours there as a resort guest.
We usually use the i-ride down to seaworld/aquatica/shopping and get the free coach to BG.
We've been multiple times to Orlando and have never hired a car or used taxis
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Thanks it seems easier than I thought without a car.

Still not totally convinced it will work out cheaper as Disney hotels add a fair bit on and also having to buy food there.

Could do Disney without the car then a week on I drivewith one? It's a minefield. I Do like the convinence of a car...

We don't go shopping but did go to wall art last time but I suppose a taxi for that.

Will have to do some calculations I guess.