Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Aug 22, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Arturi123
I want to go now!

Booked for April 19th 2023 FIRST TRIP

Hi all ,

Booked a 2 week trip, 2 adults, flying from Dublin to MCO. We booked the ultimate ticket on AT, 14 days WDW and the Universal package. We are staying in Art of Animatoion for 5 days and then moving to surfside Inn for the remainder of the holiday.

We are looking to see what do people think of park plans, or it best to do all WDW parks when on that side of orlando? Where to go on Idrive is Discovery cove work it?

Any ideas or comments would be greatly appreciated as it's our first trip.

Regards

Artur
Arturi123 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Make the most of being in the WDW bubble for your first 5 nights and spend a lot of time in the WDW parks. When you move to Surfside, you’ll spend much more time at universal but I’d still plan to return to your WDW favourites a couple of times.

Discovery Cove is great but you already have a lot to fit in so you can save that for when you inevitably come back
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 06:33 AM  
Link to this Post
kikimouse
Apprentice Imagineer

Welcome! I am so excited for you. First trips are always so special.

My recommendations are as the previous poster. Make use of jetlag and early entry hoirs the first 5 days onsite. Nip back to the resort for afternoon naps and pool time and then go back in the evening.

Read a few trip reports to get an idea on what you like to do. Make a list of rides or restaurants you’ll like to visit; also another list of must do with a timeline like apply for ESTA, travel insurance, when to book hard-to-get restaurants, vaccinations, providing API for flights, getting a foreign currency card, getting US dollars, shopping for clothes etc. Things may move so keep an eye on this board for latest news.

Make a rough draft of your plans including rest days and do park reservations in advance. You’ll find your plans will change a few time and it’s ok.

Have a good time! As a planner myslef, the planning (and the frustration that comes with it) is part of the fun for me
kikimouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Discovery Cove on an ultimate is my ‘go to ‘ ticket. We buy one of those and a Universal, if staying in Orlando for long enough to justify that second purchase. Disney? I don’t bother.

Having said that, you are going for 2 weeks. I would only buy 2 of the 3 ticket groupings.
You have purchased Disney and Universal, giving you..
Magic Kingdom
Epcot
Animal Kingdom
Hollywood Studios
Typhoon Lagoon
Blizzard Beach
Universal Studios
Islands
Volcano Bay.
That is 9 parks and that before you revisit any favourites.

You may also consider
Disney Springs
Kennedy Space Centre
Legoland
Kissimmee Old town
Shopping at an outlet.

Enjoy your planning!

Edited at 07:05 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Dont try to do it all,and try and take as much in as you can!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Pep
Imagineer

I've done Disney and Universal and discovery cove/ seaworld /Aquatica in 2 weeks but it is full on and I was an experienced visitor. I would just stick to Disney and Universal this time and do Discovery another time although it is such a great park
Pep is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I would definitely stick to Disney parks when on-site at Disney and Universal when on-site at universal. That way you have the opportunity to have down days, pool days, shopping days etc. we did it all on our first trip and it was so busy, we had 16 days and we didn’t have much down time. Discovery Cove is an amazing day and well worth the money, if it’s going to be a once in a lifetime trip (we all say that on the first visit but here we are 6 years & 4 trips later &#128514 and you can afford it, I would 100% do it. It’s worth every penny.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Pep View Post
I've done Disney and Universal and discovery cove/ seaworld /Aquatica in 2 weeks but it is full on and I was an experienced visitor. I would just stick to Disney and Universal this time and do Discovery another time although it is such a great park
Exactly this. I have done all 3 in 14 from our second visit onwards to around our fifth. In the same circumstances (kids ages, cost of tickets and age of we adults), I would do exactly the same again. Not on my first visit though, when it was all new. Not on my later visits either, when the boys were bigger and they wanted the bigger rides as they were 54 inches tall.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Arturi123
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by kikimouse View Post
Welcome! I am so excited for you. First trips are always so special.

My recommendations are as the previous poster. Make use of jetlag and early entry hoirs the first 5 days onsite. Nip back to the resort for afternoon naps and pool time and then go back in the evening.

Read a few trip reports to get an idea on what you like to do. Make a list of rides or restaurants you’ll like to visit; also another list of must do with a timeline like apply for ESTA, travel insurance, when to book hard-to-get restaurants, vaccinations, providing API for flights, getting a foreign currency card, getting US dollars, shopping for clothes etc. Things may move so keep an eye on this board for latest news.

Make a rough draft of your plans including rest days and do park reservations in advance. You’ll find your plans will change a few time and it’s ok.

Have a good time! As a planner myslef, the planning (and the frustration that comes with it) is part of the fun for me
Hi there,

Thanks so much for the info. Couple of questions, is alot of cash needed? I'll need it for tips etc? Not sure what UK or Europe are but hard to get dollars in Ireland at present.

In terms of foreign currency cards , we are planning on using revolut ? Are there any other options you can recommend?

Finally , as I'll only be 24 going over we aren't going to rent a car (reason why we booked the hotels that we did) uber and Lyft the go to ?
Arturi123 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 01:11 AM  
Link to this Post
berlin
Excited about Disney

Just remember that Discovery Cove is something you pre book and not just turn up to.