Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 5 Aug 22, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post

avengers assemble flight force closing…

Rumour today..,l

wdwnt/2022/08/avengers-a...losing-update/
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Wow! As long as it’s open next month for our trip or I’ll 5 very very disappointed family members!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
WDWNT is not generally regarded as a reliable source. I'll believe it when I see it on something more official.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post

The original source of this news is OutsideEars who are generally quite reliable when it comes to these things (although of course no fan site is ever 100% right all the time).

Based on the feedback from guests on the coaster portion of Flight Force it could well be true. At least Disney are prepared to make some improvements to the ride experience.
Old 5 Aug 22, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
chipndalefan
Excited about Disney

We have just returned from Disneyland Paris and I was disappointed with this ride, so it would be good if updates are planned.

The outside of the building looks much better, and the Iron Man animatronic in the queue is impressive, though the rest of the queue was a little bland - mainly grey corridors with a few screens and Avengers posters.

The ride itself did not have very much going on. There are a few screens where Captain Marvel and Iron Man fly past, but they are very obviously screens (much more apparent than in Space Mountain) other than that the rest of the ride it just in the dark.

I appreciate the ride is the same so they cannot change the layout etc. but I thought there would be more scenes (similar to Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind at EPCOT)

Personally I found the experience better when it was Rock & Roller Coaster as the light show and smoke effects made for a more impressive ride.
chipndalefan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by chipndalefan View Post
We have just returned from Disneyland Paris and I was disappointed with this ride, so it would be good if updates are planned.

The outside of the building looks much better, and the Iron Man animatronic in the queue is impressive, though the rest of the queue was a little bland - mainly grey corridors with a few screens and Avengers posters.

The ride itself did not have very much going on. There are a few screens where Captain Marvel and Iron Man fly past, but they are very obviously screens (much more apparent than in Space Mountain) other than that the rest of the ride it just in the dark.

I appreciate the ride is the same so they cannot change the layout etc. but I thought there would be more scenes (similar to Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind at EPCOT)

Personally I found the experience better when it was Rock & Roller Coaster as the light show and smoke effects made for a more impressive ride.
That’s a shame. I was really looking forward to this, I love rock n roller coaster but, let’s be honest, the Aerosmith theme is getting dated. Shame they seem to have rushed it.
Old 5 Aug 22, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

Not ridden it yet but seen the videos and feel very underwhelmed. They done a good job on the facade but the inside feels like a real cheap job. They've had three years to do this. It smells of budget cuts and the belief that people will still come and pay for it.

Edited at 10:51 PM.
kenville is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 22, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Logan
Imagineer

Major, Major egg on face for DLP if this is true, what a cock up! Three years to produce this, embarrassing.
Personally, I love the actual ride, any embellishments to the themeing are just bonuses.
Logan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 22, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Aerosmith have signed with Universal Music Group so Disney would have to pay more for using them - so I wonder if WDW are watching closely. Hope things improve soon.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 22, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Imagineer

We were there for opening and the queue times for this ride never seemed long, even on the evening of opening day.

I don’t know whether that’s because it’s the same ride inside and people just were not bothered or because it’s a rollercoaster and like us don’t like them.

I wasn’t overly impressed with the whole avengers area to be honest.
kathrynmc is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List