Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Jan 18, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

we did 4 parks in 1 day a long time ago (without kids).

Just picked our fav 2 rides in each park and used buses. It was harder then as there were no direct buses between parks and only the old FP machines next to the rides. It was in may so quiet parks.

We did not see much of the parks but enjoyed the rides we wanted to ride again.
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Thanks ! I’m sure if you asked my kids and mum if they thought they were fools they would probably think the same of your comment . Harsh but true. Each to their own as they say. We had a garden grill breakfast, walked straight on soarin and test track , had 1 tier fastpass for Hs and bog dinner with a fabulous evening watching the fireworks and still did mk rides , I call that great value tbh.

Op the boat between Epcot and Hs is a great way to sit , relax and watch the world go by plus they are pretty regular and about 15-20 mins drive from Epcot to mk. Top tip don’t take a bag that day ( just leave stuff in the car ) and waltz straight in, hence no queuing
?

Whereabouts in Epcot does the boat to HS go from?
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
*why* would you do this though? we've done two, and that was more than enough
Because we want too
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Powlay View Post
Whats to gain from trying to do 4 parks in a single day?

Surely unless youre going for only a couple of things the transfer time will outweigh any entertainment time?
The challenge to see if we can and a sense of achievement if we do.
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by paulandalison View Post
I take you've never been to any of the park in recent times, I don't think it would be possible tbh.
Does Aug 2016 class as recent?
Old 19 Jan 18, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by hilsey View Post
We did this on our last visit in 2016. Drove to AK first as its the furthest away park, then drove to HS, then drove to MK but got monorail to Epcot. Finally monorail back to MK for the evening and to watch the fireworks. We had set ourselves a challenge to have a snack and ride a ride in each park and had our photo taken in front of the park icon. It was a brilliant day, though tiring and we're doing it again this Summer! Do it you'll love it
Thank you for your positive and helpful reply.
I like your idea of a snack and a ride,
Old 19 Jan 18, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
I have to agree with some of the above. Why?
You are spending a fortune to be there, why would you waste so much time travelling between parks and queuing to get in.
I sort of understand the theory behind it, but nobody is going to go wow, thats an amazing achievement. More like, wow what fools. Harsh but true.
I bet your the life of the party NOT
I asked for advice on which way I should do it - I wasn't seeking permission.
Our holiday's are about what we want to do and not about what others think - who cares whether anyone thinks its foolish?
Old 19 Jan 18, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
We did three in Nov just gone, Epcot for breakfast and jumped on soaring and test track, then over to Hs in the boat for our fastpasses at lunch time , ( Epcot was going to be rammed anyway due to food and wine so not an option for us to stay there anyway ) . Then over to mk teatime for adr and then happily ever after and later opening . Didnt find it tiring at all except battling back through Epcot at 4pm to get back to the car. Did quiet a few rides but generally just soaked up the parks atmosphere.
We Avoided ak due to pandora queues and the queues just to get into the park itself which were silly everyday. It’s a great day if planned well, good luck .
That sounds great. We will do it in August so no F & W crowds which should make it easier. Thanks for you positive reply.
Old 19 Jan 18, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mysteryjimbo View Post
Personal challenge. Its quite common.

There's an ultimate MK touring plan, every attraction in MK in as fast a time as possible.

I think a car will complicate things. What do you aim to achieve? All the "headline" attractions?

I would be looking at this route as a possibility. A bit more fun than simply getting buses.

MK -> monorail -> EPCOT -> friendship boat -> DHS -> bus/minnie van -> AK

You can probably these done. Possibly a little optimistic but I think it can be done
MK: 3 mountains and SDMT by 10:30.
EP: Soarin' and TT (single rider) by 13:30.
DHS: ToT + RnR by 16:30
AK: FOP and EE by closing

Throw some FP+ in there and you're golden. Ideally FOP.
Thank you that's brill.
Old 20 Jan 18, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by wombat girl View Post
we did 4 parks in 1 day a long time ago (without kids).

Just picked our fav 2 rides in each park and used buses. It was harder then as there were no direct buses between parks and only the old FP machines next to the rides. It was in may so quiet parks.

We did not see much of the parks but enjoyed the rides we wanted to ride again.
Our kids are really up for doing this. Hopefully with the transport and fastpass system as it is, will make it easier. We are thinking a favourite ride, snack plus a picture. Thanks for showing it can be done.