Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 17 Nov 18, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
razorsharp192
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I would say that’s an individual thing. We stayed recently without DDP and spent just as much as DDP would have cost us.
Wouldn't that mean it's not worth paying for then? If you spent just as much on food as the DDP would've cost, then what's the incentive to buy the DDP? Different story if you get it free of course, but it doesn't sound like there's any advantage when you pay for it.
razorsharp192 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 18, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Originally Posted by razorsharp192 View Post
Wouldn't that mean it's not worth paying for then? If you spent just as much on food as the DDP would've cost, then what's the incentive to buy the DDP? Different story if you get it free of course, but it doesn't sound like there's any advantage when you pay for it.
It depends how you ate though and what you wanted to. If you had a holiday worrying about spends and ordering cheapest main on menu, no ice creams for kids and still spent same as what ddp would have cost then It would have been better to opt for ddp and have steak, alcohol and dessert.
I know sha didn’t scrimp from reading her food review but I can see why some people do like to pay for ddp for that all inclusive feel.
Whether it is worth it or not is very individual.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 18, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by razorsharp192 View Post
No because we ended up considering everything we ate. I’d rather have paid for it up front and then not worried. Actually when I calculated it out we paid slightly more than we’d have paid for DDP, the only reason we didn’t add it to our booking was that we had $200 worth of Disney gift cards so it wouldn’t have been cost effective this year.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 18, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Says who?
Many people including me!
To give you an idea, DVC owners have to pay. Poll after poll I’ve seen on DVC sites and Facebook shows around a 20% take up rate. If it were good value, DVC owners would get it in much higher numbers.
Seriously anywhere where you agree to spend all your money upfront with a single supplier, would usually attract a big discount.
With DDP, you’ve got to be selective with what you buy to even break even.
Try distripplaner.com and don’t over estimate how much you’d spend.
There’s little merit in the convenience argument in my view , you just touch a magic band anyway when paying cash, what could be more convenient.
Old 18 Nov 18, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Many people including me!
To give you an idea, DVC owners have to pay. Poll after poll I’ve seen on DVC sites and Facebook shows around a 20% take up rate. If it were good value, DVC owners would get it in much higher numbers.
Seriously anywhere where you agree to spend all your money upfront with a single supplier, would usually attract a big discount.
With DDP, you’ve got to be selective with what you buy to even break even.
Try distripplaner.com and don’t over estimate how much you’d spend.
There’s little merit in the convenience argument in my view , you just touch a magic band anyway when paying cash, what could be more convenient.
It’s not just convenience, there’s a psychological component too. It’s much more relaxing for me to know food is paid for and I don’t need to feel guilty about ordering a filet steak. We may have splashed out on our recent trip but that doesn’t mean I don’t still feel guilty about the decision to eat in Le Cellier on our last night. Value and worth are not just financial and it’s the reason I prefer the free dining offer to any room discount. It’s an individual thing so it’s not right to just state “it’s not worth it” without adding “for me”.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List