Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 7 Aug 22, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
10-9pm I think. 1 hour is a very conservative estimate on a shared coach. Closer to 2 hours.
I couldn’t find any other options that were affordable so we just did 2 days there on the coach and it was perfect for us and I’d do it again. Would I have liked to be there for opening, yes but neither did we want to drive or spend a fortune.

Price up transfer companies, mears runs the fidget shuttle but they also do other transfers as a taxi company. We’ve used Uber, private drivers and used skippy transportation this year as we arrived in the 3rd July.

To move between hotels I’d use Uber or Lyft - really easy.

You can’t walk to Seaworld from the Rosen point Orlando. You can get the lynx bus I believe or the Itrolley.

Can’t help at all with car stuff - we don’t drive there because it doesn’t suit us it’s not a cost comparison decision. You need to weigh up which option suits your trip best.
Sua h a shame. Went to energylandia last month. 1 bus per day get there for opening and leave 30 mins after close perfect.

Hadn't though of 2 days, but that could be an option if we go early in the week and could book a shuttle for a few days after if we didn't get all the rides done in the day. Park is 10-8 I think when we are likley to go. And want to avoid weekends...
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tiggertastic View Post
Really Sucks. That is based on the price virgin are quoting and tui was more. And includes parking. Car price has gone up since I first had a glance in the week.

A the estimate thing on uber days 80 dollars to busch and 20ish to the airport.

We will. Be staying on site for the first 6 nights so that's why eating at Disney.

I didn't particularly like driving last time and from. What I can tell toads are busier now, like the parks.
I’d expect maybe a little more than those estimates, certainly more at surge, and you should probably be adding on 20% for a tip. Virgin are certainly not cheap, if you was interesting in car hire I’d suggest checking out the car hire threads on the dibb, discount Florida car hire, us car hire, and various other options you can get reasonable price. We are paying about £860 for a 7 seater minivan for nearly 3 weeks. Depending on tickets you have, bush, seaworld etc often have free parking included.

For sure if you didn’t like driving last time, then probably not the best option based on that alone. Personally I find it easier than here in most cases.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

I’ve sort of realised that I need to get the car down to £500 before considering one, as I reckon this is what Uber for 2 weeks will cost us.

If I can’t get it down, then I’ve suggested to DH that we do 2 x 1 day hires at either end of the holiday. So we can do an initial shop without having to carry it far, and on our last day we have to be out of our accommodation for 10am, and if Virgin Disney (or wherever,) check in doesn’t re-open, we’ll need to keep our cases somewhere on the last day.

I’m just hoping prices start going down before May next year. We paid £308 for a Full Size in 2018.
2026 - maybe...
Bolto6 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bolto6 View Post
I’ve sort of realised that I need to get the car down to £500 before considering one, as I reckon this is what Uber for 2 weeks will cost us.

If I can’t get it down, then I’ve suggested to DH that we do 2 x 1 day hires at either end of the holiday. So we can do an initial shop without having to carry it far, and on our last day we have to be out of our accommodation for 10am, and if Virgin Disney (or wherever,) check in doesn’t re-open, we’ll need to keep our cases somewhere on the last day.

I’m just hoping prices start going down before May next year. We paid £308 for a Full Size in 2018.
I have considered maybe get a car for a few days at the end to get back to the airport and to busch. But the parking prices are ludicrous, busch being the most expensive...
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

You could do a grocery order online and get it delivered? Lots of threads on here about this.

DS check in is unlikely to come back any time soon by the look of it. However, there will be other ways to get round that, I’m sure. Are there luggage delivery services to MCO like AirPortr, I wonder? These pick up your luggage at your accommodation and take it to the airport for you. We used a similar service in Amsterdam and it worked brilliantly.

Or maybe there are lockers you could use where you’re going on your last day?
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
You could do a grocery order online and get it delivered? Lots of threads on here about this.

DS check in is unlikely to come back any time soon by the look of it. However, there will be other ways to get round that, I’m sure. Are there luggage delivery services to MCO like AirPortr, I wonder? These pick up your luggage at your accommodation and take it to the airport for you. We used a similar service in Amsterdam and it worked brilliantly.

Or maybe there are lockers you could use where you’re going on your last day?
I’m not a fan of grocery deliveries, I prefer to choose my items in a store, but worth considering. Thanks 😊
2026 - maybe...
Bolto6 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

I have considered maybe get a car for a few days at the end to get back to the airport and to busch. But the parking prices are ludicrous, busch being the most expensive...
If you get the Sea World/Busch/Aquatica 3 for 2 ticket that includes free parking.
2026 - maybe...
Old 8 Aug 22, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

If you get the Sea World/Busch/Aquatica 3 for 2 ticket that includes free parking.
I've been looking at the multi park passes. The 6 parks for universal and busch sea world and aqutica. Athe one that also included Disney look cheaper.

Didn't see parking included though would have to look at the price difference.

It's all so much more expensive than 9 years ago.
Old 8 Aug 22, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
£600 will get you a decent car - just need to wait a bit for prices to drop.
Add on park parking at $30 a day .
When just doing parks with a split stay I can never make car hire work financially.
We just have a hire for a few days if we are planning beach days, BG , Mount Dora or anything beyond Orlando.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

I've been looking at the multi park passes. The 6 parks for universal and busch sea world and aqutica. Athe one that also included Disney look cheaper.

Didn't see parking included though would have to look at the price difference.

It's all so much more expensive than 9 years ago.
Most of the bundled park tickets include the ticket that provides free parking in bg/sw/aq.
We paid about £400 10 years ago for Disney, universal, sq bg etc, it’s now over double that.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List