Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Aug 22, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by johnb View Post
Am I missing something? Until now, haven't we always been able to select our preferred premium seats free of charge? Same choice, same control. So what is new, other than they are to start charging a fee?
Nothing new- just £55 lighter in the wallet, isn't that nice of them giving you more 'control' and 'choice'
Old 9 Aug 22, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Having seen the Head for Points pictures of where the seats are I can see this being extended to the whole cabin within 2 years. If they do then that will be the end of us as travellers with them as we can get BA seat allocation for free.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by johnb View Post
Am I missing something? Until now, haven't we always been able to select our preferred premium seats free of charge? Same choice, same control. So what is new, other than they are to start charging a fee?
It was a cut and paste from their email - I can't answer you except I can see the logic. Following BA - what I fail to see is why just a few seats and not all of them ? I can see this coming for all of economy and PE then Upper - maybe silver and gold free ? I am speculating - BA charge a whack for their business class seats if you are not silver/gold/premier members
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Having seen the Head for Points pictures of where the seats are I can see this being extended to the whole cabin within 2 years. If they do then that will be the end of us as travellers with them as we can get BA seat allocation for free.
They haven't extended this in Economy from what I can recall so I don't see why they would in PE. The seats they've picked are ones I wouldn't choose anyway so no problem for me at the moment. I'm trying to get enough points for Gold but may not make it
unixgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

Premium seats in premium economy! I thought they were all premium 🤣🤣 another way to rake more money in !
Mrs sun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs sun View Post
Premium seats in premium economy! I thought they were all premium 🤣🤣 another way to rake more money in !
Thats a good one 👍🏻
Some are more premium than others, it appears (Animal Farm 1945)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Thats a good one 👍🏻
Some are more premium than others, it appears (Animal Farm 1945)
Hmm ...4 legs good
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
If they need every penny they can then this is an easy revenue maker. It's not as if others arn't doing it.

Race to the bottom as usual- shame
Shame? Woukd you prefer Virgin to go the way of FlyGlobespan? Or any other cheap as chips bankrupt airline?
Shame is those who really don’t care for the staff who work for airlibes, hotels, car hire firms, so long as they can get their cheap as chips once a year holiday.
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
Shame? Woukd you prefer Virgin to go the way of FlyGlobespan? Or any other cheap as chips bankrupt airline?
Shame is those who really don’t care for the staff who work for airlibes, hotels, car hire firms, so long as they can get their cheap as chips once a year holiday.
Stop trolling. The airlines have been racing to the bottom for years.

Somehow now me not liking an extra fee is me wanting people to loose their jobs?

And when had virgin ever been a cheap as chips airline? It is (was) full service last time I looked.

This is a shame but very predictable. It's more a shock they didn't introduce it when they started charging for economy seats
I assume upper will probably be next. BA can charge an extra 300 pp return trip in club and people must pay it or they would have stopped it.
No doubt virgin have heavy debts and need every penny. But some of it was their own doing given the corporate structure meant they did not qualify for handouts like a lot of other air lines.Even wizz air which is based in Europe qualified for covid help. Virgin chose to structure themselves the way they did and things like this is now the consequence.
Old 9 Aug 22, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mary A View Post
Head for points have an article which shows the preferred seats
headforpoints/2022/0...onomy-seating/
Hoping we are ok then we have rows 22 & 23 ?
I actually changed these a couple of weeks ago as we were
20 & 21 😅
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List