Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 9 Aug 22, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
nape dog
Proud to wear my Ears

Davenport

Hi all
Stuck at work and have limited time to research, so hoping the kind Dibbers can help here.

Flying tomorrow and have only just received the allocation on arrival villa details from BA. Seems we are in Davenport, and having only ever stayed on International Drive (barring 1 villa stay in Lindfields off 192 in 2012), we're totally unaware of what is in the area.

We're used to using the Target / Walmart and other restaurants on the 192, as well as some restaurants in the Int Drive area.

So am hoping that the Davenport area will have a decent selection of restaurants and supermarkets etc close by? or will we be better off heading to the 192?

Thanks all
nape dog is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Do you have the actual address? Davenport is very vague. Some of it is very close to the 192/27 junction.
Old 9 Aug 22, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
nape dog
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi
Yes it’s
Golf Course Parkway, Ridgewood Lakes
Old 9 Aug 22, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
As Donna says "Davenport" is a generic name for the area roughly along the 27 between the 192 and Posner and spreading across to Champions Gate. Actually not very near to the city of Davenport which is over on the 17.

Sorry I've just seen your other post and it's a bit south of where we stay.

Mick

Edited at 03:26 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Ridge wood lakes is just up from us
At Jct 55 where you leave the I4 you have Posner Park where you will find Target
It’s not got a huge grocery section
St Charles Plazza heading South towards Ridge Wood Lakes you have Publix and heading South past it you have Walmart Winn Dixie at Sputhern Dunes Boulevard across from there Dollar General Market and slightly further South Aldi
Happy to help if you need anything else answered
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
There's a Bob Evans on the 27 opposite Posner which is a decent family restaurant chain for breakfast and dinner. A bit further south on the other side of the 27 is Ovations Bistro which is good.

If you're prepared to travel 15 miles nearer to my area of knowledge theirs lots of restaurants on the 192 which I'm happy to post if you like (I have it saved in Word )

Excellent new Publix at 27/Bella Citta which is about 7 miles north of you.

Mick
Old 9 Aug 22, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
nape dog
Proud to wear my Ears

ah thanks for this, sounds like we'll be able to get supplies easily enough in the local area and head to the 192 for the super target etc.
We usually visit Cracker Barrell at some point, and like Perkins in Int Drive.
Had hoped to get to Aldi for general food supplies.
Bit daunting going to a new area, we always stick to what we know, but looking forward to trying something new.
Happy to accept all information and tips that people are willign to throw my way
Old 9 Aug 22, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by nape dog View Post
ah thanks for this, sounds like we'll be able to get supplies easily enough in the local area and head to the 192 for the super target etc.
We usually visit Cracker Barrell at some point, and like Perkins in Int Drive.
Had hoped to get to Aldi for general food supplies.
Bit daunting going to a new area, we always stick to what we know, but looking forward to trying something new.
Happy to accept all information and tips that people are willign to throw my way
If you know the Target (not Super anymore ) at Rolling Oaks you'll know the restaurants that I was going to suggest.

There's a Cracker Barrel on the 27 just north of Posner at Dunson

Mick
Old 9 Aug 22, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Locally you will have
At Posner Culvers , Cicis pizza Davenport Ale house and the new Honeybee BBQ
There is also Ovation Bistro across from Posner you have Bob Evans and a new fish / sea food places and of course first watch at Posner for there look for a sign up coupon
Chinese take out we use the one by Publix
South of RL you have Mannys Doras Pizza Sonny’s all the usuals Pappa zjohns McDonalds KFC etc
Southern Dunes Club house does a good breakfast and lunch
And of course there al the restaurants at Championship gate so no need to go back to the 192 unless you want too
We eat a lot in Winter Haven as we prefer the restaurants there and the smaller independent choices
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List