Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Aug 18, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
twinkly-tink
VIP Dibber

twinkly-tink's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thanks Gavvy and KeithOp...that's reassuring! We have no convictions and visit friends in US regularly (3rd trip coming up soon!) so makes sense ... was just a tad worried given DH made redundant in April and still not found work and didn't want that to impact approval. Sounds like we may be ok. Also good to hear about doing interview on arrival... that would be a big help!

Thanks both
Old 15 Sep 18, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
twinkly-tink
VIP Dibber

twinkly-tink's Reviews
Mobile

Just by way of update for anyone interested (!)

we applied on 9th August... UK border force approval was quick c48 hours. Then submitted Global entry applications..and been checking pretty much every day or so for last 2 weeks (I'm inpatient! ) ...we both got conditional approvals today -so just a little over 5weeks from start to finish

Will now hopefully do enrollment on arrival when we get to Orlando on 28th. Assuming if we do it this way that we don't need to book an appointment on the TTP website ? !
Old 15 Sep 18, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We both had to make apppintments as we arrived just to late and didn't want not to get an appointment during our trips
They do adhear to appointments times rigidly
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 18, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
twinkly-tink
VIP Dibber

twinkly-tink's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
We both had to make apppintments as we arrived just to late and didn't want not to get an appointment during our trips
They do adhear to appointments times rigidly
Oh... Even if I'm doing it like this ...? The way I read it we could just do it on arrival?.

cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...llment-arrival

Edited at 10:54 PM.
twinkly-tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I would suggest you book an appointment for a time during your stay but then do the enrollment on arrival. Then if there is an issue with it not being available on arrival you still have the appointment that can be cancelled. You only have 6 months to have the interview so if it is not available on arrival you might miss your window.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
twinkly-tink
VIP Dibber

twinkly-tink's Reviews
Thanks fredflinstone... sounds like good advice! Appointments now booked in case if issue with doing enrollment when we arive!

Edited at 10:11 PM.
twinkly-tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
juliebissett72
Excited about Disney

Mobile

A friend of mine travels twice a year to the US and she has been considering global entry. Her only reservation is that checked baggage can take a while & does waiting on this negate any time advantage global entry gives through immigration. Can anyone advise on their experience?
juliebissett72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by juliebissett72 View Post
A friend of mine travels twice a year to the US and she has been considering global entry. Her only reservation is that checked baggage can take a while & does waiting on this negate any time advantage global entry gives through immigration. Can anyone advise on their experience?
I have been using GE for a while now and have never had to wait too long for baggage but it is very hard to predict.

One point to make for anyone considering GE don't forget that an ESTA is also still required.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 18, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindsk
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We had our UK border force approval within a week but have now been waiting over 3 weeks for the Trusted Traveler approval - I know they say it can take months but we were hoping to get an interview in MCO when we go in November. (I know there is still time but I am impatient ;-) )
Lindsk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 18, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by twinkly-tink View Post
Thanks fredflinstone... sounds like good advice! Appointments now booked in case if issue with doing enrollment when we arive!
Hi. If you do the interview on arrival that will automatically cancel your appointment so you dont have to do it manually.

Here is a tip. Wash your hands well on the plane to get all oil off. They want a perfect set of prints and clean hands make it easier.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List