Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 6 Aug 22, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Leebie3376
Proud to wear my Ears

Another Visitor Toll Pass question

Hi there, so I’ve got the app and understand the process (thanks to all the helpful previous posts!).

I’ve just watched a video on YouTube where a user was trying to obtain the pass at the kiosk 11 minutes after their stated arrival time and the full booking had disappeared as they were ‘late’ meaning they had to reset all their information up in the app.

How would I know my exact arrival time given security queue and baggage reclaim?!
Leebie3376 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

You won’t know an exact time as it’s impossible to tell, I would set my arrival time about an hour after I was supposed to land, if I was longer and I was marked as “late” then I’d just re do all the info on the app and then collect my pass whilst frustrating it’s not the end of the world
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
As Orlandoguy says it's absolutely impossible to "guess" with any accuracy the time that you'll pick the tag up. Flight delays and anything between 15 minutes to 2 hours to get through immigration and baggage claim.

In my experience you'll need to be on wifi anyway to collect and activate the tag and it's a minute's job to go on the app and change collection time from 16.00 to 16.55 for example. You need to open the app anyway to either scan the QR code or get a alpha/numeric code to enter if QR fails.

Incidentally our mobiles stay on flight mode from leaving the UK to returning home. Picking up MCO wifi won't affect that.

Mick

Edited at 10:40 AM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Leebie3376
Proud to wear my Ears

Great thanks both!
Leebie3376 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

What is the app called please?
Old 8 Aug 22, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
What is the app called please?
Funnily enough it’s called “ visitor toll pass” 😀
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Visitor Toll Pass

visitortollpass/

I've been called (in a nice way I hope ) the VTP sales director for the DIBB because I've started around 6 different threads after raising Dibber's queries with the VTP guys.

The FAQs on the web site answer basically averything.

Put the app on the phone and enter your details, walk over to level 1 side A (at present ) and collect the tag, hang it on your rear view mirror and off you go,

Mick
Old 8 Aug 22, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
PS

To save you reading them all I've summarised my questions to the VTP in post #9 here

https://DIBB.in/15572111

Also an answer to a question which I haven't put to VTP

Mick

Edited at 08:10 AM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Dom and Sarah
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Just to hijack this post a little. Do you know if you can use this VTP service if you are picking the car up from MCO, but flying back from Miami? Do they have drop-off boxes for VTP at Miami?
Dom and Sarah is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Dom and Sarah View Post
Just to hijack this post a little. Do you know if you can use this VTP service if you are picking the car up from MCO, but flying back from Miami? Do they have drop-off boxes for VTP at Miami?
Yes you can but you should post the tag back before you leave the USA or lose the $10 deposit. Regular and reliable Dibbers have done it.

The only drop boxes are at MCO

Make sure that you leave it until the last minute to post it back.

If you return to MIA using the Turnpike you'll need the VTP - or use the 27

Mick

Edited at 11:23 AM.