Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Aug 22, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Lesleyta View Post
i know. It was (i think) £6.99 a day until some point this year ...something actually reduced in price! And sky roll over any unused data, i have a few gig saved up - so no worries for me
Just goes to show how much mark up the network's make when going directly to them! They just have the benefit of getting the devices before their resellers

Disney Land... Disney Land Paris
May14, Sep15... Mar17
Fatboyslick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Torypops
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fatboyslick View Post
Adding a bolt on wont automatically move you to a new tariff - they’re not allowed to move your tariff without you signing up for it.

That's really good news that the Go Roam Add-On works on your existing tariff. Ive worked in the industry for years and i know of many occasions where they build these Add-Ons but they are only compatible with recent tariffs!
Yes, that's a big help, thank you 😊
It makes sense to me now that they can't just move me to another tariff.

I think I saw something a while back in the app that looked like I could add it on. I think it was just text whatever to start it and text whatever to stop it. 🤔 I'll have to play around with the app a bit.

Hubby has bought a 3 sim and has decided to just use it all the time now and left EE. Having problem setting auto renew up but I think can add £10 per month manually.
Torypops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
A bit random and I realise how long is a piece of string but if I was to get a three PAYG simm and I used it say 6 times for sat nav , a couple of calls a week and loggin into MDE whist on the road a few times a day, do you think the 12GB would last? I’ve no idea how much I would be expected to get from 12GB?
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Originally Posted by disneytrio View Post
A bit random and I realise how long is a piece of string but if I was to get a three PAYG simm and I used it say 6 times for sat nav , a couple of calls a week and loggin into MDE whist on the road a few times a day, do you think the 12GB would last? I’ve no idea how much I would be expected to get from 12GB?

Yeah you’re totally totally fine with that. You’ll get through 1-2GB probably!

It’s streaming video and music that will eat it up - an hour on tiktok could use 80% of 1GB for perspective

May14, Sep15... Mar17
Fatboyslick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13

It’s streaming video and music that will eat it up - an hour on tiktok could use 80% of 1GB for perspective
Perfect , thanks so much!
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Mobile

That's really good to know.

I'll have 16gb and wasn't sure if it would be enough.

So with Google maps (even live) and checking the Disney app and WhatsApp, I'll be OK 👍

Just need to sort out what my husband will be using. He's on ID. Maybe I'll look at Airlo.
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyMadAng View Post
That's really good to know.

I'll have 16gb and wasn't sure if it would be enough.

So with Google maps (even live) and checking the Disney app and WhatsApp, I'll be OK 👍

Just need to sort out what my husband will be using. He's on ID. Maybe I'll look at Airlo.
Yeah I think their policy has been 12GB since they first launched their inclusive roaming and I used it on a few trips for sat nav and social media but made sure I got onto Wi-Fi where possible. The biggest issue I had was speed and sometimes it refused to connect even if it said 3G

The problem for 2022 is that 4G is now everywhere and uses more data and social media is largely video based, meaning if the kids had a Three SIM and we’re watching an hour of TikTok a day coupled with live streaming and playing online apps without Wi-Fi then they’d be eating through the allowance

May14, Sep15... Mar17
Old 9 Aug 22, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

We are here for a month and I feel short changed. DH is with O2. Doesn’t have to pay anything extra. DS13 is with Three. He somehow doesn’t have to pay anything extra either. DS16is with EE - his is £10 bolt on which I think is great value. He has had the best access to the internet and has had access to 5G for most of the holiday. I’m with Sky and it’s costing £2 a day. Most days I have it switched off so as not to get charged because £2 a day doesn’t seem a lot but it adds up if you’re away for a while and yesterday even though I switched data roaming on, it still wasn’t great.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Mobile

Yeah I think their policy has been 12GB since they first launched their inclusive roaming and I used it on a few trips for sat nav and social media but made sure I got onto Wi-Fi where possible. The biggest issue I had was speed and sometimes it refused to connect even if it said 3G

The problem for 2022 is that 4G is now everywhere and uses more data and social media is largely video based, meaning if the kids had a Three SIM and we’re watching an hour of TikTok a day coupled with live streaming and playing online apps without Wi-Fi then they’d be eating through the allowance
I'm a numpty. Forgot to mention who I'm with. Rushing trying to Dibb at work on lunch🤦🏻 I'm with EE.

Is the 12gb you mention with Three?

My month renews on the day we fly so I'll have the full 16gb. Will be getting to £10 bolt on.
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyMadAng View Post
I'm a numpty. Forgot to mention who I'm with. Rushing trying to Dibb at work on lunch🤦🏻 I'm with EE.

Is the 12gb you mention with Three?

My month renews on the day we fly so I'll have the full 16gb. Will be getting to £10 bolt on.
Yes Three only allows 12GB per month

May14, Sep15... Mar17