Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Nov 18, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile Would you take child out of school?

Would you take your child out of school for holiday?

I will be taking my eldest out of school but I have been told that I won’t get fined as she’s not 5 so
School isn’t mandatory. Even if I am I’d just pay the fine.

Can’t go away in school holidays currently as neither of us could get time off in school holidays.

In the future it’s something we would have to look at as I wouldn’t want it to affect them learning.

Both me and hubby were took out of school tho and I don’t think it effected our actual grades.

Plus it’s would have cost us £1660 more for the same holiday.
Don’t think that is too much of a difference. Some I’ve seen were double and if they were both in school and older I would just book in the holidays.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

This is a banned topic of discussion on the Dibb.

You do what you feel is best for you. What anyone else does bears no relevance.
Old 15 Nov 18, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

We took our grandaughter out of school and saved my daughter £1200 going a week earlier than originally planned. She was happy to pay the £60 fine. Our grandaughter has excellent attendance and is always in the top 5 in tests. It was a no brainer.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

No I wouldn’t, there’s more than enough school holidays to choose from without taking a child out of school and if you look around you will always find similar prices in school holidays.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
ally1966
Imagineer

Mobile

We will be taking our DD11 out of school in February. Only you can decide if it’s the right thing for your family or not. It’s a subject that causes heated debates on here as a lot of people have strong feelings on both sides.
Old 15 Nov 18, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
This is always a heated debate on here with some having VERY strong opinions. Agree with another poster who says do what’s best for you & your family and it’s nothing to do with anyone else.

I have taken both of mine out of school at some point, and they will both miss some time on our next trip. We are a police/nursing family and getting time off together is really hard, but it’s up to us to make those decisions and deem wether it’s right for our kids or not. Tagging it onto half term is where I’m happier doing it, my daughter in year 8 watched pitch perfect 1/2/3 for 2 days before this October half term so IMO wouldnt miss any vital work had we gone away!

Edited at 10:01 AM.
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

As previous, the morality of this is a banned subject as it provokes strong feelings on both sides.
Factually we have in the past, but similarly to the OP, we carefully considered the specific circumstances (last year of primary, and post SAT's) and decided to do it. One other time we did a couple of days extension to a half term. At other times it was not even an option we were prepared to consider.
Old 15 Nov 18, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

I know this topic is banned, but before this gets closed, yes I definitely would, she is only 4. We took our son out every year until he got to year 6, we wouldn't take him out after that, they would miss too much. But until year 6 they are not going to miss anything important at all.
Old 15 Nov 18, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
eaglesrest
Apprentice Imagineer

Would I take a 4 year old out of pre-school for a holiday - yes of course.

Why ask the question - you already said you'd pay the fine anyway, which isn't applicable, so you were answering your own hypothetical question.

Edited at 10:06 AM.
eaglesrest is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by eaglesrest View Post
Would I take a 4 year old out of pre-school for a holiday - yes of course.

Why ask the question - you already said you'd pay the fine anyway, which isn't applicable, so you were answering your own hypothetical question.
More thinking about the future.
I’ve already booked this one so can’t really do anything about to. It isn’t pre school think it’s reception but school don’t know if I would be charged or not cos she’s the very youngest of the year.

Didn’t realise it was banned. Should have probably guessed.
Sorry.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread