Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Aug 22, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
KezL
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Hels80 View Post
Ah that is a lovely thought. She’s a bit Emo so prob won’t speak to anyone and will deafen anyone in a metre radius with her taste in music. I need to do some serious grovelling at the airport.
🤞🤮🤞
How cool - I’m a 43 year old who my 13 year old calls an emo too due to my love of rock /heavy metal so if I was sat next to her I’d defo be having a chat. Try and do what you can do at the airport but other than that you’ve just got to go with it. If she has her headphones on she is at least entertained and can block others out if they make her anxious. All those movies to pick from too, she’ll love it I’m sure!
KezL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBrown
Very Serious Dibber

Recently flew BA within UK, didn’t book seats - check in 24 hours before and we were all sat together. Same on way back, actually forgot to do checkin 24 hours before but when we checked in morning of flight we were all allocated together.
Ok we couldn’t choose where we sat on plane but we were all in a line across.

Would be silly right now splitting families up with potential spread of covid. Keep those in same party together.

I know BA have had bad press lately but at least they aren’t grabbing your money to sit with those you are travelling with. Or at least I’m hoping so for out next flight.
MrsBrown is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

This is my dilema, first year where the kids are of an age they are no longer classed as children at age 13 and 14.

I like our theory of minimising spread of covid MrsBrown and it absolutely makes sense!
timnlaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

It’s just that they’ve allocated the seats now. 99% chance you’re all sat together. It’s not really anything to worry about.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDandy
Helping Donald

I think we must have hit a glitch in the system. We are a family of 4 - 2 adults, 15 year old and a 10 year old. Didn't pay for seats as had seen BA try and seat families together with children under 11 together. Logged in on Sunday to see if our seats had been allocated for our upcoming flight - theyve given us 3 together (me, my husband and 15 year old son) but given our 10 year old a seat in a different row! Bizarre! No biggey as my husband can take that seat but just thought it really strange that the system would pluck out the 10 year old to sit on his own! Especially when there are still seats together showing. Anyways, hopefully you can switch around and be seated together! Good luck
DisneyDandy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Pete1
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by KezL View Post
This is one of those things you really shouldn’t have to pay for in my view. It was never a worry years ago when I was a child and we travelled as a family. All you can do is explain to the airline staff and get there a little earlier than normal and maybe they can sort something. I have an anxious 13 year old so I know what it’s like. She may well be absolutely fine if you explain the whole scenario to her, I find that helps my daughter so she can visualise it before the event occurs. Have a wonderful time x

So everyone else is organised and pays for their seats together. And you give the airline a sob story to get seated together! 😡
Why didn't the op just book seats together when they booked the holiday?
Pete1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Hels80
VIP Dibber

Well that’s made me feel way better. Yep I’m disorganised. I logged in to book and they are all gone.
Best Western I drive 1997, Regal Palms 2009, Wedding at Beuna Vista Palace 04/08/09, Coco Key 2010, Art of Animation, RPR Universal, Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014, RPR & Disney's Swan 2017, Rosen Inn @ Pointe, Hard Rock Hotel, Port Orleans French 2018.

DLP: :
Best Western MLV 2007, Hotel Cheyenne 2008, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Kyriad MLV Torcy 2012, Hotel El'ysee 2012, Hotel Cheyenne 2013, Sequoia Lodge 2015.
Hels80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
KezL
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Pete1 View Post
So everyone else is organised and pays for their seats together. And you give the airline a sob story to get seated together! 😡
Because it’s just another rip off you shouldn’t have to pay for. Any way businesses can squeeze a bit more money out of you and they’re all for it. And as a mother of an anxious child myself it’s not what I consider a “sob story”, my daughter has been hospitalised with anxiety so I can appreciate the problem
KezL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pete1 View Post
But why should people have to pay for seats? It costs the airline nothing extra to allocate seats. It’s just a money making exercise. The old first come, first serve system was better. And.. yes.. I did pay for my seats. And resented it. But DS13 is a nervous flyer so didn’t want to take the chance.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Minniesmiff
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by DisneyDandy View Post
I think we must have hit a glitch in the system. We are a family of 4 - 2 adults, 15 year old and a 10 year old. Didn't pay for seats as had seen BA try and seat families together with children under 11 together. Logged in on Sunday to see if our seats had been allocated for our upcoming flight - theyve given us 3 together (me, my husband and 15 year old son) but given our 10 year old a seat in a different row! Bizarre! No biggey as my husband can take that seat but just thought it really strange that the system would pluck out the 10 year old to sit on his own! Especially when there are still seats together showing. Anyways, hopefully you can switch around and be seated together! Good luck
I was once travelling back from the US to LHR on my own with my then 6 and 9 year old. They called my 6 year old at the gate amongst others. When we got to the gate the assistant looked pretty shocked and told us They were overbooked and had flagged her to go on the Gatwick flight that left 20 minutes later 🙄 needless to say it wasn’t a problem but wonders never cease.
Minniesmiff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List