Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Aug 22, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Imagineer

We recently bought IT hand luggage from matalan, they fitted within the EasyJet overhead size and we fitted plenty in for our trio to Disneyland Paris.

My older daughter has taken hers with her on her travels, she’s been gone almost 3 weeks. It fitted everything she needed and was light enough for her to lift etc.
kathrynmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Make sure you check the airline sizes for hand luggage. We almost got caught out this summer as we have 1 wheeled hand luggage case between us for hand luggage that have always been accepted in the past but this summer they had reduces the size so had to use 2 smaller bags instead.

One family coming home, had wheeled suitcases as land luggage and they had to pay a lot of money to upgrade, apparently nobody said anything on the way out though.
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
Our Tripp cabin luggage has been going for about 5 years

its called "holiday 6" tripp/tripp-slate-...suitcase/p3045

£59.50 0n the Tripp website, its been on 4 trips in the last year and will be going on two more in the next few months so they get a bit of a workout.
We also have these ones. They are great.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

We bought two Aerolite cases as they are the approved size for Easyjet cabin baggage. They have been brilliant. Very lightweight and easy to wheel and I have been pleasantly surprised at how much I can (cram!) fit into there.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

I bought 2 cases from Amazon a few years ago. They exactly match the BA cabin size dimensions, and also easyJet, which were the same (but you now have to pay to take that bigger cabin size on, you didn't when I bought the cases).

They were less than £30 each, don't even know the brand. but are still going strong. We are lucky enough to go away quite a lot, and I need the biggest cabin case I can to fit all my medical equipment in.

I do wish that all the airlines would have standardised sizing though, it's quite frustrating that they are all so different.
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

We are also looking for new cabin bags. The one issue we are having is that must cabin baggage is 40cm wide. Our next flight is on Delta and their width limit is 35cm. This really restricts the number of options available.
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
TheBounce
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by fizzypop View Post
Make sure you check the airline sizes for hand luggage. We almost got caught out this summer as we have 1 wheeled hand luggage case between us for hand luggage that have always been accepted in the past but this summer they had reduces the size so had to use 2 smaller bags instead.

One family coming home, had wheeled suitcases as land luggage and they had to pay a lot of money to upgrade, apparently nobody said anything on the way out though.
Thanks for this! 👍👍
TheBounce is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
LoopyLoo07
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
I bought 2 cases from Amazon a few years ago. They exactly match the BA cabin size dimensions, and also easyJet, which were the same (but you now have to pay to take that bigger cabin size on, you didn't when I bought the cases).

They were less than £30 each, don't even know the brand. but are still going strong. We are lucky enough to go away quite a lot, and I need the biggest cabin case I can to fit all my medical equipment in.

I do wish that all the airlines would have standardised sizing though, it's quite frustrating that they are all so different.
Same here, I got a pack of two cabin cases from Amazon and I think they were £25 for the two! Used them a good few times now and the only negative is that they don’t stand up by themselves, as they fall over front heavy. But they fit so much in and fit all the airlines cabin bags (larger size that you usually have to pay extra/speeding boarding though)
LoopyLoo07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
gl20
Apprentice Imagineer

Op - re your original choice of Samsonite and the reviews you’ve seen. I don’t have any experience of their after sales experience but have bought 4 cases from them over last 20 years - 2 hold bags (one of which I got in 2002) and 2 cabin bags. All still goijg strong, no problems with any of them.
gl20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
We also have Samsonite spinner cases, great bits of luggage but they are quite heavy to start with, so I wouldn't use a cabin cases.
My wife has a Samsonite spinner cabin bag - it’s a brilliant bit of kit, but very heavy. We’re flying to South Africa in February and the cabin baggage allowance is 8kg - the Samsonite weighs 4.6kg. A new lightweight bag is needed!
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List