Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 6 Nov 18, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
cakequeen
Gone all Goofy

Special Meal for daughters 10th Birthday !

Hello Everyone..

We will be in Florida when its my daughters 10th Birthday in March 2019. We are staying at POFQ for two weeks, we will be on the QSDP. We are not getting a hire car, so will be eating at Disney... Has anyone got any suggestions for someplace nice to go for something to eat, that's a wee bit different..? We have been to BOG before, The Rainforest Café, and the Character meals at The Grand Floridian.. I was thinking about TRex at Disney Springs..? Is there any links on here from people that have eaten there..? If our bill came to say, $100 for our food and drinks, how much tip would be expected from us..? Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thank you in advance... :
cakequeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 18, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

We are doing the afternoon tea at the grand floridian for my birthday.
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 18, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

Mobile

For me, other than the theming of the decor, T-Rex is very much like Rainforest Cafe. Why not try something like Teppan Edo at Epcot?
Old 6 Nov 18, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
redredshopper
Imagineer

Whispering Canyon Cafe - DD loved it there last year although I believe they have toned done the high jinx this year.
Old 6 Nov 18, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
If your bill is $100 then your tip will be either $18 or $20. Don’t worry they always break the tips down for you on the bill.
We went early evening 6.30pm to Raglan Road and they had some music and dancers on. What children were there loved it. The food was nice but IMO overpriced but the show made it all reasonable.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 18, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
arielred
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We went to Whisoering Canyon for my daughters 10th birthday and she had a great time..she lived the theming and they gave her a special birthday cupcake. Having says that we went to Garden Grill in our last trip and the character interaction was fantastic...if you want characters I would highly recommend that (food was great too..it’s a family style meal).

Westridge May 2006,Woodridge April 2008,
Cane Island June 2009,Club Cortile Xmas 2010
DLRP Sequoia Lodge July 2013, Bahama Bay October 2014, Regal Oaks August 2017!
arielred is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 18, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post

CRT

Eating in the castle, its special
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 18, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Bon Voyage breakfast at Trattoria al Forno is very nice. Character interaction with Rapunzel, Flynn Ryder, Ariel and Prince Eric and lovely theming. Excellent food too. Also if you let them know it’s a birthday they give a little birthday cupcake and sing Happy Birthday. My daughter loved her 18th birthday there last week 😀

It’s a set price breakfast with fruit, pastries, choice of mains including steak for breakfast and juice and coffee. Can’t remember the exact price but around $50 pp. Tips are usually 18-20% of the total bill at ts restaurants
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 18, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Seconding CRT, if she's into Disney princesses it will be a great experience eating in the castle! It's on the pricier side though as it's a signature meal.

I guess the question would be what sort of things she likes. Does she like princesses or has she gotten to the age when they're no longer cool? Does she like character meals? Is she into very themed dining experiences like Sci Fi and 50s Prime Time? Does she like more grown up experiences like California Grill? Would she think dining in a castle would be cool (CRT or Be Our Guest)?