Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 7 Aug 22, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Shame you had a bad experience, we are planning on eating here, what was the food like ?
Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Treehouse, Beach Club, Coronado Springs Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort, Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort, Disneyland Villa's, Aulani
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadot
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
Our experience, they have always cleared the plates sooner rather than later and brought the check. There has never been a rush to leave.
I personally would rather have the check then wait for it to arrive, far more annoying.🤔
Yes, and if you decide you want desserts they just take the bill away and do a new one no problem.
Floridadot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Personally I love it when they bring the bill early. They can bring it as soon as I’ve ordered if they want. If I decide to have dessert I’ll order and they’ll have to bring a new one. I never understand why it’s considered rude by many to get the bill whilst eating. Must be a generation thing as my parents were like that.

My biggest annoyance is being ready to go but not leaving for 10/15/20 mins because you have to spot your waiter, ask for the bill, get the bill, pay the bill etc.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

I think it is a cultural thing as over here, bringing the bill is a sign the meal is over but Americans don’t see it that way.

I’ve noticed this when in Orlando with my BF, who is American. When the bill arrives, if we’re still eating or have drinks etc. it doesn’t faze him and he’ll just carry on talking, drinking etc, even asking for another refill or one to go. Then eventually, when we’ve finished, he’ll deal with the bill but it’s very much at his own pace and the servers don’t seem put out at all so I don’t think there’s an expectation to settle the bill immediately.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Sorry you had a bad experience with your server.

I really like the food there and they’ve made adjustments for my low carb diet both times I’ve eaten there. Loved it the first time everything was perfect.

We were upstairs this time which I didn’t really like and our server whilst ok was not a patch on the one we had the first time.

We’d go back again though.
Old 7 Aug 22, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Your description is how it's done in the US. As someone said, this has been discussed many times but it really boils down to 'When in Rome'.

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Just to clarify, I’m all for efficiency and also clearing away some things (eg starters or side plates no longer needed), but never in ~10 years of coming to the US have we been asked if we want dessert when still eating our mains (1 of which hadn’t even arrived yet due to their mistake) and then have a server leave the bill and walk past tapping it saying “we good yet?” each time (again whilst delayed meal is not even half eaten).

Everywhere else we’ve eaten the last 2 weeks (Citywalk or broader) have been different to this or what I would call normal.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I like the dishes being taken when I have finished. That way I can put my elbows on the table. A habit I used to get a wallop for doing by by Mother in the 1960's!

With regards to the check arriving in the folder I just ignore it completely until I am ready. Nobody but nobody rushes me. Sometimes they have taken it and brought it back when they realised nothing is in it.

OP. As regards the server hassling you I wouldn't even have answered him and just kept talking to my Wife.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Just to clarify, I’m all for efficiency and also clearing away some things (eg starters or side plates no longer needed), but never in ~10 years of coming to the US have we been asked if we want dessert when still eating our mains (1 of which hadn’t even arrived yet due to their mistake) and then have a server leave the bill and walk past tapping it saying “we good yet?” each time (again whilst delayed meal is not even half eaten).
OK, that does change things for me. That would come into the category of bad service, and I would have asked for a manager and explained that if the guy wanted a tip, he should cool off and leave you alone to finish your meal.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Holiday time
Serious Dibber

That does not sound like a good experience. I have to say the server we had at Bigfire also wasn’t great. We had to go on a search mission to order drinks a couple of times. It also grated when he kept calling us ‘family’ ( as in ‘hello family’, ‘are you ready to order family’ etc.). DH didn’t seem to mind so I was clearly in a tetchy mood 😂
Holiday time is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List