Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Aug 22, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
McBMicky
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by Greenfrog View Post
I've spoken to them several times by phone. They cannot change my short layover times and I am so stressed out about it. I have also spoken to the airline too. They can't help either.
I originally had a 2 hrs 11 mins on the way there and 1 hr 15 mins on the way back.
I now have 1 hr 35 mins on the way there and 50 mins on the way back, at Houston IAH.
Same here... I now have a 41 min layover in Denver on my return.we are a party of 11 including wheelchair so i am sure we will miss connection. Neither ocean or airline seem to be able to do anything. Plus not received our travel documents from ocean and we leave in 8 days! They are now saying we should get them 3-5 days before but I could do without this last minute stress. Especially since we paid in full in early May!
McBMicky is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 22, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Greenfrog
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

McBMicky

It's not just me then! I am so afraid of being stranded.
Disneyland Paris Santa Fe x 2, Cheyenne, Sequoia Lodge, Davy Crockett Ranch, Newport Bay Club; Disneyland Hyatt Regency Orange County, Knotts Berry Farm Hotel; Disney World I-drive, villa, soon to be LBV.
Greenfrog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 22, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

there should be a minimum connection time for each airport, you will need longer outbound as you have to clear immigration and collect your bags.

If Ocean Florida cannot ensure that you have this ( though sometimes you can still miss a flight) then they will need to find you an alternative route.

Check to see if there are any other flights to Orlando and back to the UK that you could be moved to.
Old 6 Aug 22, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Greenfrog

I have checked and there is a later flight. Neither the airline or Ocean Florida are accepting that they have any power to move us to different flights. Each company claims it is the responsibility of the other.
My standpoint is that I have paid for a package - to get us to Orlando and back.
Disneyland Paris Santa Fe x 2, Cheyenne, Sequoia Lodge, Davy Crockett Ranch, Newport Bay Club; Disneyland Hyatt Regency Orange County, Knotts Berry Farm Hotel; Disney World I-drive, villa, soon to be LBV.
Greenfrog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 22, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Nickynoonoo
slightly serious Dibber

Hey,

We are on the same flights as you I would guess. We have the same concerns, and in fact hadn’t even been advised of the latest flight times. They were update in Feb time and our layover reduced to 1 hour 55 min, but when I logged in to United Airlines app a few weeks ago I find out our domestic flight has been moved and now it’s just 1.35! Really can’t see we will make that kind of connection, well not without some serious stress.

I do know that it’s not ocean floridas fault though as the airline are the ones moving the flights.

June 05 - Villa in Kisseme
March 06 - Enclave Suites (I Drive)
April 08 - Homewood Suites (I Drive)
April 10 - Quality Inn Plaza (I Drive)
Nickynoonoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 22, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

You have bought a package with them. It's their responsibility. They could move you to another flight easily but I suspect it would cost more. Happy for them to come and explain why though. Which airline are you flying with?
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 22, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Greenfrog

It's United Airlines.

Nicky what date are you flying?

Edited at 05:26 PM.
Old 6 Aug 22, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

The good thing about it being a US airline is that they will have quite a few flights to get you on. So it may not be the one that you were supposed to be on but you'll get there. You may need to be quite firm though.
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 22, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Nickynoonoo
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Greenfrog View Post
It's United Airlines.

Nicky what date are you flying?
We fly on the 20th Aug from Heathrow. I did raise my concerns with them after the first flight change earlier this year and was told not to worry.

I then sent an email last week regarding the new times and still no reply. I have also tried calling several times but given up after 20 odd minutes as needed to do other things.

June 05 - Villa in Kisseme
March 06 - Enclave Suites (I Drive)
April 08 - Homewood Suites (I Drive)
April 10 - Quality Inn Plaza (I Drive)
Nickynoonoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 22, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
KCMUMMY
Excited about Disney

I worried about this back in 2019, but it worked out fine. Remember there will be no luggage to claim or check in to do when you disembark from MCO flight, you just need to get to the next gate for onward transit to the UK. We have 45 mins this time round, if we miss it, they need to put us on another flight as soon as.