Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 8 Aug 22, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
abbiev
Excited about Disney

Rosen plaza with breakfast booked through British airways

Hi, we are looking at booking the Rosen plaza with British airways and it offers breakfast for an extra charge, has anyone booked the Rosen plaza including breakfast is it worth the extra cost, thank you
abbiev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
khonsu
Suitcases dusted off...

If you were staying at the Rosen Shingle Creek with not a lot around you within walking distance, I would say it's worth the money. Is it about $27-$28? Even at the RSC we found we weren't getting value for money - only because of the limited amount we ate... the buffet is absolutely amazing but we really didn't need it full on every day that we'd paid for.

I would suggest paying on a day by day basis for those days when you're wanting to really load up. The discount you get isn't huge plus some days you'll just want something from the deli or coffee shop - or even get straight out to the parks etc.

The Plaza has choice around it within walking distance as well.

2002 Enchantedland Resort, 2005 Cabana Bay, 2011 Peabody, 2014 Rosen Point Orlando, 2017 Rosen Plaza, 2019 Rosen Shingle Creek. 2020 cancelled x2, 2021 cancelled x1... May 2022 - three weeks in Rosen Shingle Creek. May 2023 Drury Plaza Disney Springs. May 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort, December 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort

Edited at 02:39 PM.
khonsu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
abbiev
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by khonsu View Post
If you were staying at the Rosen Shingle Creek with not a lot around you within walking distance, I would say it's worth the money. Is it about $27-$28? Even at the RSC we found we weren't getting value for money - only because of the limited amount we ate... the buffet is absolutely amazing but we really didn't need it full on every day that we'd paid for.

I would suggest paying on a day by day basis for those days when you're wanting to really load up. The discount you get isn't huge plus some days you'll just want something from the deli or coffee shop - or even get straight out to the parks etc.

The Plaza has choice around it within walking distance as well.
Hi, thanks for your reply, its £180 for 2 off us for 7 nights, i wasn't sure if it had hot food or just continental, we are only doing the universal parks when we move to aventura we will just be shopping and relaxing the first week

Edited at 04:18 PM.
abbiev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 05:47 AM  
Link to this Post
khonsu
Suitcases dusted off...

That’s a great offer at around £12-13 each a day. You’d probably spend that at another place for a lesser breakfast when you add in drinks and tips. (Unlimited coffee included plus a juice).

The buffet is pretty much everything you’d want from fresh fruit (strawberries/ melons etc) to full hot plate breakfast and omelette station.

I hope you have loads of fun!

2002 Enchantedland Resort, 2005 Cabana Bay, 2011 Peabody, 2014 Rosen Point Orlando, 2017 Rosen Plaza, 2019 Rosen Shingle Creek. 2020 cancelled x2, 2021 cancelled x1... May 2022 - three weeks in Rosen Shingle Creek. May 2023 Drury Plaza Disney Springs. May 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort, December 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort

khonsu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
abbiev
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by khonsu View Post
That’s a great offer at around £12-13 each a day. You’d probably spend that at another place for a lesser breakfast when you add in drinks and tips. (Unlimited coffee included plus a juice).

The buffet is pretty much everything you’d want from fresh fruit (strawberries/ melons etc) to full hot plate breakfast and omelette station.

I hope you have loads of fun!
Thats great to hear, thank you so much 🙂
Old 9 Aug 22, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

The breakfast buffet at the plaza is actually quite good and a hell of a lot better than the dire offerings at rosen at pointe and international, I would def give it a go but wouldn’t go every day of my holiday there is a wealth of other options within walking distance that offer breakfast at great prices and just as good quality
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Shinealight
Getting Excited

We didn't have breakfast when we stayed at the Rosen Plaza (fantastic Hotel, btw) simply because there was lots of choices nearby and we liked to have something different. We loved Denny's & Perkins.
Shinealight is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by abbiev View Post
Hi, thanks for your reply, its £180 for 2 off us for 7 nights, i wasn't sure if it had hot food or just continental, we are only doing the universal parks when we move to aventura we will just be shopping and relaxing the first week
Is that £180 each or total for both of you ? If it’s the latter then it’s a bargain. The buffet has a good choice - from continental (cheese, ham, bread), a choice of cereals, bowls of fresh fruit (berries etc) pastries, yoghurt, porridge (oatmeal) which I have with raisins, milk and a sprinkle of brown sugar). Plus hot - scrambled egg, bacon, sausages. It used to include a glass of fruit juice but I’m not sure nowadays. Coffee is extra but you get as many refills as you want.

As said above, it’s unlikely/impossible to eat your way through it all in one sitting. I pay the full price ($25 ish) which isn’t good value for the amount I eat but I treat myself once or twice if I’m planning a pool morning.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Another thought. If you are hiring a car, check if BA include the daily self-parking fee. I don’t know how much it is at RP but it was expensive at Rosen Shingle Creek when I was there this April - can’t remember if it was $18 or $25 per day 🤬. I booked with Virgin Holidays and self parking (not valet parking) was included. That was a good saving.

It’s a fab hotel, you’ll enjoy it.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
abbiev
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Is that £180 each or total for both of you ? If it’s the latter then it’s a bargain. The buffet has a good choice - from continental (cheese, ham, bread), a choice of cereals, bowls of fresh fruit (berries etc) pastries, yoghurt, porridge (oatmeal) which I have with raisins, milk and a sprinkle of brown sugar). Plus hot - scrambled egg, bacon, sausages. It used to include a glass of fruit juice but I’m not sure nowadays. Coffee is extra but you get as many refills as you want.

As said above, it’s unlikely/impossible to eat your way through it all in one sitting. I pay the full price ($25 ish) which isn’t good value for the amount I eat but I treat myself once or twice if I’m planning a pool morning.
Thank you It's £180 for both of us, glad to hear it's worth paying the extra, i have just checked and it says on our booking no resort fee, free parking and free transport, thank you for posting about the parking charges as i never thought to check