Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 9 Aug 22, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Evening Parking at Disney - cost?

We are planning on going to Magic Kingdom this evening with the intention of watching the fireworks. Do Disney do free parking after a certain time like Universal do?

Thank you.🤗
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Sometimes you turn up and you are waved through, sometimes they ask you to pay. No guarantees either way.
Old 9 Aug 22, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

We've turned up at 8 before and had to pay and sometimes we've turned up at 7 and no one was manning the booths. You are best to always budget for it and if you don't have to pay it is a nice surprise.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
Sometimes you turn up and you are waved through, sometimes they ask you to pay. No guarantees either way.
Originally Posted by MrsEgg View Post
We've turned up at 8 before and had to pay and sometimes we've turned up at 7 and no one was manning the booths. You are best to always budget for it and if you don't have to pay it is a nice surprise.
Thought this was the case. Thank you both.

I best check the weather. I don’t want to pay $25 for parking for a massive storm to come through and they be cancelled.
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Animal kingdom is usually the park that can be free after 6pm. Magic Kingdom parking is usually well staffed until close sadly.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 04:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Pikeman
I want to go now!

Epcot was unmanned at 6:15 today
Pikeman is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pikeman View Post
Epcot was unmanned at 6:15 today
Magic Kingdom was manned at 7. Had to pay much to DH’s disgust. Not because he had to pay - but because I was right. 😂 I told him we’d have to pay and we did.
Old 11 Aug 22, 03:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Dogjen
Earning More Ears

On Monday we had to park hop to Animal kingdom so we could go to Magic Kingdom for the fireworks (not able to book Magic Kingdom) just after 7 there was nobody in the booths at Animal kingdom, rode on Everest twice then car to Magic Kingdom at around 8 and again nobody in the booths.
Dogjen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Ram1500
Earning More Ears

We’ve done this a few times over the past few weeks. It’s a total lottery at MK. I’ve been through and the booths have been unmanned and times when we’ve had to pay always around 1900. (I always do the MK fireworks on an MK day or a day when I’ve already paid the $25 for car park at another Disney park to really get my money’s worth. Rather than pay $25 for a couple of hours!)
Ram1500 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List