Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 6 Aug 22, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off To Disney We Go - Day 16 - My Birthday, Magic Kingdom, Washed Out Enchantment

Day 16 – My Birthday! Magic Kingdom and A Washed Out Enchantment

This morning started with being woken again from the noisy neighbours at 7.15am they then went back in at 7.40am. I got up and made a cup of tea and some cereal and got back into bed where I opened all my birthday cards We had a laze in bed then at 8.45 got up and went in the pool and hot tub and pool for an hour.

It was really starting to heat up, we got out and had showers and chilled for a little while as we decided where to go for lunch. I tried on the 2 dresses I bought for the ball, as it happens I ended up not wearing either dress

I made Noah some fish fingers and tater tots and he took them with us for lunch (Noah enjoyed them). I wanted to go to Steak N Shake but the traffic was horrendous so we settled on Dennys as originally planned.

Lunch

So we made an early lunch for Noah to take with us as we knew he wouldn’t eat anything in Denny’s. I made him some tater tots and fish fingers (he didn’t like the fish fingers as they aren’t like ours) I had wanted to go to Steak N Shake but the traffic was saying it would take 30 minutes and I was worried we’d be late for our DAS passes.
It was very quiet in here, we were seated immediately and our server was lovely.

Caitlin ordered the kids chicken alfredo, however, the server came back after taking the order saying they didn’t have it. She ended up opting for the mac n cheese instead. She enjoyed this. I’ve actually just noticed this wasn’t adjusted on the bill!

Thomas opted for the kid’s breakfast with eggs, sausages and hashbrowns.

Chris went for the Classic Patty Melt, he enjoyed this but he enjoyed mine much more

The Big Dipper caught my eye and I just couldn’t resist, so I went for a full meal, it was my birthday after all This did not disappoint! I thoroughly enjoyed this, I only managed 1 half of the sandwich, I was a little disappointed it didn’t come with the au jus but it still tasted amazing, Chris finished off what I didn’t manage and was gutted he didn’t get the same.

I had a 20% off voucher, the bill prior to this was $43.97. We paid $43 including tip.

We all enjoyed our Dennys as usual, I had the dipper sandwich but it didn't come with any au jus it was still amazing though.

We arrived in the park at 1.30pm. Chris had made today his mission to photo as many golden statues as he could

It was another warm day so we made sure we were keeping hydrated

We saw the insta wall and Chris suggested a mini photoshoot, we came to the conclusion I will never be a model, I just feel so uncomfortable posing for pics

We headed round to Buzz Space Ranger Spin our first DAS Pass, we all enjoyed this although we did abysmally this time wish I knew what that target was that I hit last time for the 100k. For some reason there's only mine and Chris's photo not the kids

Our next DAS pass was BTM so we headed round there, it was quite busy in MK this afternoon. On the way Chris spotted a lot more of the 50th statues.

The Friendship Faire was just about to start so we found a space to watch it. It was really good, I got emotional just seeing all the characters out and about.

We then popped into the Christmas shop and ordered our 2022 bauble. This has become a tradition now, we always get a personalised bauble. Sadly I didn't actually take a photo of it! We headed round to BTM and the cavalcade was on it's way round.

We continued our walk round to BTM where I secured a return time for PP. We got placed at the back this time and everyone loved it even more.

We had a slow walk round to Peter Pan and I booked food slot at Friars Nook to grab some snacks.

Chris also managed to grab some more golden statue photos on the way.

Snack

I checked our snack list and fancied trying the tater tot loaded mac n cheese. This was so tasty, Chris and I thoroughly enjoyed this! It was mac n cheese with bacon bits, tater tots, sour cream and spring onion.

This was $12.24

Next up we rode WTP with our DAS Pass.

We then had a slow walk over to the Christmas shop to collect our bauble. I secured a food time for 7.10-7.40 at Sleepy Hollow for a spicy waffle sandwich for Chris and I to share and a funnel cake for the kids to share. We then had a nice chilled sit down near people mover before our 5.42pm Space Mountain return time.

We took Noah's pushchair on space mountain as he's been very restless today and we had to remove his balloon. We rode Space Mountain and I got a return time for Philarmagic for 10 minutes. We got to the teacups and realised that we'd left the balloon! So Thomas and Chris went back for it.

We all rode Philarmagic apart from Caitlin who didn't want to ride it. We then had a slow walk to main street to get our seat for Enchantment

You could see the storm clouds rolling in, but we were hoping it wouldn't be too long of a storm

Snack

I grabbed a Pressed Penny from Casey’s Corner which we all tried, it was ok, but not something we’d get again. We do this all the time with desserts in the US they just aren’t as nice as ours

This was approx. $7

At 7.10pm it started to drizzle by 7.30pm it was full on tropical storm we thought we'd wait it out, by 7.50pm they announced the fireworks would be delayed loads of people were leaving the park, the floor was flooded. We decided to follow suit and head out as we did the rain eased so we ummed and ahhed about heading back into the park as the queues for the monorail and ferryboat were HUGE!

We decided to go back in as it looked like the storm had headed away. We found another spot to stand and the park was much less full now! We stood near the gardens and a CM approached me and asked how many kids we had, I said 3 and he handed me 2 mickey ice cream bars and a mickey ice cream sandwich, nice little but of pixie dust

It got to 8.40pm and the storm seemed to be heading back our way and it started raining again so we decided to head out. It took 30 minutes to get on the ferry alone. As soon as we docked at the ticket and transportation centre the fireworks started. we decided to head off as it was raining quite heavily again, it took 1hr 20mins from leaving the park to the villa

We drove home with the heating on full blast just to warm us through and try and dry off a little

Back in the villa we all showered and put pj's on, Noah had supper and went to bed as it was gone 10.30pm now Caitlin whinged and moaned as her phone wouldn't charge because of the water in the port

Dinner

The kids had eaten their packed lunches whilst we waited for the fireworks (before the storm) I put some chicken tenders in the oven and made Chris and I chicken caesar salad and texas toast as we were meant to get food at sleepy hollow after the fireworks

Edited at 11:24 PM.
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 22, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Shame about the fireworks

Joan
Old 19 Aug 22, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I hope you had a lovely birthday. It's a shame that you didn't get the lunch you wanted and that you missed the fireworks. What a lovely bit of pixie dust being given the ice creams for the kids.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 22, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Shame about the fireworks

Joan
I was gutted X

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
I hope you had a lovely birthday. It's a shame that you didn't get the lunch you wanted and that you missed the fireworks. What a lovely bit of pixie dust being given the ice creams for the kids.
Despite everything I really did, I got to spend it in Disney World and there's not many people can say that It was so lovely of the CM and the kids enjoyed them too xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 22, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Happy birthday! How fun to spend it in MK. It looks like you had a good day with lots of characters and rides, I also loved the golden statues. A shame about the storm at the end of the day and the fireworks being cancelled.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List